Author Topic: New Delegates: Zach Lym Trial Week  (Read 8027 times)

Xeldal

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
2) cover the difference between what I will pay Zach and what I can pay myself back from the remainder of the DNS fund (< $2k)
I didn't understand that part. Can you elaborate / word it a little differently?

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
As you might know, the lead Namecoin developer is doing a trial week in VA starting Jan 4th. Since the DNS dev fund was reallocated to you the rest of you fine stakeholders, what's left of the original DNS investment is not enough to cover the whole trip, and since I pledged to stop spending my personal money for the benefit of BTS, I need to request a new delegate:   

dev-trial.misc.nikolai

This delegate will run for as long as I need to 1) get back the delegate registration fund (~59,900 BTS) and 2) cover the difference between what I will pay Zach and what I can pay myself back from the remainder of the DNS fund (< $2k). This should take approximately a month. At that time, I'll either burn the excess and take it offline, or make a new proposal for what to do with future income. I think keeping the node around for future dev trials is a natural choice, but that's a conversation for later.

This delegate will be 100% transparent - it is not personal income for me but rather an expense by the DAC.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.