Author Topic: Large transfer from latest btsx wallet to Poloniex lost?  (Read 2738 times)

Offline islandking

• The king of the island
    • View Profile
I just use BTER. There is low trading volume on Poloniex. You should open a support ticket, or just ask about it in the chat box.
I've been working on a new electronic cash system that's fully peer-to-peer, with no trusted third party. - Satoshi

Offline kamir.tam

• View Profile
from my experience poloniex deposit is slower than other exchanges, I use Bter and deposit/withdrawal is better.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 04:32:46 pm by kamir.tam »

Offline joereform

I had the same situation as well. I went to Bitsharesblocks.com and found the block with my transaction in it based on the time that I broadcasted it (one of the benefits of 30-second blocks). I then included the block number and the tx ID in my support ticket. It took them a few hours but eventually credited it to my account.

Offline optictopic

• View Profile
Thanks for the responses.  I generally have no problems with Poloniex.  Before I send large transactions I always send a couple small ones to verify they end up where I need them to, so being tricked wasn't the issue.  I agree with BTER being a better choice but they do not list MAIDSAFEcoin.   I tried the typing rescan in the console but nothing changed.  bytemaster said that the transaction ID #893a6a32 is in the blockchain but I have had several people say that it is not so I assume either they are looking in different places to verify this or they are looking in the same place and getting different results either way I am still unsure what needs to be done to settle this.  So any insight into this puzzle is as always greatly appreciated.

Offline joele

• View Profile
That transaction doesn't appear in the blockchain. That means you still have the funds. If they don't appear in your wallet, try the command 'rescan' in the console.
+5%

Offline jwiz168

• View Profile
issues with poloniex again  >:( . Man if you want to take care of your funds better head to bter.com as they have clear instructions on BTS deposit or withdrawal . Poloniex does not warn users to extremely caution their deposits because of TITAN's anomaly. There are several wallets that were being named close to poloniexwallet. And staff of Poloniex don't even bother to make an advisory . Contrast to bter.com , which indeed display its avatar to let user know that deposits for bter go through the CORRECT wallet. Using TITAN has advantages and disadvantages . I had experienced it when early stage of BTSX was having trouble with its UNKNOWN recipient . Because of TITAN , many took advantage of it by naming it close to what the appropriate name . Users must be careful and exchanges must let its users inform that there are existing situations and be able to advise. Earning so much with its transaction fees yet Poloniex exchange  does not even bother to make a complete guidelines on depositing to a TITAN wallet like BTS .
« Last Edit: December 26, 2014, 06:59:11 pm by jwiz168 »

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
That transaction doesn't appear in the blockchain. That means you still have the funds. If they don't appear in your wallet, try the command 'rescan' in the console.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline optictopic

• View Profile
This is the response from Poloniex:
"I suggest you contact them and inform your withdrawal transaction id is not on the block explorer, send too the link to the block explorer and if something went wrong they should just re-send the withdrawal.

Let me know how it goes.

Best regards,

Johnny Garcia"

Ticket: http://poloniex.freshdesk.com/helpdesk/tickets/

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
I hope you find your money; it's out there somewhere. Everyone else: please use Bter or BTC38 exchanges. Do not trust large sums to Poloniex. They're honest enough, I think, but really slow in responding to issues like this.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Poloniex has been known to take a good deal longer for large deposits than for small deposits.

Poloniex says it never received the btsx

Did they actually tell you this or is it just not there yet?
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline optictopic

• View Profile
Yesterday I downloaded the latest client and made a couple small transactions to Poloniex before sending a large transaction.  The small ones went through within a couple of hours but the big one never made it.  It was debited from my account but the transaction number was no where to be found in the block and Poloniex says it never received the btsx.  The transaction number is: Transaction #893a6a32   Can anyone please help me this?