Author Topic: Account registration faucet for new users!  (Read 18749 times)

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
is there any problem with the faucet? it submit the registration successfully but the account is not registered yet.

not at http://bitsharesblocks.com/accounts nor  wallet_list_my_accounts command (100% synced)

tried to register at poloniex, it gave "502: Bad gateway" error in the ajax request.

is it supposed to be this hard to register a bitshares account name?

what's your ID and public key?

Offline ngkong

• View Profile
is there any problem with the faucet? it submit the registration successfully but the account is not registered yet.

not at http://bitsharesblocks.com/accounts nor  wallet_list_my_accounts command (100% synced)

tried to register at poloniex, it gave "502: Bad gateway" error in the ajax request.

is it supposed to be this hard to register a bitshares account name?

Offline Possum577

Hey All. Just opened an account and registered on the blockchain today.  I see myself on the blockchain, however in the dashboard I'm not getting the "registered" confirmation. I'm probably missing something obvious, but any help is appreciated.

I also see the "Last block was synced" data at the bottom of the screen, is that related to my registration in anyway?

Thanks.

If you see your account name on the blockchain,
for example, looking it up on this website - http://bitsharesblocks.com/accounts

it means it is successfully registered.

If your BitShares client does not say so, it is likely that either the blockchain was not synchronized or the wallet did not scan the latest blocks for changes yet.

Give it some time or stop/start the client to catch up with the latest blocks.

The bottom of the GUI BitShares client shows the status of the your blockchain.

You can open the console in your gui client and try 'get_info' command: very helpful.

Thanks very much, this was the problem. I needed to allow a bit more time for everything to sync up!

Offline fundomatic

• View Profile
Hey All. Just opened an account and registered on the blockchain today.  I see myself on the blockchain, however in the dashboard I'm not getting the "registered" confirmation. I'm probably missing something obvious, but any help is appreciated.

I also see the "Last block was synced" data at the bottom of the screen, is that related to my registration in anyway?

Thanks.

If you see your account name on the blockchain,
for example, looking it up on this website - http://bitsharesblocks.com/accounts

it means it is successfully registered.

If your BitShares client does not say so, it is likely that either the blockchain was not synchronized or the wallet did not scan the latest blocks for changes yet.

Give it some time or stop/start the client to catch up with the latest blocks.

The bottom of the GUI BitShares client shows the status of the your blockchain.

You can open the console in your gui client and try 'get_info' command: very helpful.

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist

Thanks.

if you go into your account name on "Dashboard" you should see near your name if your account is registerd or not.

Offline Possum577

Thanks.

Offline lovejoy

• View Profile
    • Cryptofresh
  • BitShares: lovejoy
I opened my first BTS wallet a couple of months ago and have had a horrible time trying to get it registered.  I had to lead alot of BTS at BTER because I could not tranfer to wallet.  I just updated to version 6.1 and notice in the lower right corner that I have not synched blocks for 202 days???  Why did I not get an up to date synching of my wallet when I first loaded and why has it not been synching up to this point.  Hopefully this will resolve my registration problems as I know the names are registered but not at my wallet. 
PS  does anyone know if I will able to ever get my BTS from BTER - no information from them on their site.  Very frustrating experience which I partly put down to my age and lack of technological knowledge.  However I am very excited about the future of crypto business and will push on.

James,

Any luck with getting your wallet synced up and running?

The situation with BTER is looking as though it will be resolved imminently, fingers crossed!

You'll find the latest on the BTER situation here:
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=14291.360

Offline fundomatic

• View Profile
The update to 0.6.0/0.6.1 (and 0.6.2) BitShares client replays the blockchain: it shows the 'completed percentage'. Usually takes an hour with 8GB of RAM and midrange CPU.

Strange that you need to sync it again. Let it sync the blockchain.
I my case it takes an hour or two.

Lets hope we get our coins from bter. No updates here either.

Offline JamesK56

• View Profile
  • BitShares: jwk56
Follow up post.  I am synching but I have 112 days of synching left to do.  I am at block 672201 of 1909301 blocks.  At this rate it will take many days.
Do I have to synch all blocks or can I just synch the later ones?
Thanks

Offline JamesK56

• View Profile
  • BitShares: jwk56
I opened my first BTS wallet a couple of months ago and have had a horrible time trying to get it registered.  I had to lead alot of BTS at BTER because I could not tranfer to wallet.  I just updated to version 6.1 and notice in the lower right corner that I have not synched blocks for 202 days???  Why did I not get an up to date synching of my wallet when I first loaded and why has it not been synching up to this point.  Hopefully this will resolve my registration problems as I know the names are registered but not at my wallet. 
PS  does anyone know if I will able to ever get my BTS from BTER - no information from them on their site.  Very frustrating experience which I partly put down to my age and lack of technological knowledge.  However I am very excited about the future of crypto business and will push on.

Offline onceuponatime

Hi all I just signed up yesterday and once my wallet synced up all is good ! Looks promising but I still have a lot to learn .

Hey, welcome to the forums.

Have you read Max Wright's e-book called Bishares101? If not, you would probably find it very helpful for your learning process. It is available at Amazon or at http://cryptofresh.com/ in English, Russian, Spanish, Korean and very soon Greek and Italian.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 06:50:16 pm by onceuponatime »

Offline xxSUPERMANxx

• View Profile
Hi all I just signed up yesterday and once my wallet synced up all is good ! Looks promising but I still have a lot to learn .

Offline merivercap

• View Profile
    • BitCash
The blockchain says you registered 6 days ago:
Code: [Select]
delegate (locked) >>> blockchain_get_account merivercap
Name: merivercap
Last Updated: 6 days ago
Owner Key: BTS87UZaR1bYcDZ93K551tbtfafDUp7CPe2TEkHwKheihMPRc2njb
Active Key History:
- BTS84sh13WEmKCY7U71hYauBxMSXL9EYN833yL5yd44GJWpPiEb6A, last used 6 days ago

Seems your wallet is not synced

Thanks it works now!  Yes the wallet wasn't synced so I left my computer on overnight to download the blockchain. 

Anyways.  Everything is good now. 
BitCash - http://www.bitcash.org 
Beta: bitCash Wallet / p2p Gateway: (https://m.bitcash.org)
Beta: bitCash Trade (https://trade.bitcash.org)

Offline crypto pimp

• View Profile
Hi I downloaded a bts wallet and bought a few thousand coins on bter I tried 3 times to send coin to my public address, but none of them arrived in wallet! I just want to know where I have gone wrong as I haven't had this problem with any of the other wallets I use! I have tried registering using the faucet nothing happened so I tried again and it said name has been taken but I dont know if it is me who took it or not?  :-\

Is your BitShares wallet synced?

ah I never saw the righ hand corner until I went full screen, I installed it 3 days ago and I still have 137days left, good job Im not in a rush, but cheers for that patience isnt my strongest point  ;)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
The blockchain says you registered 6 days ago:
Code: [Select]
delegate (locked) >>> blockchain_get_account merivercap
Name: merivercap
Last Updated: 6 days ago
Owner Key: BTS87UZaR1bYcDZ93K551tbtfafDUp7CPe2TEkHwKheihMPRc2njb
Active Key History:
- BTS84sh13WEmKCY7U71hYauBxMSXL9EYN833yL5yd44GJWpPiEb6A, last used 6 days ago

Seems your wallet is not synced

Hi I downloaded a bts wallet and bought a few thousand coins on bter I tried 3 times to send coin to my public address, but none of them arrived in wallet! I just want to know where I have gone wrong as I haven't had this problem with any of the other wallets I use! I have tried registering using the faucet nothing happened so I tried again and it said name has been taken but I dont know if it is me who took it or not?  :-\
bter is offline atm .. but usually they can fix this on their end ..
Anyway .. why have you pasted your public address when it says to paste your account name??!