Author Topic: Account registration faucet for new users!  (Read 18600 times)

Offline matt608

• View Profile
Hi I downloaded a bts wallet and bought a few thousand coins on bter I tried 3 times to send coin to my public address, but none of them arrived in wallet! I just want to know where I have gone wrong as I haven't had this problem with any of the other wallets I use! I have tried registering using the faucet nothing happened so I tried again and it said name has been taken but I dont know if it is me who took it or not?  :-\

Is your BitShares wallet synced? 

Offline crypto pimp

• View Profile
Hi I downloaded a bts wallet and bought a few thousand coins on bter I tried 3 times to send coin to my public address, but none of them arrived in wallet! I just want to know where I have gone wrong as I haven't had this problem with any of the other wallets I use! I have tried registering using the faucet nothing happened so I tried again and it said name has been taken but I dont know if it is me who took it or not?  :-\

Offline raph74

I am having the same problem as merivercap, The faucet says I am registered but the bitshares client says I am not registered.

Thanks for any help.

Offline merivercap

• View Profile
    • BitCash
Hello... excited to be part of the community!

Just downloaded v0.6.1 and installed on Windows.  Went to the faucet site and registered via Facebook and was authenticated, but I did not get registered to the blockchain.  Also the faucet website didn't display well for me on Firefox... it only flashed the various identity providers before disappearing so I had to click to register again and quickly click on the Facebook login button to finally authenticate...

Re-tried to register for the faucet and it says I'm already registered.... but didn't receive the 0.5BTS

Anyways.. just wondering if anyone can give me any guidance... thank you...
BitCash - http://www.bitcash.org 
Beta: bitCash Wallet / p2p Gateway: (https://m.bitcash.org)
Beta: bitCash Trade (https://trade.bitcash.org)

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Oops. I just noticed I bought BitShares PTS and not BTS. I am not having luck finding a way to own BTS without getting a BTS wallet. Any help?

You can hold BTS on an exchange like bter.com
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline AdamHackbarth

• View Profile
Oops. I just noticed I bought BitShares PTS and not BTS. I am not having luck finding a way to own BTS without getting a BTS wallet. Any help?

Offline AdamHackbarth

• View Profile
So does this mean I cannot use the faucet if I do not own a wallet? I use Cryptsy to buy my Bitshares. Do I still need to set up a wallet? I do not own a computer I trust well enough to install a wallet. I do my crypto purchasing on my lunch break at work.

Possible dumb question.. Trying to register at the faucet, I get this:

We were unable to register account 'kencode' - { "message": "Assert Exception (10)\nbase58str.substr( 0, prefix_len ) == prefix: \n", "detail": "10 assert_exception: Assert Exception\nbase58str.substr( 0, prefix_len ) == prefix: \n {\"base58str\":\"1A0499F885706D41559650D832FBB0E291EA53A1\"}\n th_a types.cpp:31 public_key_type", "code": 10 }

Is that err saying my pgp fp is not correct? i entered the shorter 64-bit version too, just in case. no go.
Thanx :)
  -ken

try this in your wallet:

go to the console button
type in:
wallet_get_account_public_address yourusername

(yourusername as in your username :P)
it should pump out a public key address
that should be what the site wants
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 02:04:39 pm by AdamHackbarth »

Offline Riverhead

What are you seeing in the client? Try right-clicking and selecting refresh when on your account page.

Offline matthewmorganstein

I'm seeing that I cannot redo the registration because I am already registered, however that's not the what I see in my Bitshares client.

Offline robrigo

Hello, still trying to get this rolling. I launched the Bitshares client on my Mac, pasted my username and key into the faucet, used my reddit account to validate it, then was taken to the "congrats" screen that suggested I post something via twitter or facebook, "to add funds." ? I didn't do either, and simply went back into the client on my computer. But it still says that my account is not registered with the blockchain?  :( Is there a delay or did I miss something?

Thanks.

You can use the faucet directly from the account registration prompt in the client. Can you try doing it again that way to see if it registers you?

Offline futurist

Hello, still trying to get this rolling. I launched the Bitshares client on my Mac, pasted my username and key into the faucet, used my reddit account to validate it, then was taken to the "congrats" screen that suggested I post something via twitter or facebook, "to add funds." ? I didn't do either, and simply went back into the client on my computer. But it still says that my account is not registered with the blockchain?  :( Is there a delay or did I miss something?

Thanks.

Offline yak

We were unable to register account 'kencode' - { "message": "Assert Exception (10)\nbase58str.substr( 0, prefix_len ) == prefix: \n", "detail": "10 assert_exception: Assert Exception\nbase58str.substr( 0, prefix_len ) == prefix: \n {\"base58str\":\"1A0499F885706D41559650D832FBB0E291EA53A1\"}\n th_a types.cpp:31 public_key_type", "code": 10 }

Is that err saying my pgp fp is not correct? i entered the shorter 64-bit version too, just in case. no go.
  -ken

try this in your wallet:

go to the console button
type in:
wallet_get_account_public_address yourusername

(yourusername as in your username :P)
it should pump out a public key address
that should be what the site wants

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise

-ken

kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.