Author Topic: Advertising "The Blockchain Is Hiring"  (Read 5158 times)

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
This video style is awesome.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW60h6oZzms

I could script a couple of things that it must have, but ad hoc comments work well too.   But we need someone in Virginia to shoot that.     It would be awesome.

Let me know what you want shot... and specify the caliber.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline bitmarket

• View Profile
    • BitShares TV
This video style is awesome.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW60h6oZzms

I could script a couple of things that it must have, but ad hoc comments work well too.   But we need someone in Virginia to shoot that.     It would be awesome.
Host of BitShares.TV and Author of BitShares 101

Offline Rune

• View Profile
There's already the bitshares.tv episode 2 with toast as the world first blockchain employee. I don't think the episode is that great but it's good enough to be shared. I think it would be great for max wright to do more episodes with each employee, also so investors can get to know them and figure out if they are worth investing in.
Don't you think it is more impressive to have a whole group of talented developers itroduce themselves together? It creates a feeling of "we are behind this together". Something like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW60h6oZzms just more tailored to the blockchain is hiring...

How about doing several episodes of indepth interviews, and then editing them together to an easily digestible "introducing our team" video. Then investors who want to learn more about specific developers and their current projects can jump to that video and check it out. Anyway this is certainly something bitshares.tv will be tackling. I think we can expect to see many new and different videos from max once he gets started and begins to learn what formats pays off with views.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
There's already the bitshares.tv episode 2 with toast as the world first blockchain employee. I don't think the episode is that great but it's good enough to be shared. I think it would be great for max wright to do more episodes with each employee, also so investors can get to know them and figure out if they are worth investing in.
Don't you think it is more impressive to have a whole group of talented developers itroduce themselves together? It creates a feeling of "we are behind this together". Something like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW60h6oZzms just more tailored to the blockchain is hiring...

+5% developers as collective
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile

Offline Rune

• View Profile

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
I agree, visual storytelling is much more communicative than text.  I'm getting myself ready to make some great videos in support of BTS.  If no one gets to it before me I will definitely work on the production of such a video!  About to launch a new media delegate team, details forthcoming.  :)
Sounds great! A video where all the core devs are physically together would be defenitely more impressive and create an atmosphere of togetherness and "mission" but something over google hangouts would be very nice too and attract more attention than a text.

is mumble session online on soundcloud?
I have only seen this. But it is on .ogg so its only 32 MB. https://www.dropbox.com/s/vbva1yhprfdtvcp/Mumble-2014-12-26-09-21-29-vx31.commandchannel.com-Mixdown.ogg?dl=0

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
is mumble session online on soundcloud?
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline lovejoy

• View Profile
    • Cryptofresh
  • BitShares: lovejoy
I agree, visual storytelling is much more communicative than text.  I'm getting myself ready to make some great videos in support of BTS.  If no one gets to it before me I will definitely work on the production of such a video!  About to launch a new media delegate team, details forthcoming.  :)

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
After listening to the newest mumble hangout (12/26) where BM talked about the potential and need to hire more skilled developers I had the following idea:

With any paid position not only and maybe even not primarily money is what counts. More it is the working environment, the vision of the company and how serious the business is (how long lasting will my employment be). That all counts even more if a blockchain is hiring. It is a totally new concept and while many will find it interesting equally many will perceive it as a gimmick and not something to base your career on.

What means of communication helps the most to change the public perception of "the bitshares blockchain is hiring" as "just being some gimmick some altcoin developers want attack some attention with" (that would be the worst case perception and I don't think the majority of people have it but you get my point)? Text is not perfect here, it is too unpersonal and doesn't create trust, doens't give them something tangible.
The idea: A video where all BitShares devs introduce themselves. In that video the bitshares philosophy, the business model / core features of bitshares could be explained and what it means to be hired by the blockchain could be explained.
The effect: People will see a lot of talented people that have chosen to by hired by the blockchain. Trust is built since there is personal interaction between the viewer and the people that are backing the project.

Any other ideas?
« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 01:05:02 am by delulo »