Author Topic: New market-making initiative - looking for volunteers with capital  (Read 1425 times)

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso
gotta ask, if it is such easy money then why are you offering it up for free and with a buy in limit of 20k?

Offline bitmarket

• View Profile
    • BitShares TV
I am in.   Sign me up.   I need  Riverhead though
Host of BitShares.TV and Author of BitShares 101

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline fluxer555

• View Profile
I want to clarify, this "easy money" will be going to the market maker?

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
I have finished a simple market-maker for two external exchanges. Once it is polished, adding more exchanges will be easy.

I am looking for anybody who:

1) Has at least ~$20k to put in a MM bot
2) Is willing to accept standard market-maker risks (exposure to wrong asset at the wrong time for any given pair)
3) Is willing to accept "immature code" risk.
4) Has basic IT skills (launch a VPS, generate api keys) - YOU will be running the bot and taking full responsibility for it.

Please PM me.

Riverhead is already helping with IT support, if you are missing #4 but trust him that may be an option as well.

Advantages of being an early market maker is that you will get any the same trading fee discounts as I have managed to negotiate (one deal so far), and you won't have much competition.

I will open-source more and more of the code over time as competition heats up and this isn't such easy money.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.