Author Topic: Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?  (Read 1862 times)

Offline matt608

• View Profile
Absolutely, having them become gateways and/or accepting a bitasset as direct payment would be a great partnership.

Exactly... BitReserve could issue BRGOLD to trade against BitGold.

What about accepting bitGOLD as payment?  Like btc38 accepting bitCNY as if it was real CNY.

They may want to support the use of gold as a currency, in which case encouraging the use of bitGOLD is good for them indirectly.

From their Gold page:
https://bitreserve.org/en/our-vision/gold

"We’ve partnered with leading institutional precious metals provider GBI to ensure all Bitreserve gold is backed by real gold, not Exchange-Traded Funds (ETFs). If you have further questions about our Gold Card, please see our FAQ." -

Maybe real gold suppliers should be contacted as ideal merchants to accept bitGOLD as payment?

« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 05:03:06 pm by matt608 »

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
Absolutely, having them become gateways and/or accepting a bitasset as direct payment would be a great partnership.

Maybe Americans can use the Ripple on-ramp in the states to buy BTS more easily if such a path provided ?
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline matt608

• View Profile

Offline teenagecheese

• View Profile
Abraham Lincoln; I googled that quote...anyway, I was thinking a primary focus of BitShares should be to partner with all of these semi-centralized "bit__" companies, e.g., bitreserve, bitgold.com, etc. Get them to work with us instead of against us. If the utility they offer alone was not already enough of an incentive, their name is actually a blessing in disguise.

Doing so would strengthen the peg by offering a path to actual reserves of bitassets, yet would not compromise the fundamental decentralized foundation of BitShares.

Any thoughts? Is this already happening and I just missed it? Anyone (maybe a potential delegate, hint hint a good way to get elected) interested in doing this?