Author Topic: Make Functionality of the Full Wallet a Priorty?  (Read 1978 times)

Offline teenagecheese

• View Profile
Thanks again. Listening to it now/tomorrow maybe.

By the way in case anyone else has problems, my wallet just finished syncing. My problems were resolved after deleting everything but the wallet folder from C:\Users\"Username"\AppData\Roaming\Bitshares

AFTER BACKING UP OF COURSE!!!

For Devs: before I did this I experienced severe intermittent connectivity issues as well as, later on, the error:(paraphrased) an instance of bitshares is already running. It was not. The other thread about this helped me solve my problem, thanks to those guys.

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline teenagecheese

• View Profile
Hahaha. I guess it's not on soundcloud yet, could you tell me where it is? Thanks.

Offline hpenvy2

• View Profile
Thanks I will

You're welcome. I only know this because I listened to it an hour ago. :)

Offline teenagecheese

• View Profile

Offline hpenvy2

• View Profile
I'd recommend reviewing Bytemaster's latest mumble session, he talked about wallets in detail.

Offline teenagecheese

• View Profile
As an early adopter (I've been into PTS>BitShares for over a year) I am having a seriously hard time being an early adopter (that sentence was not a typo). I have been trying to sync my newly updated wallet for over a day now to send my friend BitShares that I bought for him. I know from past experience that eventually I will get it synced, but this is unacceptable. Disclaimer: I am computer literate, the software really doesn't work well.

In addition to just being annoying, this is actually detrimental. Why? Because if early adopters (the critical main user base, I'm sure you know the concept already) can barely use the software even if they really want to, you will have less people spreading the word, as well as less people providing precious liquidity.

I know the light wallet is supposed to be fast and easy and bla bla, but my theory is that a significant portion of early adopters (as opposed to the general public that the light wallet targets) want the full functionality and security of the full wallet. I know I do.

Bitcoin's QT wallet wasn't pretty, but at least it worked.

Sorry if this sounded aggressive, I don't want to retype it. I meant it to be a call for discussion on the proposed theory of the priority of the full wallet as opposed to the light wallet. Curious to hear your thoughts.

« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 04:26:21 am by teenagecheese »