Author Topic: Why bitshares does not make bid side a priority?  (Read 2923 times)

Offline fluxer555

• View Profile
Could the escrow feature be used between two parties similar to brokers managing funds to provide liquidity?  I'd be open to the idea of pooling my funds with others to make markets.

Right this way, sir...
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=12289.0

Offline yellowecho

Could the escrow feature be used between two parties similar to brokers managing funds to provide liquidity?  I'd be open to the idea of pooling my funds with others to make markets.
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
You can get hired by the BitShares blockchain. It is not up to core devs or anyone in particular, as anyone who holds BTS can vote in the wallet. If you get a good reputation here you can easily get funded. In addition, as Rune points out, many of the elected Delegates will be more liberal with handing out bounties, so I wouldn't worry too much about Bytemaster's stance on the issue.

Offline Rune

• View Profile
I understand there is no bounty on ideas since ideas are cheap. On other hand bounty on idea that ends up to be working and improves product are other matter. You pay only for results.

I would gladly invest in bitshares but it trades well above reasonable levels for quality of service it provides. I'll wait for lower prices and/or time when you independently came up with my or better solution to poor bid depth. Sorry to waste your time. See you later.

I'll definitely tip you if you post an idea that's good, I bet others would too. We've also been thinking of a system like this on the nullstreet forum, where people can get tipped/rewarded for good ideas. You could describe your idea there.

Offline cryptosile

• View Profile
the bid side is weak, I would think partially from the fact that most of the holders of BTS believe in the long term value of BTS and happier holding BTS or even becoming more exposed on BTS by shorting a particular asset.  Stronger bid side depth will come when more users come on board to the platform that are interesting in just maintaing a stable value + interest.

The interest rate paid to holders is a mechanism to increase the bid side.  There is still major price discover happening around what the correct / prevailing interest rate.  So, this market is still very young and as that interest rate goes up so should the bid book.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
I don't have any bitshares and since I am little greedy man I need to ask if there are any bounties currently held that I could claim if my proposal would get implemented?
if some of your ideas get implemented or at least will heavily discussed and maybe even rejected,  be sure enough that the probability to get elected as a paid delegate raise exponentially in case the shareholders thing you have already distributed enough and they are convinced you will contribute further...  and believe me a delegate place is much more honorable and valuable than any bounty you maybe would grab here  ... I assume I wouldn't tell you that if it was to late... but since we are living on early day's that is how I feel and advice...  your ideas will bee paid sooner or latter if they are worth...  we really have many examples in this community that can prove what I am trying to tell...   ;)

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 997D

Offline aaaxn

• View Profile
I understand there is no bounty on ideas since ideas are cheap. On other hand bounty on idea that ends up to be working and improves product are other matter. You pay only for results.

I would gladly invest in bitshares but it trades well above reasonable levels for quality of service it provides. I'll wait for lower prices and/or time when you independently came up with my or better solution to poor bid depth. Sorry to waste your time. See you later.

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
I don't have any bitshares and since I am little greedy man I need to ask if there are any bounties currently held that I could claim if my proposal would get implemented?

There has been about 10 iterations of the market rules already, some from community members volunteering ideas. As BM says, get some skin in the game and buy some! You won't regret it (probably).

Offline bytemaster

No bounties for ideas.   Ideas are a dime a dozen and cost us just as much to evaluate them as it does you to document them.   Are you going to pay us if your idea doesn't pan out and we spend hours trying to understand / evaluate / critique it?

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline aaaxn

• View Profile

Offline bytemaster

We already have changes in the pipeline and mostly implemented for relative orders.  This will make it easier for the average guy to provide liquidity.

Ideas that have been considered are automatic market making by the blockchain itself (with a wide variety of rules).  These are mostly rejected on the basis of socialization of risk and opportunity for traders to abuse it.

We welcome all ideas so please post. 
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
Aah but shorts are forced to cover every 30 days at any price <= to the feed price, therefore if you sell your bitUSD below the price feed you are guaranteed to have it sold within 30 days. Of course this is the absolute maximum, in reality it will be sold much sooner.

This is something that is not obvious from the charts.

Offline aaaxn

• View Profile
I watch bitshares for some time now and there is almost always problem with liquidity on bid side of bitassets. This is really sad, because it is only side of market that really matters for widespread adoption. If someone is wondering if he should accept bitUSD as payment he looks up how much he can get for it and realizes that it would be few percent of significantly less if he has large amount to sell.

With all the tools and information on bitshares blockchain I can propose few simple changes to market engine that could guarantee that holders of bitUSD can always sell it for good price. Are you interested in such changes or are you happy with how system currently works?