Author Topic: We need more delegates for marketing  (Read 7002 times)

Offline gamey

• View Profile
I started a similar thread about a month ago.  Suggesting funds be put in a multisig address of 3 people.

Matt608 was the only one who responded positively AFAIK.  Toast suggested I start out with a lower paid delegate.  (Which thinking about it some more, with price feeds etc I can understand that suggestion but meh it complicates the whole issue)  Anyway, seeing the lack of community support and realizing I was just setting myself up to be committed to another half-baked project I deleted the thread. I have enough half-baked projects - thank you!

It does seem to me that marketing could use a general funds account to be used by any project.  I would suggest that the multi-sig holders be in charge of deciding where the money would go.  2/3 would protect everyone involved.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 09:06:54 pm by gamey »
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
So anyone is waiting that "someone" will volunteer to do the job for free.

I don't agree with this assumtion.

All the critic i had with Brian was always not to be open and coordinate the many volunteers here in the forum. We have planty of them.

BUT

we have to coordinate and honor their efforts and to pay them. And if it is a small amount it is ok - here is more the gesture important then the money.

Do you guys really believe without marketing or now preparing for the "big" push, we will get anyway? I don't think Brian left much to us, so we have to do all the stuff new and we have no time to get lazy now and wait for something.

On Nullstreet it was suggested that we can run a delegate for marketing and provide funds to people who will need them.

Just my 5 bitUSD.

So actions?

1. We get some discussion what the community is thinking how many delegates for marketing we need "now"?
2. I am willing to fund 1 delegate 100% but don't want to run it.
3. I can only fund it if we get a kind of consensus and Bytemaster will in advance agree to vote for him

So time to discuss!