Author Topic: Full Pay Delegates for Gateways  (Read 6840 times)

Offline Rune

• View Profile
Made a post to gather support for a coinbase bonus delegate. https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=12751.0

I think anyone who can run a delegate should be making one of these proposals for each of the big onramps ASAP!

Offline matt608

• View Profile

Offer the gateway delegate pay on the condition they use it give discounts to users to make use of their new BitShares features, for a limited time, such as 1 year.

Another condition should be that the gateway enables BitShares login. 

Offline Rune

• View Profile
Just a quick thought but I am not seeing the angle here?

A exchange votes it's own delegate into power via our coins that it is holding. They then get to keep said funds free and clear.

How can we stop them from doing this or get them to use the funds for something other then a bigger profit margin?

lol the soy sauce thing is gold :)

BTC38 will hopefully be the only centralized exchange that ever trades BTS at any real volume. Wallets like coinbase/circle will be pitched bitassets, exchanges will be pitched gateways. Our priority should always be to have bitshares private keys are under direct control of the shareholders.

I'm not sure if that's the way to go, more exchanges trading BTS helps project from black swans as the feed price is the average of all the exchanges, so more exchanges = harder to crash BTS on all of them.  Plus its good just to have BTS available for purchase easily on as many places as possible, though maybe I haven't fully understood the benefits of being a gateway.

The feed price can also work from the bitasset peg and internal market rate. Centralization of stakeholders is the only real long term POS security issue so even if you could argue that there would be some advantages to having centralized BTS exchanges they will never outweigh the risk.

Offline matt608

• View Profile

A exchange votes it's own delegate into power via our coins that it is holding. They then get to keep said funds free and clear.

How can we stop them from doing this or get them to use the funds for something other then a bigger profit margin?

BTC38 will hopefully be the only centralized exchange that ever trades BTS at any real volume. Wallets like coinbase/circle will be pitched bitassets, exchanges will be pitched gateways. Our priority should always be to have bitshares private keys are under direct control of the shareholders.

I'm not sure if that's the way to go, more exchanges trading BTS helps project from black swans as the feed price is the average of all the exchanges, so more exchanges = harder to crash BTS on all of them.  Plus its good just to have BTS available for purchase easily on as many places as possible, though maybe I haven't fully understood the benefits of being a gateway.

Offline Rune

• View Profile

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso

Offline matt608

• View Profile
I'm here to get some soy sauce . 8)

Lol...I have no clue what that means, but that might make it even funnier.

Some actress got their naked sex picture taken by an actor and spread publicly .
The Chinese TV interviewed several passerby : How do you feel about this news event ?

One guy said : Hell , what do I have to do with it ? I'm just come to the store to get some soy sauce . (Literally, he was getting soy sauce) .

So, the phrase is to describe those who doesn't want to express their idea at this point , but just here to observe .

lol, the birth of a meme. 

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
What if we as a community decided to set aside perhaps twenty or so 100% delegates "on Contract" to receive 100% delegate pay for up to a full year for opening up fiat Gateways (like BTC38 did) and meeting certain metrics we write. 

I am NOT certain all of the details to how this would be done, but watching BTC38 have a delegate paid for and also noting their willingness to use bitCNY as though it is "real" CNY has really gotten me thinking about this...

Thoughts?  Please try to make them constructive!

Excellent idea. Very good strategically.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline fuzzy

Some actress got their naked sex picture taken by an actor and spread publicly .
The Chinese TV interviewed several passerby : How do you feel about this news event ?

One guy said : Hell , what do I have to do with it ? I'm just come to the store to get some soy sauce . (Literally, he was getting soy sauce) .

So, the phrase is to describe those who doesn't want to express their idea at this point , but just here to observe .

Oh you guys "getting your soy sauce" and "cutting your chives"...
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile

这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline fuzzy

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline fuzzy

I agree with with your idea, but I think the most efficient advertiser for nullstreet would be bitshares (rather than random, possibly competing products). So it would still make sense to have a delegate to fund it I think.

What im talking about would be down the line. For instance, there are 5, 6, 7 *insert: sharedropped* DPOS chains directly competing with BTS (or maybe just offer better services for certain jurisdictions).  NullStreet already wins if BTS goes to the moon. They are positioned in a very good place imho to be the FIRST to know about valuable moves in the bitshares space...people will naturally go there for that reason alone. 

However, we will further down the line start having virtual conferences in mumble.  NullStreet is already being set up to provide coverage of what happens in these conferences (I have supplied a direct link in mumble for over 5 months now) and will be pretty much guaranteed to be among the first to know about them. It will be the initial marketing team (that anyone was allowed to join...IF THEY VOLUNTEERED) who will enjoy these benefits because it was they who took up the torch when noone forced them to. 
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 03:04:49 am by fuzzy »

Offline Rune

• View Profile
I agree with with your idea, but I think the most efficient advertiser for nullstreet would be bitshares (rather than random, possibly competing products). So it would still make sense to have a delegate to fund it I think.

Offline fuzzy

Hell nullstreet might not even need a delegate at that point because they could essentially monetize the bitshares-centric news site that method had already set Nullstreet up to become.

How would you monetise this without a delegate?

I am not sure.  How does Coindesk monetize?  Through ads?  I am not sure...would have to think it through because the incentives need to do 3 things (imho): 
1) Help initial "core" members who have busted their asses for very little.  To my knowledge, Method has not taken any of the payment for himself...which to me should be rewarded (which is precisely why I have a link to NullStreet and a NullStreet marketing area in the Mumble Server)
2) Incentivize NullStreet to not directly pick winners and losers (in the long run, at least).
3) Provide a way to not depend ONLY on BTS for these profits.