Author Topic: Top Priorities for BitShares RIGHT NOW? (Part 2, consolidating the list)  (Read 6560 times)

Offline merlin0113

• View Profile
I want to try to check this post.
Task complete: 1 points; Task failed: -1 points; Task made great progress: 0 points.
1)   Light Weight Client (only dev version but close, 1 points)
2)   Web Wallet (VA dev and Yunbi are both working on, but no timeline, 0 points)
3)     BTS wallet improvement ----> more fluent, more stable (I myself found the 0.6.1 crash often, PS I am a heavy user, 0 points)
4)     basic voting feature support (I think vote is as complicated as before? -1 points)
5)     easy to use multi-sig for cold storage (function released, but easy? 1 points)
6)     Bitshares mail -1 (no mail, -1 points)
7)       User-Issued Asset (UIA) features (not certain about this dev.snow's progress, ? points)
8)   Lots of quality documentation (ie: BM's blog) (We have BM's blog, Stan's The Origin of BitShares, but not enough, e.g. we don't have a wiki frontpage as coolspeed mentioned, we don't have a new ann post after the "merger". 0 points)
9)   Whitepapers (Same as 3?) (Same as 8, 0 points)
10)   Documentation of the code base to reduce the learning curve of getting more devs involved. (Maybe toast is working on it, maybe already show on GitHub? ? points)
11)   Press Kit (I don't understand this maybe same as 13? ? points)
12)   Marketing (Too comprehensive to evaluate, but based the price performance... 0 points)
13)   widespread media coverage (bitsharestv is starting this! (Two coindesk articles, i.e. Play Dacx & Bitshares, several chinese articles by chenhaonan. As to bitshares.tv, only has 112 twitter followers. I don't think it is widespread by any definition. 0 points)
14)   Something like the original famous 'weusecoins' video (? points)
15)   Gateways (metaexchange, shapeshift, tradebts.com etc. Also dev.snow work on the code level. But as I can expect we need a USD ramp off just as tradebts.com, in this case it's a long long shot. 0 points)
16)   Easy fiat onramps from USD into both BTS and bitUSD  (-1 points)
17)   Getting listed on one of the top exchanges (BTCChina, OKCoin, Bitfinex or Bitstamp) (We are publicly refused by okcoin on reddit, no progress made I think. -1 points)
18)   Getting bitUSD accepted on one of the top crypto marketplaces. (remittance market, mariguana market? -1 points)
19)   Workable debit card for bitUSD (-1 points)
20)   merchant adoption (-1 points)
21)  Ecommerce plugins (I think this is not hard, I would consider it's done. 1 points)
22)   API providers (think chain.com) (blackwave is out, so no? -1 points)
23)   network stability (DevShares?) (perfect, 1 points)

The total score is -4 points, and 4 completed or near completed items total.
The price is dropped from 0.1 CNY to 0.056 CNY, -44%; while BTC's price dropped from 1960 CNY to 1544 CNY, -21%; Dogecoin from 0.00113 CNY to 0.00092 CNY, -19%. ouch!

Offline carpet ride

• View Profile

Great work Fuzz. 

One comment: #20 Merchant adoption should be replaced my User adoption.  Get the users by giving them a reason to hold, use and prefer bitUSD and the merchants will come.   If you put Merchant adoption before consumer adoption, you'll get stagnation just like with Bitcoin. 

IMO the proper evolution should be:

1) User holding of bitUSD due to perceived value resulting from yield )
2) (Once sufficiently valuable), merchants attract this wealthy demographic by also accepting bitUSD (same as they are doing with bitcoin)
3) User Usage begins to be driven by merchant offers of products and services in bitUSD.

Sounds like push-pull business theory.  It seems like the more logical foundation. +5%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All opinions are my own. Anything said on this forum does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation between myself and anyone else.
Check out my blog: http://CertainAssets.com
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline James212

• View Profile
Great work Fuzz. 

One comment: #20 Merchant adoption should be replaced my User adoption.  Get the users by giving them a reason to hold, use and prefer bitUSD and the merchants will come.   If you put Merchant adoption before consumer adoption, you'll get stagnation just like with Bitcoin. 

2) (Once sufficiently valuable), merchants attract this wealthy demographic by also accepting bitUSD (same as they are doing with bitcoin)
3) User Usage begins to be driven by merchant offers of products and services in bitUSD.

I respectfully disagree.  Bitcoin merchant adoption has been going very well, it's one of bitcoins biggest success areas.  It may be possible to piggyback on top of bitcoins work and be accepted by thousands of bitcoin accepting merchants all at once.  Definitely something to aim for!  User adoption is just the overall goal of the whole thing rather than a step on along the way.

Merchants accepting bitUSD need to be able to easily pay their employees + suppliers with it so they don't have to sell it.  Would some kind of integration with accounting software facilitate this, or could they just do it anyway?  What would be the barriers stopping merchants from paying their employees + suppliers with bitUSD? (other than lack of demand)

I am glad that merchant adoption is going well, but my questions is: how does merchant adoption lead to user adoption which as stated is our end goal?   It doesn't.  If users have not reason to hold bitUSD as a store of value the currency play unravels.  However in your second paragraph, it seems you are including Business to Business transactions as "merchants", but if the businesses are holding earnings in bitUSD (i.e. using bitUSD as a store of value) they, in this case, are "users" not merchants, so we do agree.  The challenge is to give these merchants a reason to want to USE, not just accept bitUSD.   
BTS: theangelwaveproject

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
Doing everything to get network effect on bitUSD/bitCNY/bitGOLD is key now. That is the area were first-mover advantage is worth everything. If we can't perfect bitAssets and get wide adoption before everyone else we are wasting our time.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 10:06:36 am by CLains »

Offline merlin0113

• View Profile
26)All mentioned items to be proceeded by action in a traceable manner. (We simply can't afford another "marketing director" event.)
27)More respect, understanding, unity is required within Bitshares community.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 05:39:31 am by merlin0113 »

Offline mike623317

• View Profile
24 )   nice good looking and info oriented  website for ordinary users to know more about BTS .

Oh, wait .......There is already one .   www.AboutBTS.com

That's a good site. I didn't know that existed.

Offline matt608

• View Profile
Great work Fuzz. 

I respectfully disagree.  Bitcoin merchant adoption has been going very well, it's one of bitcoins biggest success areas.  It may be possible to piggyback on top of bitcoins work and be accepted by thousands of bitcoin accepting merchants all at once.  Definitely something to aim for!  User adoption is just the overall goal of the whole thing rather than a step on along the way.

Merchants accepting bitUSD need to be able to easily pay their employees + suppliers with it so they don't have to sell it.  Would some kind of integration with accounting software facilitate this, or could they just do it anyway?  What would be the barriers stopping merchants from paying their employees + suppliers with bitUSD? (other than lack of demand)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 09:11:00 pm by matt608 »

Offline James212

• View Profile
Great work Fuzz. 

« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 08:00:47 pm by James212 »
BTS: theangelwaveproject

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
24 )   nice good looking and info oriented  website for ordinary users to know more about BTS .

I also think fixing Bitshares.org should be a top priority. Every other major crypto has a great looking OFFICIAL site....ours is badly badly lacking.

Adam Ernest is analyzing metrics and working on a "fix".  He will describe his plans on Bytemaster's Blog in an upcoming post.  Good to hear MethodX and the NullStreet contingent are thinking about it too.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 06:38:56 pm by Stan »
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline matador123

• View Profile

I also think fixing Bitshares.org should be a top priority. Every other major crypto has a great looking OFFICIAL site....ours is badly badly lacking.

Offline Markus

• View Profile
If I could wish I would like a stable, easy to use client as first priority. Bugfixing and performance only, no more feature creep please. Quick synching, time-lag after clicking or typing less than 0.5 seconds and no more crashes. Fix bugs like the broken cross-currency markets.

Your points 15 and 16 are essentially the same and would be the next point on the list. This is nothing the community as a whole can do but individuals in a favourable jurisdiction should set up independently. My place charges a 10 per cent tax on any non-private crypto-fiat transaction so I'm out. I would like to assist though: Anybody who would like to partner up to set up a professional ramp/gateway, please contact me.

Offline fuzzy

3)
15)
1)

… in that order. Everything else depends on those.

Thank you Markus, for reading the post and fully considering what I am asking.  My class ends tomorrow, I will start running a delegate soon after.  If I get it voted in, I intend on using some of the funds for people contributing to these efforts.  Please continue.  Expound further.  I will check back later on today because I have to go for now. 
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline Markus

• View Profile
3)
15)
1)

… in that order. Everything else depends on those.

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile

这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.