Author Topic: BitShares Fee Schedule Explained  (Read 2537 times)

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
The article says delegates receive transaction fees over two weeks.

As clarification, this is not what happens in the current code.  Currently all transaction fees are burned.

However, we did distribute transaction fees to delegates in past versions, and we currently plan to re-enable this functionality at the 1.0 hardfork.

Since the block rewards issued to delegates will decrease over time, giving them transaction fees is necessary to future proof the network.

0.4.28, not 1.0
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont

As clarification, this is not what happens in the current code.  Currently all transaction fees are burned.

However, we did distribute transaction fees to delegates in past versions, and we currently plan to re-enable this functionality at the 1.0 hardfork.

Since the block rewards issued to delegates will decrease over time, giving them transaction fees is necessary to future proof the network.

Good to know, hope this rule will never change again...
BTS committee member:jademont

Offline svk

I still think this should be implemented inversely to the halving of the block rewards, meaning the amount of fees paid out to delegate should increase whenever a halving of the block reward happens. Fees going to delegates in addition to the current rate of dilution pay isn't really necessary.
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline theoretical

BTS- theoretical / PTS- PZxpdC8RqWsdU3pVJeobZY7JFKVPfNpy5z / BTC- 1NfGejohzoVGffAD1CnCRgo9vApjCU2viY / the delegate formerly known as drltc / Nothing said on these forums is intended to be legally binding / All opinions are my own unless otherwise noted / Take action due to my posts at your own risk

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Rune

• View Profile
Where Fees Go

All fees paid in BTS are accumulated into a fund that is gradually paid out to all delegates over two weeks. When a delegate produces a block they are entitled to a percentage of the fund which is then adjusted by their delegate pay rate. A delegate with 100% pay will receive the full amount, where as a delegate with 0% will burn the full amount they are entitled to. When BTS is burned this is similar to returning the value to the shareholders. We can therefore summarize it as all BTS fees are paid to delegates or returned to shareholders.

Maybe I have missed something here. Are the bold words still in effect? In my memory the delegates are paid with the inflated BTS, rather than the collected fees.

They are paid with both. This ensures that the reward schedule will never have to be changed again.

Offline muse-umum

• BitShares everything
    • View Profile
Where Fees Go

All fees paid in BTS are accumulated into a fund that is gradually paid out to all delegates over two weeks. When a delegate produces a block they are entitled to a percentage of the fund which is then adjusted by their delegate pay rate. A delegate with 100% pay will receive the full amount, where as a delegate with 0% will burn the full amount they are entitled to. When BTS is burned this is similar to returning the value to the shareholders. We can therefore summarize it as all BTS fees are paid to delegates or returned to shareholders.

Maybe I have missed something here. Are the bold words still in effect? In my memory the delegates are paid with the inflated BTS, rather than the collected fees.

Offline mdj

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mdj

Offline Rune

• View Profile
AKA why the price of BTS is going to the moon!

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist

Offline bytemaster

« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 10:26:47 pm by cass »
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.