Author Topic: BitReserve looking to steal the rest of our BitAssets  (Read 15215 times)

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile
Because our marketing was shit under brian. Why do people keep asking?

Next time email the author instead of posting here.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Brian is gone.

I would say the actual reason is more that we aren't paying anyone new to handle marketing & media.

I've commented on the article but I think it's relevant to question and highlight this issue here too so that it can start to be addressed.

We have Adam who is managing marketing and message and coordinated existing marketing efforts. This will take a few weeks to get up to speed.

We don't have a PR or press person, though. We should come up with some standard pitches for people to be able to reach out on their own.

I don't really see/notice Adam much yet.

Standard pitches are a good idea but I think we definitely need a professional, salaried PR/Media person who builds up & keeps good media relationships within & outside crypto.

Hpenvy was great at making contacts but he's been less inclined as he's not incentivised.
Method/Matt would be good too but as far as I know they're both working for practically free and their delegate income is almost exclusively a budget rather than a salary.

I've outlined who I'd personally vote for here, that kind of mix would make the marketing a lot better imo https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=12730.msg167586#msg167586

« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 03:55:27 am by Empirical1.1 »

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai

Brian is gone.

I would say the actual reason is more that we aren't paying anyone new to handle marketing & media.

I've commented on the article but I think it's relevant to question and highlight this issue here too so that it can start to be addressed.

We have Adam who is managing marketing and message and coordinated existing marketing efforts. This will take a few weeks to get up to speed.

We don't have a PR or press person, though. We should come up with some standard pitches for people to be able to reach out on their own.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile

Brian is gone.

« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 03:26:44 am by Empirical1.1 »

sumantso

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline onceuponatime

Bitreserve Lawsuit Rumor Untrue

http://cointelegraph.com/news/113251/bitreserve-lawsuit-rumor-untrue

How does BitShares always get left out the articles...

That is becoming a serious concern
. You would think that "mike lorrey
New Hampshire resident. Libertarian/Republican. Entrepreneur" would at least add us as a "fourth" in "Of all three of these projects trying to use the term bitgold"

sumantso

I never thought they were facing lawsuit, just that they couldn't trademark it.

Good thing, it leaves BitGOLD free to be used. There was some worry that trademarking BitAssets would affect the companies using them.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
I think we need a pool of funds anyway so I suggested we could have 100% delegates who build up balances of BitGold and so increase the cap in the process.

I am against delegates to fund it. I am tired of all the enforced dilution borne out of greed in which I have no say (seeing as my holdings are puny and my vote means nothing).

If they want, the whales can pool their funds and do it.

+5%
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

sumantso

I think we need a pool of funds anyway so I suggested we could have 100% delegates who build up balances of BitGold and so increase the cap in the process.

I am against delegates to fund it. I am tired of all the enforced dilution borne out of greed in which I have no say (seeing as my holdings are puny and my vote means nothing).

If they want, the whales can pool their funds and do it.

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile
I see that BitGOLD is now 30th on asset list of CMC with a cap of $11.5k. Once this BitGOLD gains traction and becomes known we don't have to worry, I think they can't then trademark it either.

Yes I've been advocating improving this. I think we need a pool of funds anyway so I suggested we could have 100% delegates who build up balances of BitGold and so increase the cap in the process.

It would also add daily liquidity at a small loss to kickstart their use which is needed as well.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

sumantso

I see that BitGOLD is now 30th on asset list of CMC with a cap of $11.5k. Once this BitGOLD gains traction and becomes known we don't have to worry, I think they can't then trademark it either.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc