Author Topic: Import PTS wallet from a year ago  (Read 13883 times)

Offline arubi

• View Profile
But he has protoshares from the first snapshot, that means he should have his bitshares balance.

chryspano

Hi

My goal is to get the BTS (from the merger of the projects DNS/VOTE that I was really interested in) I am entitled to having PTS in my wallet during the time of the snapshot.
My wallet address was PciTVvFQT52mzpmhXWd2mjh27dtmURTejJ. I had over 500 PTS at that time.
How can I get the balance to be correct in BTS?

Thanks!

afaik we can't do that yet, we must wait for the next release/version of bitshares. You can try
Code: [Select]
wallet_check_sharedrop to check your sharedrop from what is already imported in your bitshares wallet. In any case keep some backups of your bts wallet in a safe place.

Offline arubi

• View Profile
Yep. I can see your address on the genesis.json file.
Can you describe the steps you took to import your protoshares wallet.dat file?

Take a look at:
http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/BitShares/Howto#Attempting_a_wallet_import_to_receive_BTSX_from_February_28th_snapshot

See if you're doing it as described.
(Wallet type should be Bitcoin, even though its PTS)

Offline Bitty

• View Profile
Hi

My goal is to get the BTS (from the merger of the projects DNS/VOTE that I was really interested in) I am entitled to having PTS in my wallet during the time of the snapshot.
My wallet address was PciTVvFQT52mzpmhXWd2mjh27dtmURTejJ. I had over 500 PTS at that time.
How can I get the balance to be correct in BTS?

Thanks!

Offline arubi

• View Profile
Importing the wallet.dat file into the Bitshares client will do it, but before we do that, can you provide a public address that exists in your protoshares wallet, that also holds a balance as of before the PTS-AGS snapshot?
We can easily look at the genesis block and find it, plus it's allocated balance if it exists.

Offline hazard

• View Profile
I bought some protoshares early February in 2014. I have the wallet.dat file from then.

I had PTS at the time of the snapshot and am looking for a PTS-BTS snapshot balance.

How would I go about doing that?

Offline arubi

• View Profile
Instead of what you're trying to do, can you tell us what you're trying to accomplish? (XYproblem)

Are you trying to get your PTS-AGS balance into an account in Bitshares, or did you actually have PTS at the time of the snapshot and are you looking for a PTS-BTS snapshot balance?

Offline Bitty

• View Profile
Update:

0.4.27.2 running, wallet fully synched, no error messages while importing PTS wallet key (message : import successful).
The balance keeps showing 0.5 bts after successful registering???
The wallet path was correct because I was able to import the same file yesterday in the new DPOS PTS client.

What might be the problem?

Thanks!

Offline Bitty

• View Profile
Seems like I did not have the latest update yet. I still had 0.4.24.2.
Why did the tab 'check for updates' in the client gave me the message that no updates were available?
The blockchain is reindexing as I am speaking.
I will keep you guys updated if updating solved the problem.

Thanks

chryspano

did you use the latest version of bitshares(0.4.27.2)? was your bitshares wallet fully synched? did you successfully imported your wallet?(any error messages?) was your protoshares wallet encrypted in a safe pc?

Offline Bitty

• View Profile
I am in the same situation.
Help is kindly appreciated!

Offline hazard

• View Profile
I tried importing my protoshares wallet from before the february cut off, but my BTS balance still shows 0.

Any ideas? What should I try next?