Author Topic: Is there a new working faucet?  (Read 2404 times)

Offline gamey

• View Profile
I created a new clean wallet (renamed wallet directory) then created my account and went through the proof-of-person test.  From there I had my account registered so I was able to login to my bitshares SMF test site. I made the test site where one has to sign-up with Bitshares to be able to post anything.  So... thats a pretty cool little stringing together of stuff that results in a quality anti-spambot measure.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 04:10:44 am by gamey »
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline nz

• View Profile
The faucet pays for your registration

Thats such a good idea.  +5%
"There is no subtler, no surer means of overturning the existing basis of society than to debauch the currency. The process engages all the hidden forces of economic law on the side of destruction, and does it in a manner which not one man in a million is able to diagnose"

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile
This is awesome.  +5%

+5% This is great! Setting up a first account was a hurdle, very happy about this :)

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
That's all right. The faucet pays for your registration and the faucet cannot authorize your subaccount since it doesn't have your primary account private key.

1.but why could I not register it directly from my wallet?
2.And why when registering a new account the wallet use the faucet funds even if I have many accounts with BTS balances?

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
It is built in to client now if you have 0 balance.

I had a balance and I couldn't manage to register a subaccount without using the faucet !
And when I used the faucet this error message appeared:
We were unable to register account 'test.liondani' - { "message": "unauthorized child account (20039)\nParent account must authorize registration of this child account!\n\n\n\n", "detail": "20039 unauthorized_child_account: unauthorized child account\nParent account must authorize registration of this child account!\n {\"child_account\":\"test.liondani\"}\n th_a wallet.cpp:3003 register_account\n\n {\"account_to_register\":\"test.liondani\",\"public_data\":null,\"pay_with_account_name\":\"faucet.bitshares.org\",\"delegate_pay_rate\":255}\n th_a wallet.cpp:3035 register_account\n\n {\"account_name\":\"test.liondani\",\"data\":null}\n th_a wallet_api.cpp:1068 wallet_account_register\n\n {}\n th_a common_api_client.cpp:4311 wallet_account_register", "code": 20039 }

And trying to register a new account (not a sub-account) it went successful but only via the faucet interface and it appeared that no funds are taken from my account (I had a balance there ) that I have choose to pay the registration fee...

That's all right. The faucet pays for your registration and the faucet cannot authorize your subaccount since it doesn't have your primary account private key.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

I had a balance and I couldn't manage to register a subaccount without using the faucet !
And when I used the faucet this error message appeared:
We were unable to register account 'test.liondani' - { "message": "unauthorized child account (20039)\nParent account must authorize registration of this child account!\n\n\n\n", "detail": "20039 unauthorized_child_account: unauthorized child account\nParent account must authorize registration of this child account!\n {\"child_account\":\"test.liondani\"}\n th_a wallet.cpp:3003 register_account\n\n {\"account_to_register\":\"test.liondani\",\"public_data\":null,\"pay_with_account_name\":\"faucet.bitshares.org\",\"delegate_pay_rate\":255}\n th_a wallet.cpp:3035 register_account\n\n {\"account_name\":\"test.liondani\",\"data\":null}\n th_a wallet_api.cpp:1068 wallet_account_register\n\n {}\n th_a common_api_client.cpp:4311 wallet_account_register", "code": 20039 }

And trying to register a new account (not a sub-account) it went successful but only via the faucet interface and it appeared that no funds are taken from my account (I had a balance there ) that I have choose to pay the registration fee...  (linux gui)

Offline nz

• View Profile
I thought I caught wind of one, but have not noticed anything in the forums.

I dont mean to sound ignorant, but what is this new feature?
"There is no subtler, no surer means of overturning the existing basis of society than to debauch the currency. The process engages all the hidden forces of economic law on the side of destruction, and does it in a manner which not one man in a million is able to diagnose"

Offline Rune

• View Profile

In the current client?

Should be in since 27.2

Offline bitmarket

• View Profile
    • BitShares TV

In the current client?
Host of BitShares.TV and Author of BitShares 101

Offline gamey

• View Profile
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline bitmarket

• View Profile
    • BitShares TV
I thought I caught wind of one, but have not noticed anything in the forums.
Host of BitShares.TV and Author of BitShares 101