Author Topic: Beyond Bitcoin's New Year's Gift [Poll Added]  (Read 4137 times)

Offline matt608

• View Profile
BM said theres 67million BTS held which can be used for legal stuff, do we need more? 

I'm currently neutral on this and will need convincing that we need more legal funds before voting for this.

Offline Thom

The first vote I cast when after warming my cold storage will be for this my friend, full support for all you do!
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Supporting this .. updating my slate when back home in a few days ... +5%

Offline CryptoPrometheus

• View Profile
This is a great Idea and I for one would fully trust fuzzy to handle these funds until multisig is figured out. Lets do it!

BTW, really good speech. 
I was totally thinking about that scene from the movie"Independence Day" while reading it  :D
"Power and law are not synonymous. In fact, they are often in opposition and irreconcilable."
- Cicero

Offline RenaudGagne

• View Profile
Amen brother friend. I will follow delegate hangout and vote for the best.

Offline onceuponatime

You've got my vote and other support, Fuzz.

Offline lovejoy

• View Profile
    • Cryptofresh
  • BitShares: lovejoy
Amen Fuzzy... We're all in this together!
I take courage in the wonderful community assembled here.
Happy New Year!

Offline fuzzy

Today is the 4th Anniversary of the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) being signed into the U.S.A’s history books, whereby the Federal Government illegitimately gave itself the authority to deny Possee Comitatus and Habeas Corpus to all people world-wide.  Yes, it is now possible that the United States Government and Allies can indefinitely detain any person suspected of aiding “terrorism” –without a trial or charge.   The list of crimes against humanity continues to grow as we all watch the world changing around us. 

We in the bitshares community, however, can transcend nationality and violent monopolies on power.  Though the world is becoming a smaller place, and the Enemies of Freedom and Liberty persist, collaborating across the globe to strengthen their monopolies of force over others through control of the money supply, markets, and information…we too shall persist.  And Grow.

Why?  Because across the crypto-sphere and especially here, in this little community, grows the beginnings of an infrastructure that will never need to resort to force.  Here in this community are the builders of a tomorrow where those who will take the love and light from others’ lives will have no place but that which they create for themselves.  In so doing they will outcast themselves—to exist alone in their own hatred and fear.   

It is entirely possible and, in time, even probable for us to bring this to pass.  But it will not be easy.  Some of us will be threatened.  Others attacked.  Some may even be stabbed in the back by those closest to them simply to secure a perceived advantage in position. 

We will have our own trials.  We will struggle, falter, and sometimes be afraid.  We will often disagree on paths and will even sometimes be so divided that new chains and communities will emerge.   It will not always be pretty.  But it will be real.

So in light of all of this, I would like to tip my hat to all of you.  To both those who have been here from the beginning and those who barely know what DPOS is, I wish you all a Happy New Year and, more than anything, the Freedom, Liberty and Voice you all deserve.  Thank you for tossing your hat in the ring. 

For my efforts and the efforts of Beyond Bitcoin's workers over the past year within Beyond Bitoin’s BTS division, I have been paid  100,000 BTS.  These shares will all go toward paying for the setup and registration of a Legal Delegate which I request receive a 100% paid slot indefinitely or until such a time as the words “terrorism”, “detainment”, “piracy” and “imprisonment” are stricken from our legal lexicon.   

It is my hope that we will be able to someday use our stake-votes as a multisig that enables us to unlock pooled (saved) funds that are held specifically for the protection of our community’s builders, marketers, evangelists and other supporters.  Though we are sovereign, our own empowerment is closely tied to the empowerment of others. For this reason, it is my hope that this delegate will also be available to aid those in the crypto-sphere who need aid but are not part of the bitshares community. 

If you are living in a jurisdiction that is highly crypto-friendly, and would like to be the volunteer to run it, please state so in a pm, or post below.  In this post, include:

-Jurisdiction:
-Do you Prefer to be Anonymous?
-Why your Jurisdiction is best:
-Why you would like to run this delegate:
-How you would ensure the community controls these funds:
-How long you have been a Member of this Community:
-Previous Community Contributions:
-Anything else you think is of value:

We will then let the community vote on who will be entrusted with this position. 
I would then like to coordinate a delegate hangout for this individual and hold future hangouts during times when funds are required/requested so the community can have their voices become an integral part of the process.

P.S. Thank you to all of you who have given this crazy Oath Keeper hope in a world that sometimes seems infuriatingly evil.  This is the only way I know how to repay you.  You know who you are.  Here is to the New Year… and to a world with more Freedom and Prosperity for all. 
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 08:28:24 pm by fuzzy »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D