Author Topic: New Management of BitShares.org and Social Media  (Read 4094 times)

Offline Rune

• View Profile
Is this where and when VOTE/FMV begin to slip away into the night as the FMV guy takes over marketing and the VOTE aspects of the DAC never becomes what it was hyped to be which resulted in a massive share dilution?

Is this guy getting paid beyond the 7% of AGS he already received with FMV and the diluted shares? Seems his unearned stake should be plenty of incentive to work for free now.

Hyping the voting functionality of our blockchain won't make sense until our ecosystem has some sort of network effect, but that doesn't mean it isn't a big deal. Provably secure online voting is huge, and perhaps the biggest thing blockchain tech can bring to ordinary people in the medium term. It was probably a strategic error to pursue voting this early, but having it ready for when we reach bitcoin levels is an advantage. The real problem is of course the fact that Adam was basically forced on stakeholders, not even through AGS funds but through centrally managed inflation.

The question is, do we trust BM's judgement call that Adam is actually worth the millions of dollars we're paying for him? Despite our disappointment in Brian, I'm still optimistic. It will be relatively easy for us to get an early read of his value based on what he makes of bitshares.org . Remember that his sharedropped stake is vested - if it turns out to be another disaster then there are means of firing him through a stakevote the same way it's done with delegates.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
@Adam: Are you open to working with the nullstreet gang? Also, have you seen http://www.aboutbts.com/? This was the Chinese community's effort in lieu of the western folks.

I'm very excited about this. It is the right direction for sure.

Adam has already posted on nullstreet and, I believe, has been in direct communication with Methodx. So whatever is done will be cooperative.

Offline James212

• View Profile
Is this where and when VOTE/FMV begin to slip away into the night as the FMV guy takes over marketing and the VOTE aspects of the DAC never becomes what it was hyped to be which resulted in a massive share dilution?

+5%
BTS: theangelwaveproject

Offline bytemaster

Is this guy getting paid beyond the 7% of AGS he already received with FMV and the diluted shares? Seems his unearned stake should be plenty of incentive to work for free now.

He is not being paid any funds nor does he have a paid delegate at this point. 
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline NewMine

• View Profile

Offline fuzzy

@Adam: Are you open to working with the nullstreet gang? Also, have you seen http://www.aboutbts.com/? This was the Chinese community's effort in lieu of the western folks.

aboutbts is an awesome site for sure.
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline Riverhead

Offline nz

• View Profile
We welcome with open arms any input, ideas, or suggestions

Here we go. I was at a friends house and we started talking about tech. He then asked me what I thought about Ethereum, and he also mentioned ripple. He is just an observer of crypto with no stake in anything, but he confirmed that he has heard loads of press about those other projects and none about Bitshares. When discussing why that was, he showed me ethereum.org, and he praised its clarity and speed at telling the visitor what he needs to know about ethereum. At the top of the page it has headers for:

What - clearly explains what ethereum is
Ethereum is a platform and a programming language that makes it possible for any developer to build and publish next-generation distributed applications.
Why - clearly explains why I should care about ethereum
Most of the services you use today have something in common: they are centralized...

We then compared it with bitshares.org, my passive observer friend said that he couldnt tell what on earth Bitshares was. There are no quick links at the top for What and Why. Instead there are links to TV - he doesnt want to watch 30 minute TV episodes, he wants to know what BitShares is in 20 seconds or he is closing the page and going elsewhere.

His comments after reading the content on bitshares.org were:
Avoid the outrageous fees... As Good As Cash
- so why is this any better than Bitcoin?
Any Currency
- other projects give you multiple currencies, why is this better?

Anyway this is the honest feedback that my friend gave me about the site. We need to explain the core appeal of BitShares more succinctly.

I think this is all true. Needs to be clearer.
"There is no subtler, no surer means of overturning the existing basis of society than to debauch the currency. The process engages all the hidden forces of economic law on the side of destruction, and does it in a manner which not one man in a million is able to diagnose"

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont
BTS committee member:jademont

Offline RenaudGagne

• View Profile

Offline RenaudGagne

• View Profile
How about a free copy of Bitshares 101 when people download the software? :-)

I am open to that.
May be a great way to build an email list. (Pop up or capture page after they start downloading the client)

Offline bitmarket

• View Profile
    • BitShares TV
How about a free copy of Bitshares 101 when people download the software? :-)

I am open to that.
Host of BitShares.TV and Author of BitShares 101

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
We welcome with open arms any input, ideas, or suggestions

Here we go. I was at a friends house and we started talking about tech. He then asked me what I thought about Ethereum, and he also mentioned ripple. He is just an observer of crypto with no stake in anything, but he confirmed that he has heard loads of press about those other projects and none about Bitshares. When discussing why that was, he showed me ethereum.org, and he praised its clarity and speed at telling the visitor what he needs to know about ethereum. At the top of the page it has headers for:

What - clearly explains what ethereum is
Ethereum is a platform and a programming language that makes it possible for any developer to build and publish next-generation distributed applications.
Why - clearly explains why I should care about ethereum
Most of the services you use today have something in common: they are centralized...

We then compared it with bitshares.org, my passive observer friend said that he couldnt tell what on earth Bitshares was. There are no quick links at the top for What and Why. Instead there are links to TV - he doesnt want to watch 30 minute TV episodes, he wants to know what BitShares is in 20 seconds or he is closing the page and going elsewhere.

His comments after reading the content on bitshares.org were:
Avoid the outrageous fees... As Good As Cash
- so why is this any better than Bitcoin?
Any Currency
- other projects give you multiple currencies, why is this better?

Anyway this is the honest feedback that my friend gave me about the site. We need to explain the core appeal of BitShares more succinctly.