Author Topic: About Bitshares and the Network Effect - A call to arms.  (Read 5835 times)

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
Are you familiar with MAO?Chairman Mao is a great man in China!!!

Don't discredit Chairman MAO!!!

I am familiar with Chairman Mao, Deng Xiaoping was a great man.  If Mao could live forever he would be no less than Kim Jung Il. 

Dont look at the small idea look at the big idea here, become a delegate in the chinese community spend $2k a month $600 for food/living/rent/mortgage expense and spend the $1400 shouting at the roof tops about bitshares, advertising, building, creating.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 02:34:15 am by eagleeye »

Offline BTS007

• View Profile
 Are you familiar with MAO?Chairman Mao is a great man in China!!!

Don't discredit Chairman MAO!!!
BTS ID:bts007

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
Why are you in a panic over ethereum? I don't even understand what they will offer on march 20 that should cause people to buy the token.

I dont know if anyone other than their circle of programmers knows what is going to be released on March 20 with Ethereum but if they have a web wallet we are done for.

« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 02:22:07 am by eagleeye »

Offline ticklebiscuit

• View Profile
Why are you in a panic over ethereum? I don't even understand what they will offer on march 20 that should cause people to buy the token.

Mist is a good start. A crypto web browser is the ultimate funnel.

Offline Rune

• View Profile

Offline RenaudGagne

• View Profile
I am down to work on a capture page that capture emails and walk people through the steps to get started. (Working the details right now in the background)

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Yeah, it needs editing / updating.

Where is the website that had a safe, was a vertically oriented slider? I thought that was pretty nice. Could've sworn that was bitshares.org that cass worked to hard to complete. I go there now and it's all different. Perhaps someone from the nullstreet gang could enlighten us here?

Frankly the bitshares page format / template is OK, just that the info needs to be freshened up. The site I'm thinking of also had the linux client on the download page, and if I'm not mistaken (I probably am) also had the ZeeMaps (location of BitShares forum members).

Not sure what's going on with these info sites, but if I don't know and I'm here all the time how the hell will the outside world know where the best source of info is?

I asked the cass to swap merchant page in to the front page just because it at least says some useful information. In any case it's temporary because cass is making a new version without brian's "help"
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline Thom

Yeah, it needs editing / updating.

Where is the website that had a safe, was a vertically oriented slider? I thought that was pretty nice. Could've sworn that was bitshares.org that cass worked to hard to complete. I go there now and it's all different. Perhaps someone from the nullstreet gang could enlighten us here?

Frankly the bitshares page format / template is OK, just that the info needs to be freshened up. The site I'm thinking of also had the linux client on the download page, and if I'm not mistaken (I probably am) also had the ZeeMaps (location of BitShares forum members).

Not sure what's going on with these info sites, but if I don't know and I'm here all the time how the hell will the outside world know where the best source of info is?
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline matador123

• View Profile
We urgently need to fix bitshares.org to be able to even start this

this needs to be our number one short-term priority. I don't even feel comfortable sending people to the official site..

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
We urgently need to fix bitshares.org to be able to even start this
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
We have a user base (roughly 30,000 to 60,000 users based on bitsharesblocks data, 30k in the qt and 30k on bter/btc38/etc dont quote me on this and dont go to much into detail about this part its the useless part)

The part that matter is this (A call to arms):

Our network effect is not growing rapidly it user accounts are about 300 - 600 a month on the qt.  We need the network effect to expand, we need a general advertising campaign BARING the fact that we do not have a blockchain.info type site.  We need the snowball effect to occur.  Once this happens we will be able to spearhead Ethereum, because frankly, our network effect may be thwarted if we do not act and act quickly.

I understand that 1.0.0 is coming out in Feb 2015 but means only 1 month before Ethereum is planning to come out.  How do we gain traction if we have only 1 month before our biggest and our Goliath competitor comes out.

We need traction now!  As Chairman Mao (a bad person) once said "Let a hundred flowers blossom" we need 100 paid delegates and now.  It doesnt matter if they are not so skilled or so good we have the power to vote them out if they are not good.  But we need 100 paid 100% delegates who are screaming at the roof tops "Hey over there come join the revolution, we are going to have all the money in the world, come over here!"

Somewhat agreed.  We now have plenty of
bitshares.tv episodes
Bytemasters blog posts
bitcoin101 book, and
other items we can direct people too. 

It is time to start spending some dollars on traffic.  True, that without a web wallet or on/off ramp it will not be a great bang for buck, but urgency is a reality.  Of course spending a bunch of bts on clicks means a lot of bts getting liquidated and driving the price down.

Its not the best and to be honest our money is probably not being spent in absolute best ways right now anyways, we have to take that chance because there is truly a sense of urgency.

Offline bitmarket

• View Profile
    • BitShares TV
We have a user base (roughly 30,000 to 60,000 users based on bitsharesblocks data, 30k in the qt and 30k on bter/btc38/etc dont quote me on this and dont go to much into detail about this part its the useless part)

Our network effect is not growing rapidly it user accounts are about 300 - 600 a month on the qt.  We need the network effect to expand, we need a general advertising campaign BARING the fact that we do not have a blockchain.info type site.  We need the snowball effect to occur.  Once this happens we will be able to spearhead Ethereum, because frankly, our network effect may be thwarted if we do not act and act quickly.

I understand that 1.0.0 is coming out in Feb 2015 but means only 1 month before Ethereum is planning to come out.  How do we gain traction if we have only 1 month before our biggest and our Goliath competitor comes out.

We need traction now!  As Chairman Mao (a bad person) once said "Let a hundred flowers blossom" we need 100 paid delegates and now.  It doesnt matter if they are not so skilled or so good we have the power to vote them out if they are not good.  But we need 100 paid 100% delegates who are screaming at the roof tops "Hey over there come join the revolution, we are going to have all the money in the world, come over here!"

Somewhat agreed.  We now have plenty of
bitshares.tv episodes
Bytemasters blog posts
bitcoin101 book, and
other items we can direct people too. 

It is time to start spending some dollars on traffic.  True, that without a web wallet or on/off ramp it will not be a great bang for buck, but urgency is a reality.  Of course spending a bunch of bts on clicks means a lot of bts getting liquidated and driving the price down.
Host of BitShares.TV and Author of BitShares 101

Offline vlight

• View Profile
  • BitShares: vlight
Ripple and Ethereum look serious. imo, there needs to be market pegged assets for the direct competition cryptos. bitBTC market cap is still very small though.

Offline merlin0113

• View Profile
Weird, I sensed you are a big fan of Mao. LOL.

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
We have a user base (roughly 30,000 to 60,000 accounts based on bitsharesblocks data, 30k in the qt and 30k on bter/btc38/etc dont quote me on this and dont go to much into detail about this part its the useless part)

We need traction now!  As a person once said "Let a hundred flowers blossom" we need 100 paid delegates and now.  It doesnt matter if they are not so skilled or so good we have the power to vote them out if they are not good.  But we need 100 paid 100% delegates who are screaming at the roof tops "Hey over there come join the revolution, we are going to have all the money in the world, come over here!"
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 04:43:04 am by eagleeye »