Author Topic: Team Bitscape - media & development  (Read 20515 times)

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
June Delegate Update

Greetings friends,

Happy July!  Here is a brief update from Team Bitscape.

We are currently in the process of editing the footage we collected from interviews conducted with community members and core developers during our P2P tour this past Spring, to be released as 2-3 minute clips and eventually sewn up into a more comprehensive mini-doc.

We are running behind schedule on our goal for a mid-June release of the first video clip.  It has been more of a challenge than we anticipated to compose such a volume of footage into coherent bite-sized segments, along with audio, titles, and other post production tasks.  That said, we are nearing the beginning of the beginning.  Once the content starts flowing we will have created the environment to keep moving steadily forward with future productions.  Stay tuned!  We are burning the midnight oil and no one is more eager than we are to show the fruits of our labor.

We recently created a brochure for use at meetups and local events. It’s open-source and on github for easy printing, sharing, modification, and translation. Next step will be to create one for BitShares 2.0. Discussion thread: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,16692.0.html

Also in the works: exploring printable vouchers/coupons/invites. There’s an undocumented “referral code” feature in Valentine’s faucet that we were able to resurrect and test. However, it needs more work and at this point it’s unclear exactly how faucets will be implemented in the new wallets.  What is clear is that the referral program opens unlimited opportunities for specialized funnels and user onramps; to this end, we are mapping out the possibilities (to be the subject of a future post) and keeping in touch with the devs. We want to contribute to the tools that (a) help marketers reach their full potential and (b) expand our network.

We’re excited for BitShares 2.0 and glad to be a part of future history. ;)

- roadscape & bitscape

I'm really looking forward to your clips!  Keep at it guys, sounds like the end is in sight and you'll have made something really special for Bitshares!!

Offline roadscape

June Delegate Update

Greetings friends,

Happy July!  Here is a brief update from Team Bitscape.

We are currently in the process of editing the footage we collected from interviews conducted with community members and core developers during our P2P tour this past Spring, to be released as 2-3 minute clips and eventually sewn up into a more comprehensive mini-doc.

We are running behind schedule on our goal for a mid-June release of the first video clip.  It has been more of a challenge than we anticipated to compose such a volume of footage into coherent bite-sized segments, along with audio, titles, and other post production tasks.  That said, we are nearing the beginning of the beginning.  Once the content starts flowing we will have created the environment to keep moving steadily forward with future productions.  Stay tuned!  We are burning the midnight oil and no one is more eager than we are to show the fruits of our labor.

We recently created a brochure for use at meetups and local events. It’s open-source and on github for easy printing, sharing, modification, and translation. Next step will be to create one for BitShares 2.0. Discussion thread: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,16692.0.html

Also in the works: exploring printable vouchers/coupons/invites. There’s an undocumented “referral code” feature in Valentine’s faucet that we were able to resurrect and test. However, it needs more work and at this point it’s unclear exactly how faucets will be implemented in the new wallets.  What is clear is that the referral program opens unlimited opportunities for specialized funnels and user onramps; to this end, we are mapping out the possibilities (to be the subject of a future post) and keeping in touch with the devs. We want to contribute to the tools that (a) help marketers reach their full potential and (b) expand our network.

We’re excited for BitShares 2.0 and glad to be a part of future history. ;)

- roadscape & bitscape
http://cryptofresh.com  |  witness: roadscape

Offline roadscape

Sorry tonyk, I didn't realize that's what you were asking!
I'll bump this thread more often :)

Here is our last newsletter update:

BitShares Community Newsletter - Volume 0.4
Upon returning to Minnesota from three weeks on our BitShares P2P tour we had a lot to
digest and plenty to take care of back home. The remainder of April was largely spent
catching up with outside work and family obligations while recuperating from the P2P tour
road trip. During this time, roadscape was obliged to travel abroad for work, and bitscape
was busy making sure he had enough work to keep the dream alive.

To handle the massive amounts of footage captured on the P2P tour it was necessary for us
to acquire some more robust editing equipment. Until we can afford to purchase our own,
we are renting what we need for the friendly price of $100/month. The editing rig is now set
up and we’re just getting into this treasure trove of footage. You can expect the first nuggets
of video to begin emerging in mid June.

Cryptofresh.com saw the addition of two more translations of BitShares 101 (French and
Greek), bringing the total count to 6 languages.

In collaboration with BitsharesBreakout, a portion of delegate funds continue to be
earmarked towards the creation of a new series of infographics by Arlene Birt.
Arlene recently released the first series of graphics, and they’ve already been translated to
Mandarin! You can see the results here!

As a community, as an idea whose time has come, we continue to adapt and co-create at the
frontiers of innovation itself. Startups which leverage the power of BitShares are lining up
in the wings to make history with the most game changing technology in generations. The
development we’re seeing across the BitShares ecosystem is truly awe inspiring.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

Anything new with this pair of delegates after March?

Or as long as you are elected any reports are considered below you?

All our reports go in the monthly Nullstreet Journal :]

I see. copy/past here is too much to ask... and somebody might ask questions here...
I see your point - totally not worth the effort.
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline roadscape

All our reports go in the monthly Nullstreet Journal :]

Are you on skype tonyk? PM me your acct

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline roadscape

Would you be willing to fund approx. 50$ for a papersharedrop that I want to do in munich beginning of may?
I plan to hand out 45 paperwallets preloaded with $1.50 with a link to elmato's mobile wallet and another link to the bitshares 101 book at cryptofresh ..

http://www.meetup.com/BitShares-Munich/events/221862450/

Sure thing xeroc! Sent. :)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Would you be willing to fund approx. 50$ for a papersharedrop that I want to do in munich beginning of may?
I plan to hand out 45 paperwallets preloaded with $1.50 with a link to elmato's mobile wallet and another link to the bitshares 101 book at cryptofresh ..

http://www.meetup.com/BitShares-Munich/events/221862450/

Offline lovejoy

• View Profile
    • Cryptofresh
  • BitShares: lovejoy
Yes, thanks to Roadscape's tireless efforts on this project, Cryptofresh is open source.
The code is here: https://github.com/roadscape/cryptofresh

We'll be continuing to further develop the site as time allows.
Thanks for your support!

Offline btcwagering

Greetings,

I enjoyed your cryptofresh website and I bought a wallpaper to support your efforts and test the POS integration. Very cool.

So how did you create the bitAsset-based store? Have you open-sourced any part of this? I think that is something the community needs, as much or more than any marketing efforts.

Offline roadscape

How far is the video production? Also since this is the core quality you advertised your delegate proposal with.

Hey delulo.  We’re working on a few things right now, including video production.
We are advancing on three fronts: grassroots outreach, software, and video / media.

We are also paying close attention to the shifting desires of the community, and attempting to work on what is most valuable with the precious time and resources we have at our disposal.

Keep in mind our second delegate was voted in only a week ago, and our delegate pay has just now nearly covered the registration fees.  We submitted a video funding proposal a week ago and are waiting to hear back. At the same time, we’re not letting this hold up production but instead focusing our efforts on some demo material which we hope will make more tangible our efforts.

Bitscape has also been spending time coordinating with a brilliant infographics artist and storyteller, Arlene Birt.  We’ve hammered out some of the details, and we expect to move forward with her this week. 

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
How far is the video production? Also since this is the core quality you advertised your delegate proposal with.

Offline lovejoy

• View Profile
    • Cryptofresh
Greetings Friends,

Thanks to all your support our first delegate is in!

We've now officially launched provisional.bitscape as our second 100% paid delegate.

Please act now to approve provisional.bitscape so we can continue our momentum!

We will direct funds as disclosed in our Financial Plan, with utmost transparency.

Highlights of our work so far:

cryptofresh.com is officially open for business, becoming the first store to accept a full spread of BitAssets!
T-Shirt Sales are now live!
→ We are beginning work with a whole range of makers to offer a wide range of products available for sale in BitAssets while building a community which is invested in the propagation and success of BitShares.
Our referral program is also live!  Sales from cryptofresh support the community!

Check out our official cryptofresh announcement for details.   

→ Local outreach and adoption efforts in our own diverse community continues! Twin Cities BitShares Meetup
Meetup.com is just the tip of the iceberg.  We are forming alliances with many local groups able to spread the message of BitShares far and wide, but they need our support.

We are now turning our attention towards priming the system at our media creation laboratory.
By approving our second delegate, you can help us fire up production at bitscape.io!

Now is the time to take action, and approve provisional.bitscape, our booster rocket for BTS victory!

“What you seek is seeking you.”
― Rumi
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 06:49:51 am by bitscape »

Offline matt608

• View Profile

Offline lovejoy

• View Profile
    • Cryptofresh
Block # 1518811  :D   Thank you all for believing in us!  More to follow!

Offline lovejoy

• View Profile
    • Cryptofresh
Thanks donkeypong...! We are dying to show you, and the whole community, the true extent of what we have to offer. :)

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
I will vote for you guys. Let's see what you can do!

Offline onceuponatime

Wow! media.bitscape is in position 103

I am getting excited!

Offline abelljefrry

Thanks for the clear visualisation of your financial plan!  +5%
A great example for other future delegates to learn.

Voted. Wish you guys all the best. :)
Need a designer for your project? Hire me! I accept BTS as payment :)

View my BitShares design portfolio here : bit.ly/BitSharesPortfolio

Offline roadscape

Offline roadscape

This is a visual aid for our financial plan:

Both of the charts show the USD value of delegates’ income at various Pay Rates & BTS Price points.
(And in light blue, what the market cap would be, with occasional benchmarks.)

They also show how small we are in the crypto universe, And how big we could be!

This contingency plan demonstrates that we are effectively lowering our pay rate as BTS grows in value.
It demonstrates that we have a solid plan, and our 2nd delegate “booster rocket” will get us there in half the time.

And once we reach the size of Bitcoin, we may effectively be a single delegate at 10%.  :)

We feel that all delegates should state their long-range financial intentions up front to prevent misunderstandings in the future.

Questions welcome! Bring it on!

sumantso

These guys seem to have some real hustle going for them.

I would really like to see them be elected soon (like yesterday).

Remember, it is going to take them a few weeks to accumulate even a small advertising budget.

Let it begin!

They are lagging quite a lot in votes.

Offline onceuponatime

These guys seem to have some real hustle going for them.

I would really like to see them be elected soon (like yesterday).

Remember, it is going to take them a few weeks to accumulate even a small advertising budget.

Let it begin!

Offline roadscape

Any ETA on the T-shirts? I would like to see your sales go up (I will be buying).

The printer said we'd have our shirts by the 20th, possibly earlier. We'll have them photographed and up for sale shortly thereafter. You can be sure we'll post an official announcement when they go live :)

Offline lovejoy

• View Profile
    • Cryptofresh
You guys seem really cool. There's no question that you are way better than an Init drone delegate. And I'd like your business to succeed. I'm just not sure why the store couldn't create the cash flow you need. I know it takes time to establish a profitable business, but the same would be true of a delegate.

Thanks for the tough love Donkeypong.  ;) I hope to win you over.

Right now all you can really see in action is the store at  cryptofresh.com, and while this already represents a milestone in BTS history, I can understand your skepticism, where’s the rest?  It’s on the way.

You only mention the store in your question, but we are steadily advancing on three fronts, and additional fronts may be opened, as resources become available.  We are nothing if not versatile.

We are two people with access to talented creators of all kinds.  We also have to juggle outside work until such time as the community sees fit to bring us on, and allow us to throw our full weight behind BitShares.

We recognize this is a marathon, not a sprint.  We will return more value to this ecosystem than we consume, and I’m confident that will become apparent in time.

The store itself is potentially capable of growing into a profitable enterprise, it’s true.  We are working to make that a reality, and should we succeed, we will invest it back into the BitShares community.

Like mycelium which spreads far and wide through the earth, creating nodes and building energy, we have yet to reveal much of the ‘fruiting bodies’ which will come forth with the rain.  The community taking action to vote in our first 100% delegate at this moment in history, will be like a light and welcoming rain.

Offline onceuponatime

You guys seem really cool. There's no question that you are way better than an Init drone delegate. And I'd like your business to succeed. I'm just not sure why the store couldn't create the cash flow you need. I know it takes time to establish a profitable business, but the same would be true of a delegate.

Great question!

We developed the store from scratch in a market we know will not be profitable for some time.

Our proceeds thus far are $3.17.. how are we going to cover our investment, much less the projects we are going to tackle?
(Face it, not many people are willing to spend their BTS when we all know the potential...)

Yet, the store was priceless at our last meetup when it came to demonstrating the benefits of using BitAssets for ecommerce. I can't stress this enough. It's an extremely powerful marketing tool in itself.

And that's our ulterior motive. To grow BTS, to share it with our community, to produce videos, and ultimately spread the message as far as we can.

We are both invested in BTS and nothing else.

We have already devoted our time, our lives, and public identities to this community.

We need your support to continue.

Any ETA on the T-shirts? I would like to see your sales go up (I will be buying).

Offline roadscape

Great question!

We developed the store from scratch in a market we know will not be profitable for some time.

Our proceeds thus far are $3.17.. how are we going to cover our investment, much less the projects we are going to tackle?
(Face it, not many people are willing to spend their BTS when we all know the potential...)

Yet, the store was priceless at our last meetup when it came to demonstrating the benefits of using BitAssets for ecommerce. I can't stress this enough. It's an extremely powerful marketing tool in itself.

And that's our ulterior motive. To grow BTS, to share it with our community, to produce videos, and ultimately spread the message as far as we can.

We are both invested in BTS and nothing else.

We have already devoted our time, our lives, and public identities to this community.

We need your support to continue.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

Offline callmeluc

• View Profile
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 02:10:19 pm by callmeluc »
BTS_自扯自淡

Offline callmeluc

• View Profile
500 BTS bounty for translating the following post to Mandarin and sharing it on the Chinese subforum!

TL;DR - Summary

We are a two person delegate team consisting of: bitscape & roadscape
Passionate and resourceful advocates of BitShares with the capacity to deliver!

We have registered media.bitscape as a 100% paid delegate.  Vote Now

We will direct funds as disclosed in our Financial Plan, with utmost transparency.

Highlights include
→ Launching the first ever online store to accept BitUSD!  The best is yet to come.
cryptofresh.com

→ Launching a public domain BitShares media creation laboratory.  Help us fire up production!
bitscape.io

→ Accelerating outreach and adoption efforts in our own diverse community, and beyond.
Twin Cities BitShares Meetup

Now is the time to take action, and vote for team media.bitscape

“The future depends on what you do today.”
― Mahatma Gandhi

Translation to Chinese:

结语

我们是一个由两人组成的受托人团队:bitscape和roadscape
两个激情澎湃又足智多谋的比特股拥护者!

我们注册了100%支付率受托人:media.bitscape  现在就投票支持我们

我们的财务计划将直接公开,保证最大的透明度。

重点包括:

→上线首家支持BitUSD支付的在线商店!这只是开始,好戏还在后头。
cryptofresh.com

→上线一个面向公共领域的比特股媒体创作实验室。帮助我们加足马力开始制作吧!
bitscape.io

→加快我们在这个多元化社区中的推广和采用进程,将触角伸向圈外。

现在,是时候行动了,投票支持media.bitscape团队!

“今天所做的一切,都将决定未来。”

― 圣雄甘地

BTS ID:callmeluc
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 02:09:48 pm by callmeluc »
BTS_自扯自淡

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Offline roadscape

Thanks all, we're making steady progress!

I'm asking on behalf of Callmeluc :   Is this bounty just for the words I quoted , or includes the contents in each link it provides ?

Just the quoted words, for now :)

Can you explain how your payment gateway work? Will you release the source code soon?

Thanks! Please check the cryptofresh pre-announcement thread and let us know if you have any questions.
We would definitely like to release the source once it's stable and we get bitscape off the runway.

Offline vegolino

• Reality is Information
    • View Profile

Offline abelljefrry

Goodluck guys!

Can you explain how your payment gateway work? Will you release the source code soon?
Need a designer for your project? Hire me! I accept BTS as payment :)

View my BitShares design portfolio here : bit.ly/BitSharesPortfolio

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
500 BTS bounty for translating the following post to Mandarin and sharing it on the Chinese subforum!

TL;DR - Summary

Highlights include
→ Launching the first ever online store to accept BitUSD!  The best is yet to come.
cryptofresh.com

→ Launching a public domain BitShares media creation laboratory.  Help us fire up production!
bitscape.io

→ Accelerating outreach and adoption efforts in our own diverse community, and beyond.

― Mahatma Gandhi

I'm asking on behalf of Callmeluc :   Is this bounty just for the words I quoted , or includes the contents in each link it provides ?
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline roadscape

TL;DR - Summary

Highlights include
cryptofresh.com

bitscape.io

― Mahatma Gandhi

Offline lovejoy

• View Profile
    • Cryptofresh
Or do you have other businesses in mind? If so, without asking you to spill your secrets, I'd like to have some idea of where else you might go with this. Thanks.

With respect to where else we might go, I might just add that we are poised to take bitscape media in the direction of a fully fledged production company to the whole BTS ecosystem, presuming we can bootstrap the infrastructure to do so. 

We will be releasing some introductory videos in the short term, to make our video efforts tangible, but they will not be representative of what we are capable of in this regard, save for our creative capacity. 

Our current production and editing gear is somewhat limited at the moment.  We have an HD camera but limited means to edit such footage quickly or easily.  We need to invest in some equipment to really get things up to the production quality I’d personally like to see.

Offline roadscape

Intriguing proposal. I agree with Rune. I'd like to see more explanation of this part: "We intend to use delegate income as seed money to create profitable businesses with diverse income streams which can produce more value for the BTS ecosystem than they consume." Is that the store? Or do you have other businesses in mind? If so, without asking you to spill your secrets, I'd like to have some idea of where else you might go with this. Thanks.

We’re taking it three steps at a time:
  • Cryptofresh - selling things
  • Bitscape - creating things
  • Meetup.com - sharing things
With a lot of overlap, of course.

We are working on maturing all three. When we can take the training wheels off one of them, we’ll incubate another. There are so many possibilities within each that we will have no problems keeping our hands full.

As Dan puts it:

“We should expect our delegates to start a business around the work they are doing for BitShares. This way they can earn real income outside the delegate pay they receive. The delegate pay should be viewed as startup capital and not depended upon for long-term sustainability. Delegates that are not thinking about how to free themselves from the need of delegate pay will bring far less value to BitShares than delegates who do.”

There are literally dozens of business models and monetization strategies that can be used. If you are looking to bootstrap your own business in the crypto-currency space there is no better platform to start from than BitShares.”

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline lovejoy

• View Profile
    • Cryptofresh
Oh, it's a store. I didn't realise that from the post. Then it makes a lot more sense.

"Tangible assets for the blockchain age" ;)

I didn't mean to be insulting, sorry, I was just writing the first criticism that came to my mind. If you've seen pics of the bp t-shirts you might understand my reaction...Selling quality t-shirts to community members seems fine, and having a delegate kickstart an online shop is an interesting idea.

These are 100% organic cotton, ring spun, fitted T-Shirts, silkscreened with water based ink, not PVC.  They’re super dope, and they should be ready by Wednesday - Friday of this coming week... We'll have photos up on cryptofresh soon thereafter!  For our initial run we had 100 printed.

With the guaranteed income from the delegate you can afford taking a lot more risks with inventory and potentially offer a very diverse range of products even when the potential customer base is still very low. Having a fully stocked delegate-subsidized bitUSD online store could actually be a pretty big deal for promotion.

Ideally we will not be subsidizing our products. But yes, at this point funds will be used to defray our out-of-pocket expenses. Cryptofresh is intended, in the long run, to be a sustainable business in it’s own right.  Our ultimate goal is to create a handful of small enterprises which will contribute to our overall efforts as delegates.

Currently, a single delegate income would almost begin to pay for our current efforts.

What are your near term plans for what cryptofresh will be offering if you're elected?

There are many possibilities to consider! We will be continuously picking low hanging fruit, and our “idea tree” includes such things as: silkscreened posters, decals, laser cuts/etchings, as well as other community offerings, such as Max Wright’s book, and more.

Essentially, all the swag you need to rally a small army of those who will bear our message into the world and onto the streets.

Let’s build a movement!

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
I love the structure of your financial breakdown, but there needs to be a lot more specific information about what kind of "media campaigns" you're going to do.

Right now it just looks like you're campaigning for a delegate so you can pay yourself a salary for running yet another BTS information website.

Also, T-shirts...? If I were you I'd remove this part completely from your plans. Makes you look as out of touch as brian page.

Intriguing proposal. I agree with Rune. I'd like to see more explanation of this part: "We intend to use delegate income as seed money to create profitable businesses with diverse income streams which can produce more value for the BTS ecosystem than they consume." Is that the store? Or do you have other businesses in mind? If so, without asking you to spill your secrets, I'd like to have some idea of where else you might go with this. Thanks.

Offline Rune

• View Profile
Oh, it's a store. I didn't realise that from the post. Then it makes a lot more sense.

I didn't mean to be insulting, sorry, I was just writing the first criticism that came to my mind. If you've seen pics of the bp t-shirts you might understand my reaction...Selling quality t-shirts to community members seems fine, and having a delegate kickstart an online shop is an interesting idea.

With the guaranteed income from the delegate you can afford taking a lot more risks with inventory and potentially offer a very diverse range of products even when the potential customer base is still very low. Having a fully stocked delegate-subsidized bitUSD online store could actually be a pretty big deal for promotion.

What are your near term plans for what cryptofresh will be offering if you're elected?

Offline lovejoy

• View Profile
    • Cryptofresh
...there needs to be a lot more specific information about what kind of "media campaigns" you're going to do.

Media creation?  The sky is the limit!

We will start with the small potatoes like this: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=12852.msg169122#msg169122 , and build our way up, with your support!

If it's not clear in our proposal, all content we generate is freely available to BitShares TV, and anyone else who might want to use it, like the saavy marketing folks on Null St.  As with Bytemaster’s blog, it is going to be public domain.

We have some great ideas of our own, and are quite open to suggestions from the community.

Offline roadscape

I love the structure of your financial breakdown, but there needs to be a lot more specific information about what kind of "media campaigns" you're going to do.

Right now it just looks like you're campaigning for a delegate so you can pay yourself a salary for running yet another BTS information website.

Also, T-shirts...? If I were you I'd remove this part completely from your plans. Makes you look as out of touch as brian page.

We have a lot to offer, and a "BTS information website" is not in our plans.
The T-shirts are awesome and they have already been ordered.

T-shirts will be needed for meetups and conferences. And to demonstrate our store.
Have you seen other delegates with a business plan?

These will be sold on Cryptofresh, our first "media creation", and the first online store accepting BitUSD.

Have you ever bought anything with BitUSD? Have you ever seen anything like this?

We've slaved over this, spent countless hours and significant money while being paid nothing.

Frankly, to be compared to Brian Page in your first comment on our proposal could be considered quite an insult by some.

We are not remotely big stakeholders. But we are two highly skilled and passionate individuals, here to make a contribution.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 07:44:35 pm by roadscape »

Offline Rune

• View Profile

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Just to get it right! You're proposal 3x100% delegate to accomplish this mission!?

Hey cass! We're aiming for two 100% delegates, one of which is a "booster rocket":

First, we submit to you:
Delegate 1 → media.bitscape 100%
This is to be our long range primary funding vehicle.

Once our primary delegate is voted in we will register the second:
Delegate 2 → provisional.bitscape 100%
A seed funding booster rocket to reach funding goals and execute advanced media production more swiftly; to be jettisoned, or repurposed, when escape velocity is reached. See below.

yup got it :) thx
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline lovejoy

• View Profile
    • Cryptofresh
TL;DR - Summary

Highlights include
cryptofresh.com

bitscape.io

― Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso
Just to get it right! You're proposal 3x100% delegate to accomplish this mission!?

Looks like only 2 to me?

Offline roadscape

Hey cass! We're aiming for two 100% delegates, one of which is a "booster rocket":

First, we submit to you:

A seed funding booster rocket to reach funding goals and execute advanced media production more swiftly; to be jettisoned, or repurposed, when escape velocity is reached. See below.

Offline carpet ride

• View Profile
Great effort - Will vote asap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All opinions are my own. Anything said on this forum does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation between myself and anyone else.
Check out my blog: http://CertainAssets.com
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline gyhy

• View Profile

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 01:12:21 pm by cass »

Offline roadscape

TL;DR - Summary

Highlights include
cryptofresh.com

bitscape.io

― Mahatma Gandhi

----

Whew.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 07:16:52 am by roadscape »

Offline roadscape

Fields of Action
  • cryptofresh.com beta - Promote BitShares, increase bitUSD awareness and help fund our campaigns
    • Your online source for BitShares swag /merchandise
    • Buy BitShares T-Shirts and more with BitUSD!
  • bitscape.io - Informational outpost / grassroots open media repository
    • Home of the media.bitscape delegate team
    • Delegate info - blog - video
  • Twin Cites BitShares Meetup - An platform for outreach, education, awareness, and exploration of BitShares, as well as refinement of in-person adoption efforts.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 07:22:03 am by roadscape »

Offline roadscape

Financial Plan

Preface

We intend to use delegate income as seed money to create profitable businesses with diverse income streams which can produce more value for the BTS ecosystem than they consume.

As you read this plan, we ask you to bear in mind the following points.

• We are two highly skilled individuals committed to building considerable value for the BTS ecosystem.  Including delegate maintenance, media production, grassroots organizing, and more.
  • Our commitment has already been expressed:

• financially through the use of personal funds to:
      • register media.bitscape as delegate
      • print BitShares T-Shirts
      • secure hosting and domain services for two websites and a delegate server.
    • through countless hours:
      • building an online infrastructure (coding & design) to support these endeavors
      • developing a comprehensive strategy
      • organizing locally
      • new merchandise development
      • maintaining an an active delegate for 5.5 months.
    • through making ourselves public, to more readily advocate for BitShares.

We are proposing the following structure and distribution of delegate resources.

First, we submit to you:

Distribution of Delegate Pay

Every two weeks, with the earned BTS:

• We cover operating costs
    • delegate server operation costs and hosting
    • infrastructure, licensing, co-working space, legal and financial consultation, and other business operating costs.
  • with the remainder (if any) we do payroll:
    • bitscape    receives 50% up to $84,000/yr ($7,000/mo)
    • roadscape    receives 50% up to $84,000/yr ($7,000/mo)
          Until we have a surplus beyond this salary, we will sacrifice whatever portion of personal income necessary to achieve our objectives, inclusive of both funds described below.
  • with the remainder (if any) we top off strategic funds:
    • Media Project Fund (initial soft limit of 25,000 BitUSD)
      • Launching media campaigns
      • Local meetups and events
      • Conferences
      • Talent acquisition
      • Contract workers
    • Emergency Fund (initial soft limit of 50,000 BitUSD)
      • Legal fees
      • Cover operating costs in case of technical/infrastructure issues
      • In the future, this fund must be in fiat, off-blockchain.  We will be transparent with these, and all funds from the blockchain.
  • with the remainder (if any):
    • 3% is distributed among payroll as a bonus
    • 97% is burned

---

So far we have created the following two entities to build value and create awareness.  The income potential of these endeavors is as of yet completely unknown.  As we grow we will reevaluate our financial plan should these become a significant source of income.

Cryptofresh
Bitscape Media

---

No part of this document represents a contract or promise, it’s merely our best strategy given the current conditions we are operating within, and represents an honest attempt by us to account for the risks and uncertainty inherent in such a project.  Our word is our bond, and our public reputations are on the line.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 05:55:34 am by roadscape »

Offline lovejoy

• View Profile
    • Cryptofresh
Mission
  • Create a sustainable and blockchain symbiotic business model
  • Promote the ideas and adoption of BitShares through direct interaction with local communities, and the production of compelling digital media
  • Engage in field work to evaluate various grassroots tactics
  • Collaborate with other community members to further develop marketing and educational materials. And to assist others in organizing within their communities.
  • Contribute to the further evolution of the delegate’s role and practices
Strategy

Engage in a coordinated campaign of media creation, outreach and adoption efforts extending far beyond the crypto-sphere to rally support among the multitudes of those who are ideologically aligned with the vision of BitShares.

Tactics
  • Merchandise
    • T-Shirts
    • Other promotional materials.
  • Online Media
    • cryptofresh
    • Memes (& misc viral)
    • Digital media (books/audio/video)
    • Free downloads / Repository
  • Video Production
    • Interviews & Mini-Docs
    • Ads
    • Feature Documentary
  • Events, Publicity, Merchant Outreach, Community Projects
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 05:47:23 am by bitscape »

Offline lovejoy

• View Profile
    • Cryptofresh
Our Vision

It has become increasingly apparent we can no longer remain in the shadows of this grand experiment in peace and liberty. We have been given nothing short of the digital means for global satyagraha, forged on a blockchain, and rooted in the collective power of human imagination, courage, and action.

From this point onward there can be no hesitation. We must be swift and clear in the honoring of such a gift as this, or we may delay the condition of liberty for generations to come.

Through organizing on a local level at a global scale, in tandem with the production of strong digital media, we can be a powerful bridge to diverse communities across the globe.

We believe in the power of storytelling.  With our myriad hearts, minds, hands, and voices, we must avail ourselves of all possible expressions to advance the message of liberty.

Don’t give up, we can find the solution, let’s work together. -Dan Larimer
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 04:58:32 am by bitscape »

Offline lovejoy

• View Profile
    • Cryptofresh
Who we are we, really.

Greetings, I’m Brandon Lovejoy, Delegate bits on our beloved BitShares blockchain.  From this point forward I’ll be known as bitscape in the forums and elsewhere online.  I’m an entrepreneur, strategist, artist, and tech enthusiast.  My background is in film and audio production, grassroots organizing, politics, tea, sailing, and more.  A linux enthusiast since 1995,  I believe that free software is a fundamental requirement for a free society, and that the blockchain may well signify the next stage in the evolution of our species.  To me, BitShares is the torch of freedom for the digital age, and with the help of our amazing community, I will do everything in my power to advance it.

Hi! I’m roadkill, henceforth known as roadscape, or Tim. I’m a generalist, creative problem solver, and strategist. I’d like to see blockchain tech as the cornerstone of a freer, safer, and more efficient society. My first taste of programming was in 1998 when I started to hand-copy code samples from my dad’s VB5 book. By 2003 I was writing IM, IRC, and HTTP clients/servers/bots; decidedly hooked on coding for the web. Since then, I’ve worked on web apps/design, server administration, and mobile apps. Relevant skills include content optimization, research & teaching concepts, design, event photography, and general mischief. The internet has become a battlefield and BitShares is our weapon of peace.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 04:51:11 am by bitscape »

Offline lovejoy

• View Profile
    • Cryptofresh
Greetings friends and allies of the BitShares Community.

Happy New Year...  It’s 2015!
The Year of BitShares!

This is the first of a seven part proposal.

Table of Contents

• Who we are, really.
  • Our Vision
  • Mission, Strategy, Tactics
  • Financial Plan
  • Fields of Action
  • TL;DR - Summary

We write to you as the proposed delegate team media.bitscape

Over the past few months we have been hard at work laying the foundations for a grassroots media campaign aimed at igniting interest in BitShares among the masses of early adopters yet to be reached, and fueling the fire which will see BTS ‘cross the chasm’ into wide adoption.  We will elaborate on those plans in a moment, but first...
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 04:40:05 am by bitscape »