Author Topic: Team Bitscape - media & development  (Read 20745 times)

Offline callmeluc

• View Profile
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 02:10:19 pm by callmeluc »
BTS_自扯自淡

Offline callmeluc

• View Profile
500 BTS bounty for translating the following post to Mandarin and sharing it on the Chinese subforum!

TL;DR - Summary

We are a two person delegate team consisting of: bitscape & roadscape
Passionate and resourceful advocates of BitShares with the capacity to deliver!

We have registered media.bitscape as a 100% paid delegate.  Vote Now

We will direct funds as disclosed in our Financial Plan, with utmost transparency.

Highlights include
→ Launching the first ever online store to accept BitUSD!  The best is yet to come.
cryptofresh.com

→ Launching a public domain BitShares media creation laboratory.  Help us fire up production!
bitscape.io

→ Accelerating outreach and adoption efforts in our own diverse community, and beyond.
Twin Cities BitShares Meetup

Now is the time to take action, and vote for team media.bitscape

“The future depends on what you do today.”
― Mahatma Gandhi

Translation to Chinese:

结语

我们是一个由两人组成的受托人团队:bitscape和roadscape
两个激情澎湃又足智多谋的比特股拥护者!

我们注册了100%支付率受托人:media.bitscape  现在就投票支持我们

我们的财务计划将直接公开,保证最大的透明度。

重点包括:

→上线首家支持BitUSD支付的在线商店!这只是开始,好戏还在后头。
cryptofresh.com

→上线一个面向公共领域的比特股媒体创作实验室。帮助我们加足马力开始制作吧!
bitscape.io

→加快我们在这个多元化社区中的推广和采用进程,将触角伸向圈外。

现在,是时候行动了,投票支持media.bitscape团队!

“今天所做的一切,都将决定未来。”

― 圣雄甘地

BTS ID:callmeluc
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 02:09:48 pm by callmeluc »
BTS_自扯自淡

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline roadscape

Thanks all, we're making steady progress!

I'm asking on behalf of Callmeluc :   Is this bounty just for the words I quoted , or includes the contents in each link it provides ?

Just the quoted words, for now :)

Can you explain how your payment gateway work? Will you release the source code soon?

Thanks! Please check the cryptofresh pre-announcement thread and let us know if you have any questions.
We would definitely like to release the source once it's stable and we get bitscape off the runway.
http://cryptofresh.com  |  witness: roadscape

Offline vegolino

• Reality is Information
    • View Profile

Offline abelljefrry

Goodluck guys!

Can you explain how your payment gateway work? Will you release the source code soon?
Need a designer for your project? Hire me! I accept BTS as payment :)

View my BitShares design portfolio here : bit.ly/BitSharesPortfolio

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
500 BTS bounty for translating the following post to Mandarin and sharing it on the Chinese subforum!

TL;DR - Summary

We will direct funds as disclosed in our Financial Plan, with utmost transparency.

Highlights include
→ Launching the first ever online store to accept BitUSD!  The best is yet to come.
cryptofresh.com

→ Launching a public domain BitShares media creation laboratory.  Help us fire up production!
bitscape.io

→ Accelerating outreach and adoption efforts in our own diverse community, and beyond.

― Mahatma Gandhi

I'm asking on behalf of Callmeluc :   Is this bounty just for the words I quoted , or includes the contents in each link it provides ?
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline roadscape

TL;DR - Summary

Highlights include
cryptofresh.com

bitscape.io

― Mahatma Gandhi

Offline lovejoy

• View Profile
    • Cryptofresh
  • BitShares: lovejoy
Or do you have other businesses in mind? If so, without asking you to spill your secrets, I'd like to have some idea of where else you might go with this. Thanks.

With respect to where else we might go, I might just add that we are poised to take bitscape media in the direction of a fully fledged production company to the whole BTS ecosystem, presuming we can bootstrap the infrastructure to do so. 

We will be releasing some introductory videos in the short term, to make our video efforts tangible, but they will not be representative of what we are capable of in this regard, save for our creative capacity. 

Our current production and editing gear is somewhat limited at the moment.  We have an HD camera but limited means to edit such footage quickly or easily.  We need to invest in some equipment to really get things up to the production quality I’d personally like to see.

Offline roadscape

Intriguing proposal. I agree with Rune. I'd like to see more explanation of this part: "We intend to use delegate income as seed money to create profitable businesses with diverse income streams which can produce more value for the BTS ecosystem than they consume." Is that the store? Or do you have other businesses in mind? If so, without asking you to spill your secrets, I'd like to have some idea of where else you might go with this. Thanks.

We’re taking it three steps at a time:
  • Cryptofresh - selling things
  • Bitscape - creating things
  • Meetup.com - sharing things
With a lot of overlap, of course.

We are working on maturing all three. When we can take the training wheels off one of them, we’ll incubate another. There are so many possibilities within each that we will have no problems keeping our hands full.

As Dan puts it:

“We should expect our delegates to start a business around the work they are doing for BitShares. This way they can earn real income outside the delegate pay they receive. The delegate pay should be viewed as startup capital and not depended upon for long-term sustainability. Delegates that are not thinking about how to free themselves from the need of delegate pay will bring far less value to BitShares than delegates who do.”

There are literally dozens of business models and monetization strategies that can be used. If you are looking to bootstrap your own business in the crypto-currency space there is no better platform to start from than BitShares.”

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline lovejoy

• View Profile
    • Cryptofresh
Oh, it's a store. I didn't realise that from the post. Then it makes a lot more sense.

"Tangible assets for the blockchain age" ;)

I didn't mean to be insulting, sorry, I was just writing the first criticism that came to my mind. If you've seen pics of the bp t-shirts you might understand my reaction...Selling quality t-shirts to community members seems fine, and having a delegate kickstart an online shop is an interesting idea.

These are 100% organic cotton, ring spun, fitted T-Shirts, silkscreened with water based ink, not PVC.  They’re super dope, and they should be ready by Wednesday - Friday of this coming week... We'll have photos up on cryptofresh soon thereafter!  For our initial run we had 100 printed.

With the guaranteed income from the delegate you can afford taking a lot more risks with inventory and potentially offer a very diverse range of products even when the potential customer base is still very low. Having a fully stocked delegate-subsidized bitUSD online store could actually be a pretty big deal for promotion.

Ideally we will not be subsidizing our products. But yes, at this point funds will be used to defray our out-of-pocket expenses. Cryptofresh is intended, in the long run, to be a sustainable business in it’s own right.  Our ultimate goal is to create a handful of small enterprises which will contribute to our overall efforts as delegates.

Currently, a single delegate income would almost begin to pay for our current efforts.

What are your near term plans for what cryptofresh will be offering if you're elected?

There are many possibilities to consider! We will be continuously picking low hanging fruit, and our “idea tree” includes such things as: silkscreened posters, decals, laser cuts/etchings, as well as other community offerings, such as Max Wright’s book, and more.

Essentially, all the swag you need to rally a small army of those who will bear our message into the world and onto the streets.

Let’s build a movement!

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
I love the structure of your financial breakdown, but there needs to be a lot more specific information about what kind of "media campaigns" you're going to do.

Right now it just looks like you're campaigning for a delegate so you can pay yourself a salary for running yet another BTS information website.

Also, T-shirts...? If I were you I'd remove this part completely from your plans. Makes you look as out of touch as brian page.

Intriguing proposal. I agree with Rune. I'd like to see more explanation of this part: "We intend to use delegate income as seed money to create profitable businesses with diverse income streams which can produce more value for the BTS ecosystem than they consume." Is that the store? Or do you have other businesses in mind? If so, without asking you to spill your secrets, I'd like to have some idea of where else you might go with this. Thanks.

Offline Rune

• View Profile
Oh, it's a store. I didn't realise that from the post. Then it makes a lot more sense.

I didn't mean to be insulting, sorry, I was just writing the first criticism that came to my mind. If you've seen pics of the bp t-shirts you might understand my reaction...Selling quality t-shirts to community members seems fine, and having a delegate kickstart an online shop is an interesting idea.

With the guaranteed income from the delegate you can afford taking a lot more risks with inventory and potentially offer a very diverse range of products even when the potential customer base is still very low. Having a fully stocked delegate-subsidized bitUSD online store could actually be a pretty big deal for promotion.

What are your near term plans for what cryptofresh will be offering if you're elected?

Offline lovejoy

• View Profile
    • Cryptofresh
...there needs to be a lot more specific information about what kind of "media campaigns" you're going to do.

Media creation?  The sky is the limit!

We will start with the small potatoes like this: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=12852.msg169122#msg169122 , and build our way up, with your support!

If it's not clear in our proposal, all content we generate is freely available to BitShares TV, and anyone else who might want to use it, like the saavy marketing folks on Null St.  As with Bytemaster’s blog, it is going to be public domain.

We have some great ideas of our own, and are quite open to suggestions from the community.