Author Topic: Team Bitscape - media & development  (Read 20513 times)

Offline roadscape

I love the structure of your financial breakdown, but there needs to be a lot more specific information about what kind of "media campaigns" you're going to do.

Right now it just looks like you're campaigning for a delegate so you can pay yourself a salary for running yet another BTS information website.

Also, T-shirts...? If I were you I'd remove this part completely from your plans. Makes you look as out of touch as brian page.

We have a lot to offer, and a "BTS information website" is not in our plans.
The T-shirts are awesome and they have already been ordered.

T-shirts will be needed for meetups and conferences. And to demonstrate our store.
Have you seen other delegates with a business plan?

These will be sold on Cryptofresh, our first "media creation", and the first online store accepting BitUSD.

Have you ever bought anything with BitUSD? Have you ever seen anything like this?

We've slaved over this, spent countless hours and significant money while being paid nothing.

Frankly, to be compared to Brian Page in your first comment on our proposal could be considered quite an insult by some.

We are not remotely big stakeholders. But we are two highly skilled and passionate individuals, here to make a contribution.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 07:44:35 pm by roadscape »
http://cryptofresh.com  |  witness: roadscape

Offline Rune

• View Profile
I love the structure of your financial breakdown, but there needs to be a lot more specific information about what kind of "media campaigns" you're going to do.

Right now it just looks like you're campaigning for a delegate so you can pay yourself a salary for running yet another BTS information website.

Also, T-shirts...? If I were you I'd remove this part completely from your plans. Makes you look as out of touch as brian page.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Just to get it right! You're proposal 3x100% delegate to accomplish this mission!?

Hey cass! We're aiming for two 100% delegates, one of which is a "booster rocket":

First, we submit to you:
Delegate 1 → media.bitscape 100%
This is to be our long range primary funding vehicle.

Once our primary delegate is voted in we will register the second:
Delegate 2 → provisional.bitscape 100%
A seed funding booster rocket to reach funding goals and execute advanced media production more swiftly; to be jettisoned, or repurposed, when escape velocity is reached. See below.

yup got it :) thx
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline lovejoy

• View Profile
    • Cryptofresh
  • BitShares: lovejoy
TL;DR - Summary

We are a two person delegate team consisting of: bitscape & roadscape
Passionate and resourceful advocates of BitShares with the capacity to deliver!

We have registered media.bitscape as a 100% paid delegate.  Vote Now

We will direct funds as disclosed in our Financial Plan, with utmost transparency.

Highlights include
→ Launching the first ever online store to accept BitUSD!  The best is yet to come.
cryptofresh.com

→ Launching a public domain BitShares media creation laboratory.  Help us fire up production!
bitscape.io

→ Accelerating outreach and adoption efforts in our own diverse community, and beyond.
Twin Cities BitShares Meetup

Now is the time to take action, and vote for team media.bitscape

“The future depends on what you do today.”
― Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso
Just to get it right! You're proposal 3x100% delegate to accomplish this mission!?

Looks like only 2 to me?

Offline roadscape

Hey cass! We're aiming for two 100% delegates, one of which is a "booster rocket":

First, we submit to you:

A seed funding booster rocket to reach funding goals and execute advanced media production more swiftly; to be jettisoned, or repurposed, when escape velocity is reached. See below.

Offline carpet ride

• View Profile
Great effort - Will vote asap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All opinions are my own. Anything said on this forum does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation between myself and anyone else.
Check out my blog: http://CertainAssets.com
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline gyhy

• View Profile

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 01:12:21 pm by cass »
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline roadscape

TL;DR - Summary

We are a two person delegate team consisting of: bitscape & roadscape
Passionate and resourceful advocates of BitShares with the capacity to deliver!

We have registered media.bitscape as a 100% paid delegate.  Vote Now

We will direct funds as disclosed in our Financial Plan, with utmost transparency.

Highlights include
→ Launching the first ever online store to accept BitUSD!  The best is yet to come.
cryptofresh.com

→ Launching a public domain BitShares media creation laboratory.  Help us fire up production!
bitscape.io

→ Accelerating outreach and adoption efforts in our own diverse community, and beyond.
Twin Cities BitShares Meetup

Now is the time to take action, and vote for team media.bitscape

“The future depends on what you do today.”
― Mahatma Gandhi

----

Whew.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 07:16:52 am by roadscape »

Offline roadscape

Fields of Action
  • cryptofresh.com beta - Promote BitShares, increase bitUSD awareness and help fund our campaigns
    • Your online source for BitShares swag /merchandise
    • Buy BitShares T-Shirts and more with BitUSD!
  • bitscape.io - Informational outpost / grassroots open media repository
    • Home of the media.bitscape delegate team
    • Delegate info - blog - video
  • Twin Cites BitShares Meetup - An platform for outreach, education, awareness, and exploration of BitShares, as well as refinement of in-person adoption efforts.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 07:22:03 am by roadscape »

Offline roadscape

Financial Plan

Preface

We intend to use delegate income as seed money to create profitable businesses with diverse income streams which can produce more value for the BTS ecosystem than they consume.

As you read this plan, we ask you to bear in mind the following points.

• We are two highly skilled individuals committed to building considerable value for the BTS ecosystem.  Including delegate maintenance, media production, grassroots organizing, and more.
  • Our commitment has already been expressed:

• financially through the use of personal funds to:
      • register media.bitscape as delegate
      • print BitShares T-Shirts
      • secure hosting and domain services for two websites and a delegate server.
    • through countless hours:
      • building an online infrastructure (coding & design) to support these endeavors
      • developing a comprehensive strategy
      • organizing locally
      • new merchandise development
      • maintaining an an active delegate for 5.5 months.
    • through making ourselves public, to more readily advocate for BitShares.

We are proposing the following structure and distribution of delegate resources.

First, we submit to you:

Distribution of Delegate Pay

Every two weeks, with the earned BTS:

• We cover operating costs
    • delegate server operation costs and hosting
    • infrastructure, licensing, co-working space, legal and financial consultation, and other business operating costs.
  • with the remainder (if any) we do payroll:
    • bitscape    receives 50% up to $84,000/yr ($7,000/mo)
    • roadscape    receives 50% up to $84,000/yr ($7,000/mo)
          Until we have a surplus beyond this salary, we will sacrifice whatever portion of personal income necessary to achieve our objectives, inclusive of both funds described below.
  • with the remainder (if any) we top off strategic funds:
    • Media Project Fund (initial soft limit of 25,000 BitUSD)
      • Launching media campaigns
      • Local meetups and events
      • Conferences
      • Talent acquisition
      • Contract workers
    • Emergency Fund (initial soft limit of 50,000 BitUSD)
      • Legal fees
      • Cover operating costs in case of technical/infrastructure issues
      • In the future, this fund must be in fiat, off-blockchain.  We will be transparent with these, and all funds from the blockchain.
  • with the remainder (if any):
    • 3% is distributed among payroll as a bonus
    • 97% is burned

---

So far we have created the following two entities to build value and create awareness.  The income potential of these endeavors is as of yet completely unknown.  As we grow we will reevaluate our financial plan should these become a significant source of income.

Cryptofresh
Bitscape Media

---

No part of this document represents a contract or promise, it’s merely our best strategy given the current conditions we are operating within, and represents an honest attempt by us to account for the risks and uncertainty inherent in such a project.  Our word is our bond, and our public reputations are on the line.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 05:55:34 am by roadscape »

Offline lovejoy

• View Profile
    • Cryptofresh
Mission
  • Create a sustainable and blockchain symbiotic business model
  • Promote the ideas and adoption of BitShares through direct interaction with local communities, and the production of compelling digital media
  • Engage in field work to evaluate various grassroots tactics
  • Collaborate with other community members to further develop marketing and educational materials. And to assist others in organizing within their communities.
  • Contribute to the further evolution of the delegate’s role and practices
Strategy

Engage in a coordinated campaign of media creation, outreach and adoption efforts extending far beyond the crypto-sphere to rally support among the multitudes of those who are ideologically aligned with the vision of BitShares.

Tactics
  • Merchandise
    • T-Shirts
    • Other promotional materials.
  • Online Media
    • cryptofresh
    • Memes (& misc viral)
    • Digital media (books/audio/video)
    • Free downloads / Repository
  • Video Production
    • Interviews & Mini-Docs
    • Ads
    • Feature Documentary
  • Events, Publicity, Merchant Outreach, Community Projects
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 05:47:23 am by bitscape »

Offline lovejoy

• View Profile
    • Cryptofresh
Our Vision

It has become increasingly apparent we can no longer remain in the shadows of this grand experiment in peace and liberty. We have been given nothing short of the digital means for global satyagraha, forged on a blockchain, and rooted in the collective power of human imagination, courage, and action.

From this point onward there can be no hesitation. We must be swift and clear in the honoring of such a gift as this, or we may delay the condition of liberty for generations to come.

Through organizing on a local level at a global scale, in tandem with the production of strong digital media, we can be a powerful bridge to diverse communities across the globe.

We believe in the power of storytelling.  With our myriad hearts, minds, hands, and voices, we must avail ourselves of all possible expressions to advance the message of liberty.

Don’t give up, we can find the solution, let’s work together. -Dan Larimer
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 04:58:32 am by bitscape »

Offline lovejoy

• View Profile
    • Cryptofresh
Who we are we, really.

Greetings, I’m Brandon Lovejoy, Delegate bits on our beloved BitShares blockchain.  From this point forward I’ll be known as bitscape in the forums and elsewhere online.  I’m an entrepreneur, strategist, artist, and tech enthusiast.  My background is in film and audio production, grassroots organizing, politics, tea, sailing, and more.  A linux enthusiast since 1995,  I believe that free software is a fundamental requirement for a free society, and that the blockchain may well signify the next stage in the evolution of our species.  To me, BitShares is the torch of freedom for the digital age, and with the help of our amazing community, I will do everything in my power to advance it.

Hi! I’m roadkill, henceforth known as roadscape, or Tim. I’m a generalist, creative problem solver, and strategist. I’d like to see blockchain tech as the cornerstone of a freer, safer, and more efficient society. My first taste of programming was in 1998 when I started to hand-copy code samples from my dad’s VB5 book. By 2003 I was writing IM, IRC, and HTTP clients/servers/bots; decidedly hooked on coding for the web. Since then, I’ve worked on web apps/design, server administration, and mobile apps. Relevant skills include content optimization, research & teaching concepts, design, event photography, and general mischief. The internet has become a battlefield and BitShares is our weapon of peace.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 04:51:11 am by bitscape »