Author Topic: Nxt is up 12% News?  (Read 2909 times)

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
Someone told me a month ago that judging from the charts that NXT is going to boost , because all those who wanted to sell it , sold  .
So , it's easier to pump .

Just like Ripple without any significant news and yet still pumped ....
So , nothing biggie , go to work , people .

:o
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile
I can't see anything worthy enough for such a big move. Intriguing.

I don't understand its value proposition, but Nxt is up because of their "monetary system" launch.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

+5% Cool. I remember them talking about it ages ago. At the time it didn't sound very interesting, maybe I'll try look into it more.

Ok, saw article, I remember it just lets you lock a certain amount of NXT collateral up or something but it didn't seem like that would let you peg to anything as the price of NXT is obviously volatile.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 02:21:52 am by Empirical1.1 »

Offline gamey

• View Profile
Monetary system is basically Sidechains implemented on a PoS coin.

Which I see.. but I still don't see why anyone would want to do that. So I can sell nxt coins through an intermediary?  There must be some blog post extolling the virtues of this if someone bothered to implement it.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
BM,Please consider more about you BTS,it was dump like a shit. >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
get your ass  to 1.0!!!!!

Well reasoned analysis there...

Offline kao

• View Profile
BM,Please consider more about your BTS,it was dump like a shit. >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
get your ass to 1.0!!!!!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 01:39:47 am by kao »

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
Lots of little tidbits to learn from the article an essential walkthrough "As the client loads up for the first time, it tells you what functions it’s executing during the process, but it doesn’t indicate how much time it will take to complete. I found myself wondering if I should set aside ten seconds or ten minutes or ten hours. A progress bar would help."

I dont know if this applies.

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
The "news" is this: http://newsbtc.com/2014/12/28/nxt-hard-fork-announced-monetary-system-going-live/

Among the features seem to be "coins pegged to stable value indicators" which I commented on. As for the 15% rise, it is worth noting that NXT has been at historic lows last few weeks.. Personally I still can't figure out why NXT has been so low. It was the first major PoS 2.0 coin, it attracted tons of developers already back in 2013, and they have ~80% of all crypto assets issued by users (15 of top 20).

Offline BldSwtTrs

• View Profile
Monetary system is basically Sidechains implemented on a PoS coin.

Offline gamey

• View Profile

What is a chief user case for the monetary system?  I understand you back a UIA with actual NXT.. but I don't get why anyone wants to do this.  I can understand why NXT would want people to, but why would I as a UIA issuer want to back the asset with NXT?
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil

I don't understand its value proposition, but Nxt is up because of their "monetary system" launch.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline speedy

• View Profile

Well that article shows that Nxt is attempting to be a complete ecosystem, with apps builtin to the client for all your crypto needs including messaging, shopping, name registration. It looks quite impressive.

Of course without market pegged assets, it doesnt save you from the banking system.

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
maybe Block 330000 is coming where the Monetary system goes live

and SuperNet will release soon client v1

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile

Offline speedy

• View Profile
Well there was this very positive article about it a couple of days ago:

http://cointelegraph.com/news/113223/the-nxt-client-just-gave-me-a-braingasm

"Everything in One Place, and Lots of it"
Sounds like what you were saying in the mumble today about how you want BitShares to be.

Offline bytemaster

Can anyone fill me in on why the sudden move?
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.