Author Topic: Newbie questions  (Read 3425 times)

Offline Valeriy777

• View Profile
На каком пуле можно пройти регистрацию? Куда не зайдешь нигде нет регистрации, как майнить без регистрации, кто может объяснить? И кошелек после введения кодов
addnode 168.63.12.227:80 add
addnode 168.63.12.227:80 onetry
не синхронизируется никак!

Offline Metrologist

• View Profile
Ah! That's what that means! Thanks!

Offline seraphim

I know. Your wallet says you're not mining because you're not solo mining.

Ypool has pretty good stats, you can see your balance there. You need to mine a while until you can calculate your daily income, because the blocks need to be validated (that's the unconfirmed balance. some of that will disappear). Just check your balance now, and 24 hours later.

Diff will go up in about 3 days, you can't make a long term calculation with that.
Meet you on STEEM

Offline Metrologist

• View Profile
I'm not solo mining. I'm in the YPool.

I'm wondering if I'll be credited for the mining that I do.

Offline seraphim

Your wallet is a seperate software, it doesn't check for running miners. It is possible but not recommended to use the wallet for solo mining.
Meet you on STEEM

Offline Metrologist

• View Profile
Thanks for the info. I'll check it out.

I'm still concerned about the icon at the bottom of my wallet that says I'm not mining Protoshares. I'm not understanding why it's saying that, and how do I correct it?

Offline seraphim

Yes.
Did you try one of the optimized miners (ypool->howto)? Maybe that can bring a bit more, but you cpu isn't exactly top-notch, so don't expect too much.

The estimation from the irc-bot says you'll earn 0.08 in 24 hours, but that value can variy a bit.
Meet you on STEEM

Offline Metrologist

• View Profile
I'm mining with JHProtominer. Is that the correct one to use?

Offline seraphim

Are you mining with your wallet?
You probably won't make any pts like that.

Have a look at the pool section, choose one, and follow the instructions to mine there.
Meet you on STEEM

Offline Metrologist

• View Profile

Offline Metrologist

• View Profile
Hi. I’m extremely green to this type of thing so please keep your answers as basic as possible. Thanks.

I set-up my wallet and got it to sync, but the little icon at the bottom of the wallet says I’m not mining when in fact I am. How do I fix that?

I’m mining with an i5-760 quad core. I’m getting less than 70 collisions/minute. Judging by other posts I’ve read, this seems quite low. True? Is there some way to improve this with what I’ve got?

I’ve been mining for about 20 hours and my Balance(PTS) is only up to 0.04. Does this seem right? At that rate it will take me roughly 3 weeks to earn 1 coin.