Author Topic: Prediction: By March we will be in pos #3 on coint marketcap.  (Read 2924 times)

Offline bitmarket

• View Profile
    • BitShares TV
My prediction: Ethereum is launched around march and will reach $100 million, putting it in the number 3 spot.

I cant see Ethereum launching in Q1 and maybe not even Q2.  Not that I have any information at all.  I just know tech never launches on time.
Host of BitShares.TV and Author of BitShares 101

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
sometimes i wonder if bitshares and ethereum merged together, although both seem different projects.

That would be my dream. :)  I could go 100% all in on that and not worry.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
sometimes i wonder if bitshares and ethereum merged together, although both seem different projects.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Yes, litecoin and paycoin will both crash under us and die.  Hopefully in march the BTS price will be higher than it is currently. ;)

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
The best outcome will be a Government like the UK sending a positive signal about the potential of Blockchain technology. That's more likely than a push from economic crisis. Having Government behind the development of this technology will encourage businesses to look seriously at adoption.. and that's where the big money is. No-one in mainstream is going to spend savings they don't have investing in currencies they cannot use. If investment firms started throwing clients towards BTS or even just BitUSD, then we wouldn't need hope.
I also see a lot of benefits in cooperating with everyone that can make this big which will only accelerate the rise of tools to make old structures obsolete.

Lawsky himself opened with saying that the next generation “will bank in vastly different ways than we do now” – the community could develop solutions and show him what that looks like, from his risk-averse point of view.
Quote from Lawsky, see http://consumersresearch.org/lawsky-says-bitlicense-not-intended-to-cover-non-currency-use-cases-which-is-good/

Offline davidpbrown

The best outcome will be a Government like the UK sending a positive signal about the potential of Blockchain technology. That's more likely than a push from economic crisis. Having Government behind the development of this technology will encourage businesses to look seriously at adoption.. and that's where the big money is. No-one in mainstream is going to spend savings they don't have investing in currencies they cannot use. If investment firms started throwing clients towards BTS or even just BitUSD, then we wouldn't need hope.
฿://1CBxm54Ah5hiYxiUtD7JGYRXykT5Z6ZuMc

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
i don't care if we are 3 or 4th but it would be good to be over 100m

at the moment crypto is in general in a downtrend, but the next crisis is coming and will lift all boots.

Offline davidpbrown

My prediction: Ethereum is launched around march and will reach $100 million, putting it in the number 3 spot.

Only if it can make applications obvious.. I would expect it'll trail behind for a while, like BitShares is doing with Ripple - though Ripple's class of action will fall away in time. Ethereum seems almost too ambitious to be true. It's the one good investment I didn't make because of that. Give them a couple of years to iron out issues.. that's my instinct, though admittedly it's tempting to believe they can do it simply by invoking a Turing complete language set, having confidence takes time.

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy

Offline davidpbrown

Well, we just made #4 .. again. Paycoin falling .. again.

Offline Thom

I'll defer to your perspective Max, as you have a better view of the situation from your perspective.

I sincerely hope it's a bit pessimistic!

On the other hand (there are 5 fingers), and given the slippages in predictions over the last 2 months I have some doubts for the short term. As much as I love BM's blog, I wonder if the schedule is more likely to be kept if he instead focused on coding and less on marketing.

Again, his is another perspective I'll defer too.

Really love your book & BitShares.tv. Keep up the most excellent effort, and best wishes for us all in this new year!
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline davidpbrown

With Litecoin melting down and Paycoin currently suggested as -43.91%.. yes, why not #3. MaidSafe might do well into whatever start date they work to, then that coin will disappear to be replaced by SafeCoin. If that works then I guess they will chew into something equivalent to the $4Billion market that Dropbox enjoys.. that might be tough to compete with for a while but BitShares has potential to get second wind then later this year. With BTC below $300 though it's anybody's guess.. perhaps we can make #1 by February!

Offline bitmarket

• View Profile
    • BitShares TV
Just thought I would throw it out there for fun.  What do you think?
Host of BitShares.TV and Author of BitShares 101