Author Topic: Make Voting Free  (Read 1398 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
It would add additional code and complexity .. also .. you cannot make sure that the sender is identical to receiver unless you send you funds backt to the same address .. which is not happending with titan but could be implemented for VOTING!!

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile
Allowing each user a free daily vote transaction would encourage the creation of additional accounts for spam amplification.  This would be a fixed cost investment enabling free spamming at will each day forever.

Normally, votes should be cast automatically as you transact and move funds.  Initially though we need higher delegate turnover to hire developers and we have low transaction volume because the system isn't yet used much for everyday purposes, so we need deliberate full stake voting.

Given that, I think the 0.1 BTS cost of voting is reasonable for investors to pay to strengthen their investment by voting responsibly.

Offline fluxer555

• View Profile
In the settings you can change the fee down to 0.10 BTS.

Good to know, thanks. I still think this would be worth the time to implement, as when the dialog box came up saying "You will be charged for this, ok?", it made me hesitate, and made the experience not feel as good. Voting should feel good.

Offline islandking

• The king of the island
    • View Profile
After New Years, I made a resolution to get my BTS off the exchanges and vote. Yesterday, I voted for the first time, and it was much less painful than others have experienced. My only gripe, was that I needed to pay at the very end. Even though it was only 0.5 BTS, It took a bit of the sweetness out of the experience.

I understand that transaction spamming is important to prevent. Therefore, I propose that all users can vote for free once per day.

Is it feasible for this to be implemented? I'm worried that because of TITAN, it may be difficult.

In the settings you can change the fee down to 0.10 BTS.
I've been working on a new electronic cash system that's fully peer-to-peer, with no trusted third party. - Satoshi

Offline fluxer555

• View Profile
After New Years, I made a resolution to get my BTS off the exchanges and vote. Yesterday, I voted for the first time, and it was much less painful than others have experienced. My only gripe, was that I needed to pay at the very end. Even though it was only 0.5 BTS, It took a bit of the sweetness out of the experience.

I understand that transaction spamming is important to prevent. Therefore, I propose that all users can vote for free once per day.

Is it feasible for this to be implemented? I'm worried that because of TITAN, it may be difficult.