Author Topic: The worth of Stan's contribution to BitShares  (Read 11308 times)

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
Anyways maybe this is not a sad circumstance and I believe I should be targetted next on the forum for my opinions/comments/responses and sadly my disrespectful interruptions on the last mumble server.  If you want to target me, go for it but I will be honest with you the post will be spammed, I have a lot of time on my hand and I will respond to many of the opinions meaning I am going to make multiple back to back posts because I am not so computer literate and dont know how to multi-quote, stupid hu?  I know its so fucking stupid, fuck!  If you want to guide me to how to multi-quote do back to back quotes so I can put multiple quotes in 1 post im up for it I will listen not just hear.

Right click on "insert quote" and choose open link in a new tab. Open up all the quotes you want to quote in new tabs. Then, copy/paste each of them into the actual post. When you are finished, click Preview to make sure it looks right, then click Post.

If the quotes you want to quote are visible below when you click reply, you can just click 'insert quote' for anyone you want and it will add it to your reply.

Perfect bitsharesmarket, you rock, this is like a small lifehack, just opening up tabs, never thought about it, thank you very much will help

Offline ebit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: ebit
I trust stan.
May be we can more public developers reporting on activities report in monthly report(newsletter).
The newsletter is should placed in a prominent location in the Bitshares Forum and http://bitshares.org/.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 02:38:47 am by ebit »
telegram:ebit521
https://weibo.com/ebiter

Offline mint chocolate chip

Anyways maybe this is not a sad circumstance and I believe I should be targetted next on the forum for my opinions/comments/responses and sadly my disrespectful interruptions on the last mumble server.  If you want to target me, go for it but I will be honest with you the post will be spammed, I have a lot of time on my hand and I will respond to many of the opinions meaning I am going to make multiple back to back posts because I am not so computer literate and dont know how to multi-quote, stupid hu?  I know its so fucking stupid, fuck!  If you want to guide me to how to multi-quote do back to back quotes so I can put multiple quotes in 1 post im up for it I will listen not just hear.

Right click on "insert quote" and choose open link in a new tab. Open up all the quotes you want to quote in new tabs. Then, copy/paste each of them into the actual post. When you are finished, click Preview to make sure it looks right, then click Post.

If the quotes you want to quote are visible below when you click reply, you can just click 'insert quote' for anyone you want and it will add it to your reply.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 02:25:00 am by bitsharesmarket »

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
Thanks for all your kind words.  :)

My role on BitShares over the past 18 months has actually been quite modest. 

I work mostly behind the scenes.  My job involves dealing with business operations and other gatekeeper duties typically associated with a chief of staff role. I pay most of the crypto bills. I handle financial, legal and accounting interfaces, written communication functions, partnership negotiations and support, and helping people see the bright side whenever I can. 

Generally I try to take everything I can off Bytemaster’s hands
so he can focus on things that only he can do. 

Someday Bytemaster will find someone else he trusts to do those duties and I will be able to retire.  But it is hard to find someone you can trust to have your back in all situations, especially on the financial and legal fronts.  Until then, if I don’t do these functions he will have to find time to do them himself. 

If I’m the only one he trusts to walk his dog,
then by walking his dog I generate more Bytemaster time for the ecosystem. 

Thus, the value of my contribution is pretty much just the value of Bytemaster’s time saved for things that only he can do. 

**Full disclosure, BM does not own a dog.  I'm using another metaphor.  :D

Sadly Stan has had to waste his time in this backlash why am I pointing this out because I talked to Stan prior to the mumble session (and for the first time ill be honest) and he said the exact same thing and that is what COOs do (Chief Operations Officers) they get off the load for the CEO (Chief Executive Officer).  I wouldnt even consider Dan in Stans esteem as CEO I would consider him a Chairman which is the highest position in an organization as it guides the highest direction of the organization, the organizations vision, as Stan (I know im going to be a dick saying this) may not have ever been in contact with a Chairman of this sorts and because Dans role may have changed now to Chairman and maybe Chairman/CEO position (a person can have 2 positions in management as the Chairman is on the board of directors and not really an active role in the company, as I said the main purpose of the Chairman is vision, and that is exactly what Dan Bytemaster is doing)

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
Stan has been a pleasant person to work with as a dev so far
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline jamesc

I recommend the all loving Poodle...

It was an easy decision to vote for Stan and Dan. 
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 02:01:32 am by jcalfee1 »

Offline BitshatKing

• Xiao Ling
    • View Profile
Yes!  King Stan IS GREAT LEADER!

Offline Riverhead

I briefly managed a team of 18 devs. My primary role could be described as removing barriers to productivity. In a way I worked for them.

However as much work as this was it was often hard to quantify at the end of a day.

The worth of Stan and Pam can be measured in dev productivity versus dealing with the larger issues of running an enterprise.

Keep it up Stan and Pam.

Sent from my Timex Sinclair

charleshoskinson

Stan is a founder of this project that has been critical to its inception and survival.

Being an I3 founder doesn't offer much protection.

This aside, Stan came up with the term DAC, has performed incredibly well under a lot of pressure, came up with the concept of protoshares will me back in 2013, and made countless other contributions. He's worth the money in my unsolicited opinion. Also Stan has a strong moral core that very few people in this space possess. Working with him for the brief time I was in Virgina was a tremendously fun and productive.

merockstar

I always assumed Stan was part of the brain trust that winds up bytemaster and makes him go. How do you quantify the value of his contribution to bytemaster's solutions over the past 1.5 years? Impossible to calculate, I think. Stan is a founder. How can you quibble with the salary of a foundational contributor that made this project happen in the first place? Not a productive or enlightening OP, in my opinion.

I disagree. Questions like this need to be asked, and I think the OP, Stan, and Dan all handled this thread well.

Offline GaltReport

Thanks for all your kind words.  :)

My role on BitShares over the past 18 months has actually been quite modest. 

I work mostly behind the scenes.  My job involves dealing with business operations and other gatekeeper duties typically associated with a chief of staff role. I pay most of the crypto bills. I handle financial, legal and accounting interfaces, written communication functions, partnership negotiations and support, and helping people see the bright side whenever I can. 

Generally I try to take everything I can off Bytemaster’s hands
so he can focus on things that only he can do. 

Someday Bytemaster will find someone else he trusts to do those duties and I will be able to retire.  But it is hard to find someone you can trust to have your back in all situations, especially on the financial and legal fronts.  Until then, if I don’t do these functions he will have to find time to do them himself. 

If I’m the only one he trusts to walk his dog,
then by walking his dog I generate more Bytemaster time for the ecosystem. 

Thus, the value of my contribution is pretty much just the value of Bytemaster’s time saved for things that only he can do. 

This is pretty much what I expected Stan was doing but it's good to see it stated clearly.  I think the confusion is only in lumping him in with developers rather than explaining his role in more detail.  He is more like a chief of staff and the compensation seems fair for that role.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
it is not necessary to show our support here...  the best prove is how much votes he gets isn't it?  If you think he is worth, you already have vote for him...  His delegates place speaks for itself...  (and don't bring the argument he has bm votes because all active delegates have them too... so if you would subtract from all delegates his support, he would still stand on the first delegate spots ...)

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 997D
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 07:23:32 pm by liondani »

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline fluxer555

• View Profile
Thank you Dan and Stan. This was the response that we all needed.

+5%

Offline .yoshi

• View Profile
Thank you both for the well reasoned responses. I have to admit I was expecting a gratuitous amounts of handwaving, as was nearly always the case when people would call out Brian Page, so forgive me for being skeptical. I am pleasantly surprised.

All paid delegates are going to have to get used to the fact they need to be more transparent in what they are specifically developing and the value they are adding to the network going forward.

This. So hard.