Author Topic: 100% Delegates Proposal: BTSNow Developers  (Read 6163 times)

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
    • BlockTrades International
  • BitShares: btsnow
Voted. Thanks for your work  +5%

We've been operating a private jenkins build server that builds Linux, Mac, and Windows versions of the software...

Do you have GUI Linux version? If yes, can you start posting Linux release versions to Github?
Trusted pre-compiled version will help Linux users a lot.
Yes, we'll be releasing GUI Linux versions as well.
http://blocktrades.us Fast/Safe/High-Liquidity Crypto Coin Converter

Offline vegolino

• Reality is Information
    • View Profile

Offline testz

Voted. Thanks for your work  +5%

We've been operating a private jenkins build server that builds Linux, Mac, and Windows versions of the software...

Do you have GUI Linux version? If yes, can you start posting Linux release versions to Github?
Trusted pre-compiled version will help Linux users a lot.

Offline bytemaster

As Bytemaster succinctly put it in today's meeting, we're "the guys that solve hard problems".

Yep! If anyone has disproportionally low "rep" in the bitshares community, it's dan and eric.

If I  remember correctly, after your first days with I3 you said that BM and Dan N were on another level.

This is a great example how forcing the employees to become block producers is ungainly. There are now 4 block producers by the same company which was completely unnecessary. With all the paid delegate bids, it also means all the reliable block producers who only stay as such will get eventually moved out.

I would recommend that we use helper delegates.  Reliable block producers could "hire" Dan N and Co. and run their nodes for them.   Once BTS grows then Dan N can run a single delegate.   Lets not draw long term conclusions based upon short term situation.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

sumantso

As Bytemaster succinctly put it in today's meeting, we're "the guys that solve hard problems".

Yep! If anyone has disproportionally low "rep" in the bitshares community, it's dan and eric.

If I  remember correctly, after your first days with I3 you said that BM and Dan N were on another level.

This is a great example how forcing the employees to become block producers is ungainly. There are now 4 block producers by the same company which was completely unnecessary. With all the paid delegate bids, it also means all the reliable block producers who only stay as such will get eventually moved out.

There's no risk in having a single entity controlling 4 delegates. Even if we only had 10 people controlling 10 delegates each, we'd still be more decentralized than bitcoin. And I don't see anything wrong in pushing out some init delegates :P. Eventually many of the people who are currently block producers can become highly voted standby delegates instead. They can still be compensated for their standby service, ensuring that the moment a delegate stops producing blocks they can get voted out and quickly replaced by an operational block producer.

You're preaching to the wrong guy. Try getting heard over the loud trolls.
The minimum option we give them, the better.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
adding you to my slate on the next update

Offline Rune

• View Profile

There's no risk in having a single entity controlling 4 delegates. Even if we only had 10 people controlling 10 delegates each, we'd still be more decentralized than bitcoin. And I don't see anything wrong in pushing out some init delegates :P. Eventually many of the people who are currently block producers can become highly voted standby delegates instead. They can still be compensated for their standby service, ensuring that the moment a delegate stops producing blocks they can get voted out and quickly replaced by an operational block producer.

sumantso

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
Interesting to hear what you all have been doing behind the scenes!  +5%

Now that SynaptiCAD needs a "face" both for the voting majority and for the on/off ramp, I would love to see you collaborating closely with a designer-type as well.

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
  • BitShares: K1
I will vote you , also thanks for your team working +5% and I think BTS should been consider as stock not money. because now the price of BTS is a little low ,it is a little difficult  to use BTS to cover salary .
but if the BTS price is up to 1USD, LOL, a delegate can hire ten developing maybe.
github.com :pureland
BTS2.0 API :ws://139.196.37.179:8091
BTS2.0 API 数据源ws://139.196.37.179:8091

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Will vote for sure! Thx for your outstanding work so far…  +5%
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline roadscape

Voted for your delegates. Godspeed!
http://cryptofresh.com  |  witness: roadscape

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline onceuponatime

4 100% payrate delegates?

4 programmers (in one entity/company) working full time on bitshares.

lzr1900