Author Topic: Who Else Would Like to See Robert P. Murphy as a Delegate?  (Read 2146 times)

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile
It sounds like you want him to be a vocal adopter, which isn't necessarily a paid position.  As an economist, he should be able to see the value clearly enough anyway.

I could see hiring him to do a video series, or for consulting with the devs, or something like that, but just hiring people to sit on the delegate list as some kind of mascots seems like a stretch.

Offline rgcrypto

• View Profile
    • Cryptoctopus Blog
I agree. This is mass-adoption stuff not the kind of thing we should look for now.

Offline onceuponatime

I wouldn't - if it cost me more than $2000 a month and brought in less than $2000 a month in value.

You have impressed me by being all about metrics. How would you measure how many clicks he would bring us? Generally, economists are an inbred group without very much star power - and having one on the payroll might stroke some of our egos, but not add measurable value to our investments.

I agree on every point you are making. Advertising is very different than PR though.

Hearing an economist say that BitShares is legit is different from hearing it from a clerk in a grocery store.
No advertising money can replace social proof. This is why celebrity endorsements are huge (and they do work in terms of sales - It's been well proven through thousands of split testing on infomercials).

I don't disagree with the value of PR in addition to advertising. The point is that our "early adopter" target is current crypto users for the majority of whom an economist is not "star power" anywhere near as much as a cryptographer or famous Dev. And in the later mas adoption phase the star power endorsement would be Hollywood star or sports figure. Not the way I wished the world worked - but here I am.

Offline rgcrypto

• View Profile
    • Cryptoctopus Blog
I wouldn't - if it cost me more than $2000 a month and brought in less than $2000 a month in value.

You have impressed me by being all about metrics. How would you measure how many clicks he would bring us? Generally, economists are an inbred group without very much star power - and having one on the payroll might stroke some of our egos, but not add measurable value to our investments.

I agree on every point you are making. Advertising is very different than PR though.

Hearing an economist say that BitShares is legit is different from hearing it from a clerk in a grocery store.
No advertising money can replace social proof. This is why celebrity endorsements are huge (and they do work in terms of sales - It's been well proven through thousands of split testing on infomercials).

Offline onceuponatime

How would he add value to Bitshares?

How about as a spoke person. He is very good at making things that look complicated very simple.
He is doing exactly that with another organization: "The Infinite Banking Institute"

Also, who wouldn't want a world reknown economist on his board of directors?

Offline rgcrypto

• View Profile
    • Cryptoctopus Blog

How about as a spoke person. He is very good at making things that look complicated very simple.
He is doing exactly that with another organization: "The Infinite Banking Institute"

Also, who wouldn't want a world reknown economist on his board of directors?

Offline rgcrypto

• View Profile
    • Cryptoctopus Blog

Offline islandking

• The king of the island
    • View Profile
I've been working on a new electronic cash system that's fully peer-to-peer, with no trusted third party. - Satoshi

Offline onceuponatime

Just throwing this idea out there.

Robert P. Murphy, for those who don't know, is the most public Austrian Economist.
He wrote a book about Bitcoin and I am sure that he would love to be paid by the blockchain. :-)

If anyone here knows him personally, please speak out.

Tell us how you think he would add value to our blockchain. Has he made any comments on DPOS?

Offline rgcrypto

• View Profile
    • Cryptoctopus Blog
Just throwing this idea out there.

Robert P. Murphy, for those who don't know, is the most public Austrian Economist.
He wrote a book about Bitcoin and I am sure that he would love to be paid by the blockchain. :-)

If anyone here knows him personally, please speak out.