Author Topic: Anyone successfully import KeyID/DNS to Bitshares?  (Read 3435 times)

Offline speer1905

• View Profile
Cool thanks! I'll put in the "parking lot" until such time so as not to confuse myself :).

Offline vikram

Interesting... as my wallet for DNS was very simple and consisted of only three Keys, it can glean some information here. I had a genesis transaction from PTS, and two transactions/deposits to KeyID, and that is it.

If I run wallet_check_sharedrop in the BTS console I see a mixture of PTS and KEY addresses. What is interesting is that for each Key/Owner that was a result of deposit_op_type in the exported JSON from KeyID I see two entries of varying amounts in the BTS console. I'm going to assume each time there is an incremental vestment there would be another entry. I thus surmise there are two resulting vestment payouts thus far. I assume my genesis KeyID amounts were ledgered via a PTS address and not KeyID as I have entirely too many PTS addresses to do this analysis on.

One thing I was not able to do was correlate the amounts in bts console and the amounts I held in KeyID. I expect there is some magic ratio that determines "original_balance" that I'm not totally sure I understand. What I think I do understand is that those amounts would be divided by 100k to get the amount of resulting BTS.

Anyone else have any smart "figurin" they have done?

wallet_check_sharedrop shows the total vesting amounts that will vest over the 2 year period. This command will be removed in the next version, and wallet_account_vesting_balances will be added that shows much more information.

Offline vikram

but in theory we'd run this from time to time until we were fully vested right?

Yes.

Offline vikram

They are unlocked (but vesting). You can use "wallet_check_sharedrop" to see the details, and we'll have an even better summary in the next release

So does the vesting start as of the date the merger was announced, or does it start as of a certain block number? Where can we see more details?

It starts 2014-11-05. Next version will have more details with wallet_account_vesting_balances command.

Offline speer1905

• View Profile
Interesting... as my wallet for DNS was very simple and consisted of only three Keys, it can glean some information here. I had a genesis transaction from PTS, and two transactions/deposits to KeyID, and that is it.

If I run wallet_check_sharedrop in the BTS console I see a mixture of PTS and KEY addresses. What is interesting is that for each Key/Owner that was a result of deposit_op_type in the exported JSON from KeyID I see two entries of varying amounts in the BTS console. I'm going to assume each time there is an incremental vestment there would be another entry. I thus surmise there are two resulting vestment payouts thus far. I assume my genesis KeyID amounts were ledgered via a PTS address and not KeyID as I have entirely too many PTS addresses to do this analysis on.

One thing I was not able to do was correlate the amounts in bts console and the amounts I held in KeyID. I expect there is some magic ratio that determines "original_balance" that I'm not totally sure I understand. What I think I do understand is that those amounts would be divided by 100k to get the amount of resulting BTS.

Anyone else have any smart "figurin" they have done?

Offline speer1905

• View Profile
bitmeat, I read your other thread as well amidst my googling around about dns/pts/ags, etc. I was about to reply there but I'll reply here:

I ran wallet_collect_vested_balances and indeed was surprised to actually see a deposit from myself :P.

At least in my case it shows up as SHAREDROP. Now, the question is do I need to periodically run this over the course of the vesting period? I assume the amount I got today was only what was applicable as of this point in time? I know there is more feature set coming around this in the new versions and maybe this will be made redundant, but in theory we'd run this from time to time until we were fully vested right?

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
They are unlocked (but vesting). You can use "wallet_check_sharedrop" to see the details, and we'll have an even better summary in the next release

So does the vesting start as of the date the merger was announced, or does it start as of a certain block number? Where can we see more details?

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline speer1905

• View Profile
Okay I seem to have had a bit more luck with 0.5.1 with regards to PTS and DNS.

KeyID/DNS
Code: [Select]
>> wallet_import_keys_from_json c:\a.json xxxxxx xxxxx

OK

Protoshares/PTS
Code: [Select]
>> wallet_import_bitcoin C:\b.dat xxxxxx xxxxx

Okay all seems well in 0.5.1 now where this didn't work on 0.4.x.

Next question, how do I validate the import / keys? Is there a way to check the hypothetical worth once actually unlocked? I know nothing is unlocked yet, I just don't want to have to think about this anymore in the future :). I can finally bury the keyid corpse mentally if I can validate the keys.

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
You can dump the private keys of your KeyID wallet and import them into a BTS wallet. Cumbersome, but should work.
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
You will need to use the `wallet_import_keys_from_json` command. I'm not sure if this is available yet in the latest official release. Note that the vesting balances have not been unlocked yet so we have not yet released instructions.

There's no such a command right now. Maybe it will be implemented in the next version?
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline vikram

You will need to use the `wallet_import_keys_from_json` command. I'm not sure if this is available yet in the latest official release. Note that the vesting balances have not been unlocked yet so we have not yet released instructions.

Offline speer1905

• View Profile
I believe I properly imported my PTS .dat file from 11/5 to my 0.4.27.2 BTS wallet using wallet_import_bitcoin. What I'm not clear on is KeyID / DNS. I tried importing via File menu from the KeyID JSON backup but either there is something funny with my json as it bombs or it is only expecting a BTS JSON.

Anyone else find a howto on importing KeyID to Bitshares?