Author Topic: Looking for a tech to run my delegate  (Read 5131 times)

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
As someone that is sitting in with max on meetings with business partners I have nothing but good things to say about him.

We actually recently had a discussion on how you quantify results of these meetings and how to show the community their value. Obviously you can't sit in on the meetings and it wouldn't make sense to give anyone person the credit for getting a partner company to sign on.

No matter what metrics you use, here is what I personally have seen:

Great speaking ability
Informed about the product
Very solid work on http://bitshares.tv/
Great work done on Press kit
The book http://www.amazon.com/BitShares-101-Generation-Currencies-Decentralized-ebook/dp/B00QUIWHR0

Honestly I can't imagine working a community based marketing effort without him. He is one one those figures that acts as a social glue bringing devs,marketers and talkers like myself together helping us form one great simply message and then conveying that message to partners that will in turn help Bitshares become a standout among 2.0 technologies.

All that being said I can't wait to hear about his incentives and how many delegates he is asking for.

i agree - but - i don't understand why he agreed to get paid BTS later to get rewarded and now asks to pay his work again?

it feels like doublespending to be fair. But i will wait for the video.

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso
As someone that is sitting in with max on meetings with business partners I have nothing but good things to say about him.

We actually recently had a discussion on how you quantify results of these meetings and how to show the community their value. Obviously you can't sit in on the meetings and it wouldn't make sense to give anyone person the credit for getting a partner company to sign on.

No matter what metrics you use, here is what I personally have seen:

Great speaking ability
Informed about the product
Very solid work on http://bitshares.tv/
Great work done on Press kit
The book http://www.amazon.com/BitShares-101-Generation-Currencies-Decentralized-ebook/dp/B00QUIWHR0

Honestly I can't imagine working a community based marketing effort without him. He is one one those figures that acts as a social glue bringing devs,marketers and talkers like myself together helping us form one great simply message and then conveying that message to partners that will in turn help Bitshares become a standout among 2.0 technologies.

All that being said I can't wait to hear about his incentives and how many delegates he is asking for.

Offline ticklebiscuit

• View Profile
BM awarded the marketcap based incentive structure, so no point debating about it now. Its done; accept it and move on.

I am more interested in the work he/they are doing. On nullstreet I can see he is involved in other stuff too, having a good reddit idea today for instance. I am sure there are other stuff he is doing too.

One of the big works is the videos, and I guess I am in a minority when I say that I have found them to be underwhelming. I suffered through a couple, by converting them to a form of podcast, and I realized the only reason I was doing that was because I was already sold on Bitshares and i couldn't imagine bothering to put the effort in if I was new.

I remember watching BM's small videos earlier, and his addresses at conferences and those were very good. Short 10 minute videos with BM explaining one concept/feature and backed up by scribbled graphics (like the ones used for teaching aid) would be much better than having to sit through watching Max (no offense).

There is a very good reason to bring it up again.  Because some people might think he is not getting paid already (and arguably the best deal available). However it is not outside of our rights as shareholders to ask that he consider playing fair sknce he is now ALSO ASKING FOR TWO DELEGATES. I have yet to even see a DEV ask for such a thing...
And this isnt even factoring in that he has previously stated he will not run a delegate because of his prior contract. 

So going over the last in this case is valid to the extreme.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 01:12:22 pm by ticklebiscuit »

sumantso

BM awarded the marketcap based incentive structure, so no point debating about it now. Its done; accept it and move on.

I am more interested in the work he/they are doing. On nullstreet I can see he is involved in other stuff too, having a good reddit idea today for instance. I am sure there are other stuff he is doing too.

One of the big works is the videos, and I guess I am in a minority when I say that I have found them to be underwhelming. I suffered through a couple, by converting them to a form of podcast, and I realized the only reason I was doing that was because I was already sold on Bitshares and i couldn't imagine bothering to put the effort in if I was new.

I remember watching BM's small videos earlier, and his addresses at conferences and those were very good. Short 10 minute videos with BM explaining one concept/feature and backed up by scribbled graphics (like the ones used for teaching aid) would be much better than having to sit through watching Max (no offense).

Offline merlin0113

• View Profile
HI everyone,

I will begin campaigning for a couple delegate positions in the near future.   edit: 1 payroll and 1 marketing funds
Max

Who will be on payroll and who will dictate which initiatives get the marketing funds? Are you just going to pay yourself or are you going to hire community members?  Are you going to be using these funds to promote bitsharestv specifically? Or are they going to be used to pay for advertising bitshares initiatives that otherwise wouldnt get funding?  Is it going to be only you making these choices?

And most importantly.  Now that we are clear you want two delegates at full pay, are you willing to stand on fair ground with all other marketing delegates by A) sharing a % of your contract funds with others who effectively share the marketing workload or B) giving up the special privilege of the grandfathered bonus that no other marketing delegate will EVER get?

This is not meant as hate. This is meant to provoke a sense of honor and honesty in people who obviously got a better deal than the rest and still want more.  Here is to hoping this video will prove me 100% incorrect in my assessment.

I think we should wait for his suggested campaign video in one of his replys to come out and judge then.

Offline ticklebiscuit

• View Profile
HI everyone,

I will begin campaigning for a couple delegate positions in the near future.   edit: 1 payroll and 1 marketing funds
Max

Who will be on payroll and who will dictate which initiatives get the marketing funds? Are you just going to pay yourself or are you going to hire community members?  Are you going to be using these funds to promote bitsharestv specifically? Or are they going to be used to pay for advertising bitshares initiatives that otherwise wouldnt get funding?  Is it going to be only you making these choices?

And most importantly.  Now that we are clear you want two delegates at full pay, are you willing to stand on fair ground with all other marketing delegates by A) sharing a % of your contract funds with others who effectively share the marketing workload or B) giving up the special privilege of the grandfathered bonus that no other marketing delegate will EVER get?

This is not meant as hate. This is meant to provoke a sense of honor and honesty in people who obviously got a better deal than the rest and still want more.  Here is to hoping this video will prove me 100% incorrect in my assessment.

« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 11:26:13 am by ticklebiscuit »

Offline ticklebiscuit

• View Profile
You'll get my vote and my full support also  +5%

You have watched his said campaign video I suppose, otherwise you are acting unprofessional as you are sort of "official" imo.

Ive watched all his video interviews so far, and read his book. He is a real pro. He has my full support as well.  He is helping to get things going as much or more than anyone I know.

I have watched them too. The point remains that he already will enjoy the fruits of everyone elses labor with this bonus and there is no way to decouple him from this unfair advantage.  What he will make from the marketcap doubling will not be shared by the others who have contributed to that increase.  Can you honestly say he is the only person in a non development role who deserves the deal he is already getting?  It should be a simple, and honorable choice.  Either play fair with all the other marketing delegates by tearing up the previous contract and running his own delegate, share the bonus with all community marketing members, or just dont run a delegate.

I dont like my chances of convincing you otherwise tickle, but I think you could look at this another way.

1. All delegates and stake holders are tied together.  We either all win or we all lose.  There is no way to de-couple that.  And it works both ways.   I could do an outstanding job and the tech team could never release protocol 1.0 and I get nothing. This is business.  In my busineess that I am ignoring while I work on bitshares, I have marketers, tech teams and CEO's all on incentive structures based on revenues and profits. There is no way to de-couple.  It would be great if there were, but there is not.   I would rather be judged on some nice neat metric that I have total control over. A metric that is not affected by others. I am very confident in my ability to get views and drive interest in BirShares. Unfortunately I must take the team risk like everybody else.

2. In any large organization there are lots of different payrates/ salaries/ bonuses, etc. That is because everyone has different value. There is no point grumbling about that. I certainly did not grumble that Brian got X, or Stan gets Y or Bytemaster gets Z. I just made a proposal to BM which he accepted and got to work.  All I can do is be open and honest and that agreement and make a proposal. The share holders will decide if I am delivering enough value to receive their vote. The market will speak shortly and I will have to live with their decision just like every other delegate proposal must.

Accept your pay already will reward you handsomely if ANY marketing delegate or initiative becomes effective...even if your own efforts fail (Is this a fair measure of value?) This is a blatant mischaracterisation of fairness in this system because you obviously refuse to tear up the prior contract...or share it. 

No others got this deal and the last time i checked the community didnt sign off on it.  This is perfectly obvious. You are somehow as an appendage of brians days here grandfathered into a contract that will no doubt be very beneficial to you in the long term, but that is no longer enough.

Even you once said you felt it would be unfair for you to run a delegate because of this and now you are completely turning a 180?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 11:09:07 am by ticklebiscuit »

Offline ticklebiscuit

• View Profile
HI everyone,

In the spirit of Bytemaster and others I am looking for someone who wants to specialize in doing that. Keep 3% for themselves and pass the remaining 97% on to me weekly.

Maintaining regular price feeds is very important of course.   For the sake of decentralization, I am very interested in non-US based individuals, but that is just one factor.  If you are interested and have a reputation here please post here.

Cheers
Max

Why only 3% passing to the helper delegate ? All current helper delegates are rewarded 5% and are passing 95% of funds...
After all, active delegates right now already earns 3% and at least at current market cap the expenses are much more (VPS,time etc.). Why should they add more responsibilities for the same payrate? Don't you think you must pay the same at least like all the others do ? Not to mention possible risk's that helper delegates take...I am still not sure if 5% is even enough.... am I missing something again?

PS of course we will support your delegates

For one thing, u are missing the point that he will get a percentage of total marketcap increase as pay.  So if the marketcap doubles, he will get a handsome % that no other person will get.  he will already be compensated in a way as though he alone contributed to the rise.  And he has made it plain and ear he doesnt want to give that up (who would?).

On top of that he now wants to run a 100% delegate? At what point to people speak up on sheer principle?

Offline bitmarket

• View Profile
    • BitShares TV
HI everyone,

In the spirit of Bytemaster and others I am looking for someone who wants to specialize in doing that. Keep 3% for themselves and pass the remaining 97% on to me weekly.

Maintaining regular price feeds is very important of course.   For the sake of decentralization, I am very interested in non-US based individuals, but that is just one factor.  If you are interested and have a reputation here please post here.

Cheers
Max

Why only 3% passing to the helper delegate ? All current helper delegates are rewarded 5% and are passing 95% of funds...
After all, active delegates right now already earns 3% and at least at current market cap the expenses are much more (VPS,time etc.). Why should they add more responsibilities for the same payrate? Don't you think you must pay the same at least like all the others do ? Not to mention possible risk's that helper delegates take...I am still not sure if 5% is even enough.... am I missing something again?

Hey lion,

Thanks for the heads up.  I thought 3% was the going rate.  If it is 5, then I am happy with 5.  I will edit the OP.
Host of BitShares.TV and Author of BitShares 101

Offline bitmarket

• View Profile
    • BitShares TV

You have watched his said campaign video I suppose, otherwise you are acting unprofessional as you are sort of "official" imo.

Ive watched all his video interviews so far, and read his book. He is a real pro. He has my full support as well.  He is helping to get things going as much or more than anyone I know.

I have watched them too. The point remains that he already will enjoy the fruits of everyone elses labor with this bonus and there is no way to decouple him from this unfair advantage.  What he will make from the marketcap doubling will not be shared by the others who have contributed to that increase.  Can you honestly say he is the only person in a non development role who deserves the deal he is already getting?  It should be a simple, and honorable choice.  Either play fair with all the other marketing delegates by tearing up the previous contract and running his own delegate, share the bonus with all community marketing members, or just dont run a delegate.

I dont like my chances of convincing you otherwise tickle, but I think you could look at this another way.

1. All delegates and stake holders are tied together.  We either all win or we all lose.  There is no way to de-couple that.  And it works both ways.   I could do an outstanding job and the tech team could never release protocol 1.0 and I get nothing. This is business.  In my busineess that I am ignoring while I work on bitshares, I have marketers, tech teams and CEO's all on incentive structures based on revenues and profits. There is no way to de-couple.  It would be great if there were, but there is not.   I would rather be judged on some nice neat metric that I have total control over. A metric that is not affected by others. I am very confident in my ability to get views and drive interest in BirShares. Unfortunately I must take the team risk like everybody else.

2. In any large organization there are lots of different payrates/ salaries/ bonuses, etc. That is because everyone has different value. There is no point grumbling about that. I certainly did not grumble that Brian got X, or Stan gets Y or Bytemaster gets Z. I just made a proposal to BM which he accepted and got to work.  All I can do is be open and honest and that agreement and make a proposal. The share holders will decide if I am delivering enough value to receive their vote. The market will speak shortly and I will have to live with their decision just like every other delegate proposal must.
Host of BitShares.TV and Author of BitShares 101

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube

After all active delegates right now already earns 3% and at least at current market cap the expenses are much more (VPS,time etc.). Why should they add more responsibilities for the same payrate? Don't you think you must pay the same at least like all the others do ? Not to mention possible risk's that helper delegates take...I am still not sure if 5% is even enough.... am I missing something again?

I think you put it rather well. :)
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
HI everyone,

Cheers
Max

« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 10:49:19 am by liondani »

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains

Offline ticklebiscuit

• View Profile

Offline onceuponatime