Author Topic: another way to hired by blockchain  (Read 2627 times)

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi
this suggestion  not for myself
pay delegate is a full-time job position for blockchain
we still need part-time , bounty task, probation,
we still need to pay for the volunteer to encourage them,
I think we need a manager(or group) to handle all these, and these deserve some full pay positions.

asset like PAYALT is just another advice for people who want to participate in community work.

As for my personal,  I don't want to run a pay delegate now,
I want to  find another way to profit from BTS, like BTSBOTS.

Offline gamey

• View Profile
What is the difference between this and just being tipped?  Are these PAYALT assets redeemable for labor that doesn't involve BTS?

I know you do a lot of things Alt. Too bad you couldn't find one area to work on.  Have you approached Bytemaster etc?

I *thought* I once heard bytemaster say if there were developers with skills who wanted to a paid delegate position and given work to do...  he would help them.  I don't remember where I read or heard this, but if true it seems like maybe you could do better.

I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline Thom

1. UIA can be created via GUI
2. 500 BTS when the name is >=6 chars <=5 it will cost 500.000 BTS

That is probably too high a cost of entry to attract many fiverrs, especially considering the hoops they'll have to jump through to buy 500 BTS. I could be wrong. It was just flash thought.

Just how was the 500 BTS fee determined out of curiosity? I have no idea what considerations were evaluated in setting that price.
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
I have plan to spent much more time to work for BTS,
but I don't want to be a pay delegate, because I still have no clear roadmap.
I think many people want to work for BTS but have not ready to be a pay delegate, just like me.

so here is another way to be hired by blockchain
I will sell my personal asset PAYALT ,
I hope a group as a pay delegate can buy PAYALT, and pay for me with my asset after I have do something for BTS.
I hope there is a group like this, can hired more person, with low cost.
any thought?

Let me understand what you're saying. You propose selling your PAYALT UIA's for BTS as payment for X, whatever X is. Have I got that right? That's pretty simple. However, just like a delegate position you still have to convince the community that X is worth forking over BTS. Just devoting your time to BitShares is not enough, but I'm sure you know that.

I like the idea, and it avoids all the risk and overhead of a delegate position.

It's LETS 2.0 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2ARJDkO8cs); maybe it should be called NETS (Network Exchange Trading System) where your value to whatever market you choose to sell it in is represented by the UIA you sell. You could even go so far as to sell your time. Once you explain the value of your time to the market you're selling into, it could become basically an hourly rate.

I have an idea of a whole new demographic to go after with this: FIVERR gig providers.

Questions:
  • Can UIA's be created RIGHT NOW, or do we have to wait for it?
  • What is the cost of creating a UIA?
[/b]

At a minimum you will have to install the BitShares client and register an account, but doing that is quite painless and costs nothing but a small investment of time, now that faucets exist. And that raises a related question, why can't the use of the BTS faucet for the purpose of account registration be built in to eliminate extra steps and streamline account creation?

1. UIA can be created via GUI
2. 500 BTS when the name is >=6 chars <=5 it will cost 500.000 BTS

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
And eventually, once delegates are earning more with a higher market cap, they can hire you themselves. This will be another means of employment or contract work.

Offline Thom

I think many people want to work for BTS but have not ready to be a pay delegate, just like me.

I hope a group as a pay delegate can buy PAYALT, and pay for me with my asset after I have do something for BTS.
any thought?

Let me understand what you're saying. You propose selling your PAYALT UIA's for BTS as payment for X, whatever X is. Have I got that right? That's pretty simple. However, just like a delegate position you still have to convince the community that X is worth forking over BTS. Just devoting your time to BitShares is not enough, but I'm sure you know that.

I like the idea, and it avoids all the risk and overhead of a delegate position.

It's LETS 2.0 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2ARJDkO8cs); maybe it should be called NETS (Network Exchange Trading System) where your value to whatever market you choose to sell it in is represented by the UIA you sell. You could even go so far as to sell your time. Once you explain the value of your time to the market you're selling into, it could become basically an hourly rate.

I have an idea of a whole new demographic to go after with this: FIVERR gig providers.

Questions:
  • Can UIA's be created RIGHT NOW, or do we have to wait for it?
  • What is the cost of creating a UIA?

At a minimum you will have to install the BitShares client and register an account, but doing that is quite painless and costs nothing but a small investment of time, now that faucets exist. And that raises a related question, why can't the use of the BTS faucet for the purpose of account registration be built in to eliminate extra steps and streamline account creation?
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline JuJiShou

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ncn

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
is it currently possible to create UIAs via GUI !?
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I like this idea ... reminds me of AngelShares ...
and who knows .. maybe some day you just stop selling your shares and build a HallOfFame for those that hold your asset :)

Offline wuyanren

• View Profile

Offline onceuponatime

any thought?

Also, there is a paid referral program being set up by Adam that will help people to earn money working for bitshares.

"We'll be setting up a referral program where we can track and reward performance, which looks promising."
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=12981.0

Offline Overthetop

+5%

Good idea,It is a flexible way.
个人微博账号: Overthetop_万里晴空
“块链创新与创业”交流群: 330378613

Offline ebit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: ebit
telegram:ebit521
https://weibo.com/ebiter

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi

any thought?