Author Topic: Someone is working on replicating bitAssets in CounterParty/Bitcoin  (Read 2143 times)

Offline bitmarley

• View Profile

Would this potential bitcoin hard fork change that?
http://gavintech.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/looking-before-scaling-up-leap.html

I think you have to expect they will figure it out one way or the other. There is so much investment it bitcoin it will be adapted to the will of the users where possible. The creative incentives are strong. So the opportunity for bitshares is to stay in the wings as the alt-crypto (with extras) of choice. When the bitcoin network shows up with fails (e.g. MtGox/Bitstamp) or fails to adapt quickly enough, bitshares should be there wearing a smile big enough to post the constitution through.  :D

Would love to see a bitXCP/BTS market. Means we don't have to sell BTS to get XCP exposure. 

Offline matt608

• View Profile

The objective is to achieve adoption and they are limited by their own chain so. I guess unless transaction speeds or some other big feature comes up, their "bitAssets" are condemned to fail since day 1. I don't like being so radical but honestly I just can't see any other possible outcome at the moment, with their chain specs and technology

Would this potential bitcoin hard fork change that?
http://gavintech.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/looking-before-scaling-up-leap.html

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
Well, I guess they have more media attention than us and that could work to their advantage. The thing is, like it was mentioned above, they can't keep up with the scale they want to achieve so, it ends up being kind of illogical  :) Unless they can speed up their transactions time like I saw some people arguing they would do, though I don't know how since they use the same chain as Bitcoin.

Best possible scenario for them is: works short term. fails long term vs bitshares.

The objective is to achieve adoption and they are limited by their own chain so. I guess unless transaction speeds or some other big feature comes up, their "bitAssets" are condemned to fail since day 1. I don't like being so radical but honestly I just can't see any other possible outcome at the moment, with their chain specs and technology
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 07:03:59 pm by Akado »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline yellowecho

One also needs it to be scalable.  Does CounterParty/Bitcoin offer the best and most efficient blockchain technology to scale the bitAssets so they're competitive with BTS?  IMO, no.
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline James212

• View Profile
Just having bitassets alone means nothing. You need marketing, adoption and liquidity as well.

+5%
BTS: theangelwaveproject

Offline Rune

• View Profile
Just having bitassets alone means nothing. You need marketing, adoption and liquidity as well. That being said I don't think the schellingdollar approach is that safe, and there's no way for cp to get universal oracles similar to our delegates for pricefeeds.

Offline wuyanren

• View Profile
别怕,淡定一点好吗,大惊小怪的

Don't be afraid . It's no big deal . Calm ....
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 05:04:40 pm by cn-members »