Author Topic: How to delegate slates work? Where are the slate debates?  (Read 1766 times)

Offline jz831

• View Profile
    • Customized ASIC Controllers
Also, why can't anybody beyond just delegates build a slate, and gain the trust of the community through a transparent well-rationalised selection process, and encourage people to vote for their slate? This may create a bit more independence.
+5%
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline starspirit

• Financial markets pro over 20 years
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: starspirit
Was this answered somewhere else? I want to use a delegate slate also, just wondering where to find transparency on what is in each delegate slate, and the principles they espouse in their delegate selection process.

Also, why can't anybody beyond just delegates build a slate, and gain the trust of the community through a transparent well-rationalised selection process, and encourage people to vote for their slate? This may create a bit more independence.

Offline svk

I don't understand how delegate slates work.
There is an option in the client under MyAccounts>Vote "Vote as My Delegates Recommend"
But I don't know how to look up what the slate recommendations are?
Can someone please explain how to pick a particular slate in the client - do you just vote for 1 delegate who is running the slate you like?
Where are the slate debates?

Thanks.

I wanna add slate lookups to Bitsharesblocks, but I had a quick look and there's no way of actually getting the slates from the client as far as I can tell. That means I need to parse all the transactions to look for slate updates I guess.

As for your questions, I believe if you choose that option to vote as delegates recommend, if you vote for a delegate who has published a slate, the delegates who are on that slate will be added to your own selection of delegates. The resident slate expert is Xeroc though, I'm sure he'll be around to answer your questions :)

Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline bitmarley

• View Profile
I don't understand how delegate slates work.
There is an option in the client under MyAccounts>Vote "Vote as My Delegates Recommend"
But I don't know how to look up what the slate recommendations are?
Can someone please explain how to pick a particular slate in the client - do you just vote for 1 delegate who is running the slate you like?
Where are the slate debates?

Thanks.