Author Topic: Referral Program Starting Today  (Read 11798 times)

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
  • BitShares: K1
very good  +5%
but I don`t know if you guy know there is a bug  0.4.27.2.  , user must select faucet verification to register account , can not pay fee from local account. but many people don`t have account like facebook /google ,  we cannot register.
but no new version to be release to repair this .

You can use the console as a temporary solution. Next release will fix this.
yes you are right , I can use the console to register ,
but people with less skill would cannot register account.

« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 02:52:41 am by BTSdac »
github.com :pureland
BTS2.0 API :ws://139.196.37.179:8091
BTS2.0 API 数据源ws://139.196.37.179:8091

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
very good  +5%
but I don`t know if you guy know there is a bug  0.4.27.2.  , user must select faucet verification to register account , can not pay fee from local account. but many people don`t have account like facebook /google ,  we cannot register.

You can use the console as a temporary solution. Next release will fix this.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
  • BitShares: K1
very good  +5%
but I don`t know if you guy know there is a bug  0.4.27.2.  , user must select faucet verification to register account , can not pay fee from local account. but many people don`t have account like facebook /google ,  they cannot register.
github.com :pureland
BTS2.0 API :ws://139.196.37.179:8091
BTS2.0 API 数据源ws://139.196.37.179:8091

Offline lovejoy

• View Profile
    • Cryptofresh
  • BitShares: lovejoy
Yes!!  It would be so cool to see a visualization of the traffic which results from this.

Onward!   :D
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 02:37:03 am by bitscape »

Offline arhag

• View Profile
    • My posts on Steem
  • BitShares: arhag
  • GitHub: arhag
What are your thoughts on using the BTS owner public key as another option for the "r" field as well as using a HTTP redirect on the target sites like your blog to do referral masking?

Edit: Toast beat me to it.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
I recommend that you also accept "?r=bts_account_id"  instead of account names. Makes the referral link look less spammy.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline bytemaster

We have put in the basic tracking on various sites to gather the data necessary for our referral program.   We have not yet decided on what the rewards will be, so for now you will be participating on speculation that you may get something.  Of course, you may not get anything either.... it is still under development.

If you would like to get credit for signing up new users to the BitShares ecosystem then you can add "?r=bts_account_name" after every URL on my blog or bitshares.org.

If someone follows one of your links and ends up registering an account with BitShares via the faucet then "bts_account_name" will be given credit.   

We are working out more advanced referral incentives, but this should be good enough to get you all started.    Now go and spread links and generate traffic! 
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.