Author Topic: Referral Program Starting Today  (Read 11706 times)

Offline vikram

I recommend that you also accept "?r=bts_account_id"  instead of account names. Makes the referral link look less spammy.

+5% YES please.

Generic referral query string + money related website doesn't mingle really well in most people's head.

"Wait, what was that ref string at the end? Motherfucker, trying to suck me into a fucking ponzi scam." *flag as spam*

+5% +5%

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline mint chocolate chip

How does using a referral link that sends traffic to bitshares.org get connected to a user who then downloads  and installs the client from the site? The string is carried into the download?

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
Awesome!  +5%

I agree masking referral links makes a big difference.

sumantso

I recommend that you also accept "?r=bts_account_id"  instead of account names. Makes the referral link look less spammy.

Make it so that the website tracks it but the link changes to the normal. The current way makes it impossible to put it in, say, BTCtalk as the posts will get deleted.

Offline abelljefrry

+5% YES please.

Generic referral query string + money related website doesn't mingle really well in most people's head.

"Wait, what was that ref string at the end? Motherfucker, trying to suck me into a fucking ponzi scam." *flag as spam*
Need a designer for your project? Hire me! I accept BTS as payment :)

View my BitShares design portfolio here : bit.ly/BitSharesPortfolio

Offline joele

• View Profile
Referral reward suggestion

Lifetime 25% commission of the trx fees of your referrals.

Offline vlight

• View Profile
  • BitShares: vlight
Also, are there any plans to include bitshares.tv in referral program?

http://bitshares.tv/vitalik-buterin-bitshares-dpos/

Offline vlight

• View Profile
  • BitShares: vlight

If someone follows one of your links and ends up registering an account with BitShares via the faucet then "bts_account_name" will be given credit.   

Where is the faucet? I did not find it in a few minutes. Not obvious enough.

Offline arhag

• View Profile
    • My posts on Steem
  • BitShares: arhag
  • GitHub: arhag
+5

we can also create new account names for that reason that don't sound "spammy "....

Like refer-o-matic:)

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
+5

we can also create new account names for that reason that don't sound "spammy "....

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 997D

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile
We have put in the basic tracking on various sites to gather the data necessary for our referral program.   We have not yet decided on what the rewards will be, so for now you will be participating on speculation that you may get something.  Of course, you may not get anything either.... it is still under development.

If you would like to get credit for signing up new users to the BitShares ecosystem then you can add "?r=bts_account_name" after every URL on my blog or bitshares.org.

If someone follows one of your links and ends up registering an account with BitShares via the faucet then "bts_account_name" will be given credit.   

We are working out more advanced referral incentives, but this should be good enough to get you all started.    Now go and spread links and generate traffic!

+5% Sounds good

Offline arhag

• View Profile
    • My posts on Steem
  • BitShares: arhag
  • GitHub: arhag
How about a specific example for us ancient illiterates who don't know the syntax?  Do the "" get included?

It this right?

http://bytemaster.bitshares.org/article/2015/01/07/The-Worlds-First-Decentalized-Exchange/?r=stan

That's correct. No quotation marks should be included.

Offline onceuponatime

We have put in the basic tracking on various sites to gather the data necessary for our referral program.   We have not yet decided on what the rewards will be, so for now you will be participating on speculation that you may get something.  Of course, you may not get anything either.... it is still under development.

If you would like to get credit for signing up new users to the BitShares ecosystem then you can add "?r=bts_account_name" after every URL on my blog or bitshares.org.

We are working out more advanced referral incentives, but this should be good enough to get you all started.    Now go and spread links and generate traffic!

Where's eagleeye when you need him?

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
How about a specific example for us ancient illiterates who don't know the syntax?  Do the "" get included?

It this right?

http://bytemaster.bitshares.org/article/2015/01/07/The-Worlds-First-Decentalized-Exchange/?r=stan
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.