Author Topic: How to Measure the Decentralization of Bitcoin [BLOG POST]  (Read 4115 times)

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
I am not very technical but if I understand correctly, the article implies that if bitcoin was to use DPOS it will be as well as decentralized as Bitshares at a rank 6 or 7?

Do we really want to wake up the bitcoiners and use DPOS by forking bitcoin especially since most of us are all in in Bitshares? If bitcoin was forked to use DPOS wouldn't that seriously hurt BTS price since we would lose our competitive advantage of DPOS vs. POWaste?

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile

however, the trust moddel is different in that since the delegates are not “self selected” and can be removed and thus it is unlikely to see 51% collusion.

added "since"
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline Pheonike

typo

"however, the trust moddel is different in"

Offline bytemaster

« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 11:00:42 am by cass »
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.