Author Topic: Are returning payments in protocol 1.0 included?  (Read 1677 times)

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
To be clear max "the protocol supports it" here just means "you can do a normal transfer". If you needed something more on-chain then there was a miscommunication

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline bitmarket

• View Profile
    • BitShares TV
I understood it to be  client side as well.  The protocol already supports it.
Host of BitShares.TV and Author of BitShares 101

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
^^ yep

Every time I ever heard Dan and max talk about this, it was always as a wallet feature which requires opening your wallet occasionally.

ok, then we should include it "sooner" into the wallet.

Offline oco101

• View Profile
In the past it was often discussed about the possibility to take the opportunity to make recurring payments available.

maybe something like that

i broadcast to the blockchain that i will pay x bitUSD every 15th in a month to merchant Alice as long i don't broadcast a chancel message

with this ability we could go to the recurring merchant sides. As long as i know, no other crypto tackles this huge market.

Absolutely this wold be a very strong selling point that for sure.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
^^ yep

Every time I ever heard Dan and max talk about this, it was always as a wallet feature which requires opening your wallet occasionally.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline vikram

Blockchain support for something like this is not on the roadmap for 1.0.

Developers are still free to build client-side scripts that do something like this.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 12:39:23 am by vikram »

Offline fluxer555

• View Profile
Furthermore, BTS is one of the only solutions that are in the position to have recurring payments, as we have price stability.

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
In the past it was often discussed about the possibility to take the opportunity to make recurring payments available.

maybe something like that

i broadcast to the blockchain that i will pay x bitUSD every 15th in a month to merchant Alice as long i don't broadcast a chancel message

with this ability we could go to the recurring merchant sides. As long as i know, no other crypto tackles this huge market.