Author Topic: Distribution At Block 32000 - MemoryCoin 2.0  (Read 71759 times)

Offline seraphim

Still a bit unclear on the idea of importing protoshare's private key to mem coin, is there a set date we need to do this by or can we still claim these coins with our pts private key a year down the road?

They're waiting for you :)
Meet you on STEEM

Offline Pocket Sand

• View Profile
Still a bit unclear on the idea of importing protoshare's private key to mem coin, is there a set date we need to do this by or can we still claim these coins with our pts private key a year down the road?

Offline smokim11

• View Profile
Why is the miner using so little RAM? I have 71GB of RAM on my server with 8 cores, and it's only using 2% of it. Shouldn't utilizing more RAM help this substantially? This IS MemoryCoin after all, isn't it?

I think it only needs 1GB regardless of the amount of threads you use.

This coin desperately needs a pool and a working miner. A fix for the wallet sync problem alot including me are ecountering or 2.0 is going to fail just like 1.0 did.
If I helped you and want to show your appreciation donate any amount:
Pjem2V2FDPGZa6yAvpL2fN5yZKXYUNLSv5

Offline fluxer555

• View Profile
Why is the miner using so little RAM? I have 71GB of RAM on my server with 8 cores, and it's only using 2% of it. Shouldn't utilizing more RAM help this substantially? This IS MemoryCoin after all, isn't it?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
ok, i cant figure out the importprivkey.
i go to protoshare qt copy address from receive. go to console and type dumprivkey <address>, then copy very long string,
then i go to memorycoin qt console type importprivkey <verylongstring> [label] [rescan=true]......

heres what i typed...
importprivkey xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ypool rescan=true
i get    Method not found(code -32601)
tried diff address...
importprivkey xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ptspool rescan=true
iget        Error: Error parsing JSON:rescan=true

what am i doing wrong?

NVM figured it out :) you don't need the [label] or [rescan=true] LOL
importprivkey xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 1
or
importprivkey xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx true

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
any chance to get an OSX version of this miner ?
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline jellyfish420

• View Profile
No.
Maybe you can ask the exchange for the private key of your address, but at the moment they are the only ones able to redeem.

Interesting.

Does the devs plan on mailing the exchanges - there only 3 now - to issue memory coins to users in proportion?
from what i've gathered i 'think' its up to the exchange how/if they want to do it.....

Offline jellyfish420

• View Profile
ok, i cant figure out the importprivkey.
i go to protoshare qt copy address from receive. go to console and type dumprivkey <address>, then copy very long string,
then i go to memorycoin qt console type importprivkey <verylongstring> [label] [rescan=true]......

heres what i typed...
importprivkey xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ypool rescan=true
i get    Method not found(code -32601)
tried diff address...
importprivkey xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ptspool rescan=true
iget        Error: Error parsing JSON:rescan=true

what am i doing wrong?

NVM figured it out :) you don't need the [label] or [rescan=true] LOL
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 08:46:43 pm by jellyfish420 »

sumantso

No.
Maybe you can ask the exchange for the private key of your address, but at the moment they are the only ones able to redeem.

Interesting.

Does the devs plan on mailing the exchanges - there only 3 now - to issue memory coins to users in proportion?

Offline stuartcharles

• View Profile
congrats Freetrade an impressively fair start.

Offline seraphim

No.
Meet you on STEEM

sumantso

I missed this. So, if I withdraw PTS from exchange now and import will it work?

Offline delta123

• View Profile
too many error message   :-\

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'boost::exception_detail::clone_impl<boost::exception_detail::error_info_injector<boost::thread_resource_error> >'
  what():  boost::thread_resource_error: Resource temporarily unavailable

Linux source:
https://github.com/memorycoin/memorycoin.git

Offline canth

• View Profile
I have 4 addresses in my PTS wallet, 3 of which have balances so I imported all 4 private keys into my MMC wallet. One corresponding MMC address shows a proper balance of 1:10 PTS:MMC, while the others do not appear to have any mined transactions.

The coins came from mining and purchases, 99% of which were generated before block 32000. Any guesses why some balances aren't showing properly?

Try to restart the MemoryCoin client.

Should have tried that before posting  - restarting worked. I guess at least others can learn what to expect. Odd that the first import value showed up without a restart while the others didn't.

Offline testz

I am getting "0 active connections to memorycoin", what do I do?
Also, can you/ is it worth mining from the client?

Look here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=370806.0