Author Topic: Distribution At Block 32000 - MemoryCoin 2.0  (Read 70790 times)

Offline RejectKid

• View Profile
    • Facebook Profile
Couple questions.  Is there any documentation on this? or a seperate wallet? webiste?  those sorts of things?

Also how do you obtain the private key that you're speaking of?

It's a separate altcoin/DAC - separate wallet, website etc. The private key will be derivable from your PTS private key.

sorry if it's a nub question.  But how would one go about getting their PTS private key?  like I know I have several wallet addresses but this private key I'm not to keen on. 
PTS: Pu4ahefp2nMXeQw2cxome8g6V9B4faLx81 BTC: 1NcZg4xF9zSCNUpVanfwfMJY7kqAXtdrbu MMC: MWsdbnkdZRPNEQru1YeeATZTGmqhuSYFoN
Reddit: www.reddit.com/r/protoshare www.reddit.com/r/memorycoin

Offline arubi

• View Profile
Is it not possible to map public PTS addresses to public MC2.0 addresses, then just import your private key from Protoshares on the MC2.0 wallet?

no 3rd party necessary

Offline Gekko

• Lunch is for wimps........ Greed is good.
    • View Profile
For maximum safety, you should wait until after block 32000, then transfer your balance to a new ProtoShares address. Then use your old private keys to access your MemoryCoin balance.
That seems a litte... cumbersome, at least. I hope such things won't be necessary in future ProtoShare developments!
Isn't that a design fault? Or is it necessary because of how beta ProtoShares (MemoryCoin?) still is? What has my PTS private key to do with anything else than my PTS wallet?

Offline FreeTrade

• View Profile
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=267522.0

If its based on the old coin which didnt work out, what are you adding to it to make it work this time?

There's some discussion near the end of that thread on the differences that I hope will make the differences. I don't want get off-topic into a general discussion on MC2.0 here.
“People should be more sophisticated? How are you gonna get that done?” - Jerry Seinfeld reply to Bill Maher

Offline FreeTrade

• View Profile
Isn't revealing our private key dangerous? Wouldn't someone with my private key be able to spend all my coins?

Yes, it would be, so it is not required that you communicate your private key to anyone.

For maximum safety, you should wait until after block 32000, then transfer your balance to a new ProtoShares address. Then use your old private keys to access your MemoryCoin balance.

The above steps will protect you against the possibility that the altcoin wallet is a trojan trying to collect private keys. You'll also be review the source code and compile it. There's no hurry, so don't feel rushed about any of these steps.

“People should be more sophisticated? How are you gonna get that done?” - Jerry Seinfeld reply to Bill Maher

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
Isn't revealing our private key dangerous? Wouldn't someone with my private key be able to spend all my coins?

correct.

I won't risk it for an altcoin.

Offline que23

• View Profile
PTS: Pa75dEzGkMcnM85hRMbdKiS1YdF81rnSCF

Offline ebit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: ebit
telegram:ebit521
https://weibo.com/ebiter

Offline stuartcharles

• View Profile
Just had a read of the thread on bitcoin talk

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=267522.0

If its based on the old coin which didnt work out, what are you adding to it to make it work this time?

Offline bahamapascal

• View Profile
Wow, this is some interesting news :)
That should be beneficial for both coins, I guess we will be seeing a price increase in the next day or so :)

Offline Gekko

• View Profile
I see. Quote from the MemoryCoin Manifesto:
It is based on the Bitcoin code, but with some key differences.
Sorry, but the first things that come to my mind are: dispensable, superfluous, redundant, unnecessary. Just like most of the other altcoins.
On the other hand... just for making first steps with ProtoShares, for playing around, pump and dump... why not.

Offline FreeTrade

• View Profile
Couple questions.  Is there any documentation on this? or a seperate wallet? webiste?  those sorts of things?

Also how do you obtain the private key that you're speaking of?

It's a separate altcoin/DAC - separate wallet, website etc. The private key will be derivable from your PTS private key.

Offline FreeTrade

• View Profile
More detailed information will be available on the coin's launch, with a 1 week period where block rewards are phased in. It'll be somewhat similar to the original MemoryCoin, so if you can't wait, you can read about that on the BitCoinTalk forum thread.

For now I just really wanted to advise ProtoShares holders of the distribution block - 32000, by my calculations this should be in 2 or 3 days time.

Offline Gekko

• View Profile
What is MemoryCoin (2.0) for?

Offline stuartcharles

• View Profile
Great news Freetrade this will help us see some rise in PTS value, however, i havent got a clue what memory coin is benefits ect can you edit the opening of your topic to let holders and potential investors know what they are supporting/buying into?