Author Topic: Ads on bytemaster's blog  (Read 4162 times)

Offline bytemaster

I removed the side bar ad.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline mint chocolate chip

Google ads are customized to your personal interests, so what you see usually says more about what sites you yourself frequent.

Offline islandking

• The king of the island
    • View Profile
Yeah I am not a fan of the ads. Makes the blog look spammy.

I went to one if the blog posts and it has an adsense ad for pizza. I agree that we should be monitzing our efforts for more funding but ads just make us look bad... Not even worth the income for the potential loss of new users.
I've been working on a new electronic cash system that's fully peer-to-peer, with no trusted third party. - Satoshi

Offline oco101

• View Profile
You need to take down the ads. Ads are good for monetizing when no other monetization method is more effective. Right now we have a few clear, valuable call-to-actions: get a bitshares account, buy bitshares, buy bitUSD, and sign up for the mailing list.

Anything else just distracts users away from these important goals, all while damaging the perceived value and credibility of you and bitshares on the whole.

I agree it makes the blog look unprofessional . There is not much traffic yet anyway, so no much money to be made.

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
 +5%

i already said the same.

Offline fluxer555

• View Profile
You need to take down the ads. Ads are good for monetizing when no other monetization method is more effective. Right now we have a few clear, valuable call-to-actions: get a bitshares account, buy bitshares, buy bitUSD, and sign up for the mailing list.

Anything else just distracts users away from these important goals, all while damaging the perceived value and credibility of you and bitshares on the whole.