Poll

Do we need a new PTS logo icon?

YES
20 (29%)
NO
49 (71%)

Total Members Voted: 67

Voting closed: December 24, 2013, 11:03:55 am

Author Topic: [VOTING] NEW Protoshare Logo (YES/NO)  (Read 11586 times)

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Re: [VOTING] NEW Protoshare Logo (YES/NO)
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2013, 07:00:23 pm »
any news on this!? The community result of voting says no to the new PTS logo, but on protoshares.com
website the new one is used. Is the voice of the community not important!? Feedback appreciated...
+1

Yes the voice is important, and that voice has told us to fix the Invictus website before spending more time on the ProtoShares website.  I suspect that the ProtoShares section of the new Invictus website will use the logo everyone likes best.

Byte thx for you update on this.
I just want to say i like your new transparent way to communicate. Since you changed your behaviour on this a few Weeks ago, all things working better.

Chapaeu - :)

I suspect that the ProtoShares section of the new Invictus website will use the logo everyone likes best.

We'll see!!
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 07:03:21 pm by cassiopaia »
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline bytemaster

« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2013, 06:50:12 pm »
any news on this!? The community result of voting says no to the new PTS logo, but on protoshares.com
website the new one is used. Is the voice of the community not important!? Feedback appreciated...
+1

Yes the voice is important, and that voice has told us to fix the Invictus website before spending more time on the ProtoShares website.  I suspect that the ProtoShares section of the new Invictus website will use the logo everyone likes best.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Number 1

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2013, 12:48:35 pm »
+1
PTS: Pj8UH9ExVidcFd4LKtEgPSrwrtpYhPhug8

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2013, 11:34:08 am »
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline super3

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2013, 09:43:58 pm »
Agreed. Brian will take care of this from now on.

Offline jan

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2013, 10:41:04 am »
I have mixed feelings... will delegate to marketing team.

Not sure what your management structure is there on such things. My advice is that the person making the decision on whether to change the logo should not be the same person responsible for the new logo, especially not if the person has already made a new logo. This would create a conflict of interest as it may be satisfying to see a new logo of your own design on a product, even if the product would be harmed by a change. Separate those decisions please!

absolutly with you
You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star - F. Nietzsche

Offline jan

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2013, 10:37:44 am »

+1 indeed good idea

Offline FreeTrade

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2013, 10:35:33 am »

Not sure what your management structure is there on such things. My advice is that the person making the decision on whether to change the logo should not be the same person responsible for the new logo, especially not if the person has already made a new logo. This would create a conflict of interest as it may be satisfying to see a new logo of your own design on a product, even if the product would be harmed by a change. Separate those decisions please!

“People should be more sophisticated? How are you gonna get that done?” - Jerry Seinfeld reply to Bill Maher

Offline bytemaster

« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2013, 09:23:10 am »
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline superresistant

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2013, 12:04:02 pm »

Offline que23

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2013, 11:52:30 am »
No

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PTS: Pa75dEzGkMcnM85hRMbdKiS1YdF81rnSCF

Offline super3

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2013, 09:41:42 pm »

iam completly with you boshen1011! I don't know whats going up with keyhotee logo and 3i website! I have sent the source files yesterday .. but bounty isn't paid till now. I have sent a view submissions on keyhotee thread but i have a lot to do next weeks so iam thinking iam out for future design contest etc.

Oh no jan, master is in conference these days, I believe he will pay the bounty as soon as possible. You have done excellent job, please come back for future design when you are off the load.

Thank you very much for your words! Yes i will try to do so... yes sure no prob i have sent master a PM. thx for the info about the conference.
Byte and Me are at the conference right now. Huge things are going on. We will payout bounties at the end of the when we actually get back home.

Offline solaaire

• praise the sun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2013, 07:12:50 pm »
I like both.

That said, I think the flat look of the original will serve better for marketing. Flat is in, especially in the tech industry. Just look at the latest OS offerings from Apple and Microsoft. Because of this, the one dimensional look of the 'older' logo may help to confirm the credibility of the ProtoShares brand. The flat logo looks modern, it looks new, and above all, it looks similar to icons of tech products we like and are familiar with. I understand that Invictus/ProtoShares isn't meant to be just-another-tech-giant by design, however it is important to remember that ideas being presented are very new, and therefore unfamiliar to most. It takes a bit of time to wrap your head around it all! It may prove useful to ease newcomers into the world of DACs with a readily identifiable logo that evokes the feel of other technologies people know and love. I think the original flat logo achieves this goal. No need to change it.

Offline jan

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2013, 05:00:59 pm »
The Logo used on the Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Protoshares/164065677137252 is more of an optical illusion than the one used on protoshares.net but both look good!

this one is a direct copy of PTS icon i  have designed ....

Offline Digger

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2013, 04:34:05 pm »
The Logo used on the Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Protoshares/164065677137252 is more of an optical illusion than the one used on protoshares.net but both look good!
Pk6U7sQxobgcWLQiTgMPDZtGQqcm6EkJHj

Offline Number 1

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2013, 02:20:52 am »
The old logo is better, iconic and simple. The new one is too complex- probably trying to reference blockchain but instead is nearly identical to the gamecube logo.
PTS: Pj8UH9ExVidcFd4LKtEgPSrwrtpYhPhug8

Offline r05

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2013, 12:24:48 am »
The old (current) logo is easy on the eye and is instantly recognizable by new and old users alike. It uses two(?) colors and is easily loadable on mobile devices, high latency connections etc and fits with the "theme" of many other highly used cryptocoins.

I think the new logo is too complex and unidentifiable.
If I have helped you, please consider buying me a beer:
PTS: PZ6ZED8q1i7nQqnZiwFHdgLMELi3sgpnzL
BTC: 1CPF64k1AraWAUiDSh2QthRhbtJJznzRtw

Offline 520Bit

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2013, 12:00:46 am »
I prefer the new logo.
Accept BTC/XCP/MSC: 152oBitoBwHwxR5UpUQnsvWSFjYHkheDJk
PTS: PtPXhrP5jk8BPH5fFcPnBgNSrfmJ6DCFcW
PPC: PRT95iQEKUzJSb2XsPjLgdbyoSyKiDmyb9

Offline fuzzy

« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2013, 11:11:17 pm »
I think the new one's similarity to GameCube's Logo will actually help us gain recognition.  The question is...what kind?  I voted yes, but that is only because I think the newly created logo is beautiful and i'd like it.  You wont get bad recognition from this guy for using it.

The old one, however, is FINE. 
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline jan

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2013, 08:43:59 pm »

iam completly with you boshen1011! I don't know whats going up with keyhotee logo and 3i website! I have sent the source files yesterday .. but bounty isn't paid till now. I have sent a view submissions on keyhotee thread but i have a lot to do next weeks so iam thinking iam out for future design contest etc.

Oh no jan, master is in conference these days, I believe he will pay the bounty as soon as possible. You have done excellent job, please come back for future design when you are off the load.

Thank you very much for your words! Yes i will try to do so... yes sure no prob i have sent master a PM. thx for the info about the conference.

Offline robozombie

• Technoholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2013, 08:15:32 pm »
The current logo is ok however the one at protoshares.net is very distinct which can create nice brand recognition!

I really like the clean design of protoshares.net, however, it kind of reminds me of Windows 8's UI.
Robozombie

Offline robozombie

• Technoholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2013, 08:10:43 pm »
Hi guys

do you think we need a new PTS logo or not!? Pls vote here! The voting ends in 2 weeks and the results are viewable after the voting ends!

Cheers
Jan

Dammit! I just voted no, I thought I was going to see the big "NO" bar  :o :-X
Robozombie

Offline Amazon

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Forum
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2013, 08:05:13 pm »

Forum Donation: PforumPLfVQXTi4QpQqKwoChXHkoHcxGuA

Offline jan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2013, 08:00:47 pm »
Please post current official logo  :)

The current official logo is the one shows in the wallet, and also the message icon of this topic.

The new one is in https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=1173.0 and also http://protoshares.net

Sorry, I misread the topic and was think we need new logo for Keyhotee ID.
I like ProtoShares logo, I don't think we need new one.

It is important for us to have feedbacks from community,  but the new version logo design of protoshare is not on our #1 priority list.

Any further suggestions of our website of 3i and logo of keyhotee?

btw: iam not start this voting cause iam thinking we need a new one...

Offline jan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2013, 07:59:39 pm »
The current logo is ok however the one at protoshares.net is very distinct which can create nice brand recognition!

the new one is distinct? do you have seen it on 16x16px?

Offline boshen1011

• Keyhotee ID:Bo
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2013, 07:47:20 pm »

The current official logo is the one shows in the wallet, and also the message icon of this topic.

The new one is in https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=1173.0 and also http://protoshares.net

It is important for us to have feedbacks from community,  but the new version logo design of protoshare is not on our #1 priority list.

Any further suggestions of our website of 3i and logo of keyhotee? 

Offline Brekyrself

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2013, 07:45:04 pm »

Offline testz

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2013, 07:31:12 pm »

Offline Amazon

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Forum
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2013, 07:19:04 pm »

Forum Donation: PforumPLfVQXTi4QpQqKwoChXHkoHcxGuA

Offline testz

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2013, 01:50:47 pm »

Offline jan

• View Profile
[VOTING] NEW Protoshare Logo (YES/NO)
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2013, 11:03:55 am »
Hi guys

do you think we need a new PTS logo or not!? Pls vote here! The voting ends in 2 weeks and the results are viewable after the voting ends!

Cheers
Jan