Author Topic: No bitUSD sell/shorts at feed price. First time ever?  (Read 1148 times)

Offline Rune

• View Profile
why should that have a negative effect on the price of BTS in the short term? don't get it, sorry :(

Well it probably won't have since someone who wants to go into bitUSD but can't, can go into bitCNY instead. But if there's no bitassets for sale you'll have to unload BTS for fiat on a centralized exchange, removing money from the system. The actual effect on the price is a bit more complicated than that of course, still having no sell orders at feed price is definitely short term bearish BTS.

I'll finally be leveraging a small amount of my position once 0.5 comes tomorrow. Hopefully can catch this low interest rate.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
why should that have a negative effect on the price of BTS in the short term? don't get it, sorry :(

Though this is a HUGE opportunity to short USD for 0.0% interest btw :)

Offline Rune

• View Profile
http://bitsharesblocks.com/assets/asset?id=USD

I've never seen a bitasset having plenty of buyers but no sellers. This is good because it means bitassets are considered a proper store of wealth, but could be bad for the price of BTS in the short term (if it can get any worse :P).

Great time to leverage your exposure to the coming reversal... if you dare ;)