Author Topic: Current Bitshares wallet is not for average users yet  (Read 2302 times)

Offline xiahui135

• View Profile

Light wallet is in the first priority compared with any other things.
Luckily, Yunbi.com is preparing  to work on it to replace or compete with previous dev teams, and ask for a 100% delegate for compensation. Stay tuned.  +5%
Good to see other team to compete with the dev team. We hope client with better usability will appear.

Offline mike623317

• View Profile
We are aware that ease-of-use issues exist, and we are focusing substantial resources on them.

We have a light wallet in development that will be considerably easier to use, partly due to not implementing advanced features like the built-in market.  We also have a faucet to allow new users to register an account name without funds, which you can see in action if you run an up-to-date GUI client.

We are re-branding our robohashes as Safebot -- see http://bytemaster.bitshares.org/article/2015/01/11/Introducing-SafeBot/?r=theoreticalbts

Indeed, this is a smart move in my opinion. Cant wait to see/use it.
 +5%

Offline theoretical

We are aware that ease-of-use issues exist, and we are focusing substantial resources on them.

We have a light wallet in development that will be considerably easier to use, partly due to not implementing advanced features like the built-in market.  We also have a faucet to allow new users to register an account name without funds, which you can see in action if you run an up-to-date GUI client.

We are re-branding our robohashes as Safebot -- see http://bytemaster.bitshares.org/article/2015/01/11/Introducing-SafeBot/?r=theoreticalbts
BTS- theoretical / PTS- PZxpdC8RqWsdU3pVJeobZY7JFKVPfNpy5z / BTC- 1NfGejohzoVGffAD1CnCRgo9vApjCU2viY / the delegate formerly known as drltc / Nothing said on these forums is intended to be legally binding / All opinions are my own unless otherwise noted / Take action due to my posts at your own risk

Offline mike623317

• View Profile
This is the feedback i hear when i try and introduce bitshares to other people. Their initial reaction is : I dont understand what i am looking at.

I think it depends upon who the target audience is, but i do think Bitreserve and Ripple have a much less complicated and easier to understand interface.

Not trying to be negative, but it all comes back to ease of use IMO.

Offline svk

Luckily, Yunbi.com is preparing  to work on it to replace or compete with previous dev teams, and ask for a 100% delegate for compensation. Stay tuned.  +5%

I would love to see the chinese community get a few 100% delegate roles

Agreed! I noticed we had four chinese 100% delegates registered today, looking forward to hearing their plans! Two yunbi delegates :)
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline bitmarket

• View Profile
    • BitShares TV

I would love to see the chinese community get a few 100% delegate roles
Host of BitShares.TV and Author of BitShares 101

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont
BTS committee member:jademont

Offline sudo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ags
now  bts client  has no help document or Gif  embedded
it is   terrible

Offline xiahui135

• View Profile
the client is so hard to use that i have tried many times and not success once. It is not for average people and usable yet.

Offline davidpbrown

Bitcointalk suggests 395221 Topic posting members .. 411063 User IDs, that's a lot of money for those who by rights ought to find BitShares for themselves. Also quality of active members there is not great. Reaching beyond bitcointalk might be better? Where's the easy money at?.. Low hanging fruit??.. I expect putting money behind real ventures such as PeerTracks might do better. Could perhaps look to engage GEMZ users later. +?
฿://1CBxm54Ah5hiYxiUtD7JGYRXykT5Z6ZuMc

Offline joele

• View Profile

Current Bitshares wallet is not for average users specially to those who doesn't know how cryptocoin works.

Bitshares should be promoted massively in bitcointalk and reddit crypto communities, once we have lite wallet then we can target the general public.

Bytemaster wrote about Paypal technique in buying users, why not give free bitUSD to all bitcointalk users, first come first serve until fund is depleted.

Just my 2 cents