Author Topic: Easy Way to Compare Delegates  (Read 1680 times)

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Please save up all this content for when dposhub launches.. this will be most useful.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053
i'm not a fan of voting in political elections, but i want to take our own enterprise's governance seriously and effectively participate in voting. i've been trying to track down a concise resource for comparing delegates, but the best i could come up with was this section of the forum where delegates ad hoc post their individual updates:

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/board,61.0.html

i also found this excellent discussion started by @Thom: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,9253.msg122027.html#msg122027

I just put the bulk of my funds into cold storage and I noticed the delegate voting options during the transfer.

Not yet being satisfied I am informed enough to individually select delegates (let alone 101 of them!), I went ahead and selected the "let delegates decide" option (or something like that. I still get the msg "this account is not voting with all of it's stake" tho).

In my mind there's a rather big hole in our DPOS implementation that needs to be filled and that's in setting up some basic standards or guidelines for delegates and providing a central place where that info can be published. Even basic info like hardware description, ISP, UPS and the like for each delegate would be better than nothing.

I wouldn't want to lock in a set of requirements, but having a basic checklist of guidelines each delegate could publish would give people a metric to compare delegates. Another set of criteria would be operational information and run-time stats, like svk publishes on his BitsharesBlocks.com website.

These things may have been discussed, but I haven't found such discussions if so. I'm also aware this probably isn't on the top of the priority pile, but it probably needs to be addressed before going live to general public in a big way.

It seems like every day I see web designs on the internet that look outstanding, and makes me feel like my efforts are neanderthal in comparison. But I could throw up a Joomla site with some generalized info pages about delegate voting, and a forum, guestbook or some way to for delegates to post the essentials of their "campaign platform" for the general public. Maybe even putting up polls to gauge what the BitShare community considered to be important in a delegate might provide useful input. Hell I dunno. Anyway, this may not even be worth 2 shatoshis to this community, but it's a thought that crossed my mind.

have there been any updates since this discussion thread? any central resources created where we can compare delegate metrics? i really like this idea and would be happy to participate in putting something like this together. we have a voting process right now, but if we don't really know what we're voting on it likely isn't anywhere close to optimal.