Author Topic: xchain.info gateway needs feedback!  (Read 3721 times)

Offline abelljefrry

Why has this not received much attention?

For a non-technical person like me, can anyone compare this with monsterer's efforts?
They both work in similar way. One of the obvious difference:

This one is 1:1 exchange with Gateway IOU while monsterer's is 1:1 BTC/bitBTC. Both has its own pros and cons though.
Need a designer for your project? Hire me! I accept BTS as payment :)

View my BitShares design portfolio here : bit.ly/BitSharesPortfolio

sumantso

Why has this not received much attention?

For a non-technical person like me, can anyone compare this with monsterer's efforts?

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso
Very cool, I look forward to this.

julian1

On this website,

Is it possible to show the total BTC moved in/out?

How many GATEBTC are in at the moment?

Agreed. Total GATEBTC on issue and the quantity of BTC backing need to be prominent. I like the idea of charts too.

julian1

The api calls to fetch the two json files are really slow, it's causing a flash of unstyled content whenever you click to get a new page. Are you polling the bitshares client directly for the order history on the backend? If so that is probably why, the order history rpc call is really slow so you should probably cache the data.

I suspect this is the table css animation which I struggled with. It works well enough as a nice visual cue when a single tx appears/updates, but isn't good during pagination/initial load.

I just disabled it, so hopefully that improves things.

It's also a little hard to figure out what's actually happening in those transactions. You could probably include blockchain.info links as well for the BTC transactions?

Yes, the initial plan was to link the txid's to blockchain.info and also to your bitsharesblocks for the bts ones. I've held off thinking I may try to develop those views myself.

Offline arhag

• View Profile
    • My posts on Steem
  • BitShares: arhag
  • GitHub: arhag
Great.

Next, find 6 trusted delegates to run the daemons and implement the BTC reserve with a 4-of-6 multisig. The 4-of-6 limitation is to comply with current standardness requirements of the current Bitcoin reference client. After version 0.10, we might be able to expand this to something like 10-of-15. See discussion here for explanation.

Later, maybe we can use threshold signatures to protect the BTC reserve and implement the decentralized BitShares standard gateway, as described here for any ECDSA-compatible altcoins we are interested in trading.

Offline svk

The api calls to fetch the two json files are really slow, it's causing a flash of unstyled content whenever you click to get a new page. Are you polling the bitshares client directly for the order history on the backend? If so that is probably why, the order history rpc call is really slow so you should probably cache the data.

It's also a little hard to figure out what's actually happening in those transactions. You could probably include blockchain.info links as well for the BTC transactions?
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline fundomatic

• View Profile
On this website,

Is it possible to show the total BTC moved in/out?

How many GATEBTC are in at the moment?

Also, possibly, show the BTS/GATEBTC market stats?

Offline Rune

• View Profile
Is this the GATEBTC gateway? Is it actually operational and has volume? We need to get this going asap and get a video of how to use it from btc to bitbtc and bitusd

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
It still refers to BitShares X in the title.

I think X is part of "X-Chain Gateway".

I guess it is, but it can cause some confusion. Maybe switch to BitShares/Bitcoin X-Chain Gateway?
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline fundomatic

• View Profile

I think X is part of "X-Chain Gateway".

Offline bytemaster

The landing page is confusing..

The tech looks good.

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Woooow .. gonna try that as soon as i got my newish btc 8)

julian1

There is now a preview website for the Bitcoin/Bitshares Gateway at http://xchain.info.

See also the faq,

http://xchain.info/#/components/faq/view.html

I'm interested to hear opinions on the site design, explanation, functionality etc keeping in mind that it is a (functional) early preview.