Author Topic: A BitShares wallet demo on this device might get some attention...  (Read 1809 times)

Offline JA

• View Profile
The real product (if it ever actually happens) is never going to be as nice as is demonstrated in this demo video.

1) I doubt the visuals will look that nice in real life. Especially in a bright environment. I also wonder how it would look on different skin tones.

2) Every time you place your finger down you would be casting a shadow on the rest of the "display" so it will definitely not look as it is advertised in that video.

3) The battery on that tiny thing would likely drain so quickly that the only thing it would be useful for is as a novelty to show off to your friends for 5 minutes. The battery will drain like crazy even if it is "only" projecting a screen capture of your smartphone casted via WiFi and relaying the touch events back to the smartphone. (And in that case there will probably be annoying lag as well.)

4) Frankly, it would make more sense to just strap on a smartphone to your forearm, assuming you are willing to look like a complete nerd in public.
Not to mention my hairy arms  :P

Offline arhag

• View Profile
    • My posts on Steem
  • BitShares: arhag
  • GitHub: arhag
The real product (if it ever actually happens) is never going to be as nice as is demonstrated in this demo video.

1) I doubt the visuals will look that nice in real life. Especially in a bright environment. I also wonder how it would look on different skin tones.

2) Every time you place your finger down you would be casting a shadow on the rest of the "display" so it will definitely not look as it is advertised in that video.

3) The battery on that tiny thing would likely drain so quickly that the only thing it would be useful for is as a novelty to show off to your friends for 5 minutes. The battery will drain like crazy even if it is "only" projecting a screen capture of your smartphone casted via WiFi and relaying the touch events back to the smartphone. (And in that case there will probably be annoying lag as well.)

4) Frankly, it would make more sense to just strap on a smartphone to your forearm, assuming you are willing to look like a complete nerd in public.

Offline oco101

• View Profile

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Maybe we could get Magic Leap to tattoo their next mini-elephant with a BitShares logo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JW4OqhfGPII

Offline onceuponatime

It doesn't exist yet. They are still trying to raise money to produce it. And may not ever raise the money because of quality limitations at the price point they would have to sell it at.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
https://www.youtube.com/embed/9J7GpVQCfms

If folks aren't too awestruck by the device, it might be a great attention grabber to show off the payment system of the future.

Right now, I'm thinking a video showing someone using this device to pay in BitGold would go viral.

Why didn't this show up in Back to the Future II?
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.