Author Topic: David Cameron Declares War on Encryption  (Read 2901 times)

Offline matt608

• View Profile
I hope @bytemaster that he post on his blog his opinion of what he things is the cause of this fight against the crypto world...

We don't need any more blog posts from BM, just coding.  I'm writing something about this myself.

Offline matt608

• View Profile
http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2015/jan/13/david-cameron-encrypted-messaging-apps-ban

They mentioned:
prestonbyrne.com/2015/01/13/you-cant-stop-crypto-mr-cameron/

It's an insane notion and I don't believe it will go ahead. 

« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 08:24:23 pm by matt608 »

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
I hope @bytemaster that he post on his blog his opinion of what he things is the cause of this fight against the crypto world...

Offline davidpbrown

The Conservatives are called the Nasty Party for a reason. They always have some ultra-conservative and establishment lazy, police and security need-more-powers bill in mind.

Ethereum's ambitions to be disruptive are well beyond what simple currencies and assets are looking for, so in the event such stupidity took place in the UK, they wouldn't be unaffected. That said, it would take a lot more than just the UK taking such actions to be a large problem. The UK doesn't rule the waves anymore.

Also, it would be extremely clumsy relative to any ambitions they have for the UK to play host to new digital finance. I'm not suggesting they aren't that stupid but it seems unlikely anything more will happen with this soon - we have an election in May2015 and there will be alsorts of FUD and blunder in the media until then.

I'd worry more that everything is still tied to Bitcoin and if miners are struggling with the price to the point they are selling, then that is an indication of real stress. Perhaps in this space certain products do not evolve but they die.. what can be done to help adopt old BTC users?
฿://1CBxm54Ah5hiYxiUtD7JGYRXykT5Z6ZuMc

Offline svk

This pisses me off. Western State's see some blowback after meddling in the Middle East since post WW1 & they then punish their citizens by chipping away at the remnants of what freedom they have left.

I wish more people would realize this, especially here in France.

+5%
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
dont know what to say ... sad but true reality ---
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline fuzzy

I'm going to tell you guys right now something I was telling JoeyD, Gamey and a few others in Mumble MONTHS ago. 

I will paraphrase:

Ethereum is backed by "ex" Goldman Sachs employees who work as "advisors". Hosk said Ethereum wants to be Oil to Bitcoin's Gold.   In order for them to do this, they have to shake confidence in bitcoin as the crypto reserve currency and work to ensure there are multiple gateways all over the world opened up directly for Ethereum to fiat.  They will wait and let the cryptosphere do all the innovation for them and will later use a huge marketing blitz along with their fiat gateways to draw in substantial amounts of talent, and will use the innovations they feel are best for their plans to create a decentralized world currency that they control. 
Just watch and see, as Ethereum's launch nears, bitcoin will go down substantially in price and Ethereum will come out to "save the day".

I haven't been wrong thus far.  Just waiting to see how it plays out, though I must admit...the fact that Ethereum has said they will use Proof of Work initially and gradually move to a form of POS makes me think they are going to possibly offer mining cartels the ability to mine Ether with Bitcoin-mining equipment...which they will readily do if Bitcoin is tanking hard and they fear losing their asses.  Then they plan to move to something similar to DPOS, only a version closer to something like ripple that they can control.

"A proposed UK bill could end anonymity in Bitcoin transactions by logging of all content accessed via UK ISPs. This will leave only services such as DarkWallet as truly anonymous options, placing them firmly in the sights of UK lawmakers seeking “the legal power to break into the encrypted communications of suspected terrorists.”"

http://cointelegraph.com/news/113295/uk-may-attempt-to-end-anonymity-in-bitcoin-transactions-may-cause-a-rise-in-the-use-of-darkwallet

Welcome to the mark of the Beast... :/

The rise of the use of Dark Wallet and the "crypto resistance" will be called "Cyber Terrorists" and false flags will be used to scare the people into corralling liberty and privacy-minded crypto-enthusiasts into nice little joy camps.  The more I watch this all unfold the more concerned I become.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 08:36:48 am by fuzzy »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info
"A proposed UK bill could end anonymity in Bitcoin transactions by logging of all content accessed via UK ISPs. This will leave only services such as DarkWallet as truly anonymous options, placing them firmly in the sights of UK lawmakers seeking “the legal power to break into the encrypted communications of suspected terrorists.”"

http://cointelegraph.com/news/113295/uk-may-attempt-to-end-anonymity-in-bitcoin-transactions-may-cause-a-rise-in-the-use-of-darkwallet

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info
I t is obvious to me now that they will fight against us very hard, against all the crypto community in the name of our "security", in the name of "freedom" in the name of

"Je suis Charlie"

like they  have already do with the twin-towers in NY ...
the same executors ! WHAT A COINCIDENCE !!!

maybe thats why all crypto market caps are falling like this.... the ELITE is selling !!! They have the order to sell !!!
No, the whales are not selling now ... the MONSTERS do it !  WAKE UP GUYS the war just began! (at least it is obvious now) ;)

Offline fuzzy

This pisses me off. Western State's see some blowback after meddling in the Middle East since post WW1 & they then punish their citizens by chipping away at the remnants of what freedom they have left.

It should piss all of us off...even if we don't live in Britain we can be certain that nearly all in high tier leadership positions around the world are moving in this direction.  We here are one of the final bastions of what could make true freedom possible. 

Offline bitAndy

• View Profile

Offline fuzzy

Are you living in Britain?  If so...this effects you...

Offline fuzzy