Author Topic: I suggest stop price feed and stop market engine  (Read 14561 times)

Offline islandking

• The king of the island
    • View Profile
Can shorting users buy BitUSD on BTER, and then close their positions inside their own wallet by combining this BitUSD with their BitUSD shorts?

You should be able to withdraw the bitUSD to your wallet from BTER.
I've been working on a new electronic cash system that's fully peer-to-peer, with no trusted third party. - Satoshi

Offline Chronos

Can shorting users buy BitUSD on BTER, and then close their positions inside their own wallet by combining this BitUSD with their BitUSD shorts?

Offline Riverhead

There is some bitUSD for sale for BTC on bter.com  8) . Probably not at the price the shorts need it though.

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile
I wouldn't interrupt the market at all but the 30 day requirement is maybe too quick, 90 days might be better.
Although 90 day shorts would be great, for the shorters. This is a very temporary problem.

I think then there will be another thread in the not to distant future, screaming shame there are not enough BitUSD buy orders.

This. When BTS(X) first launched, people were distraught because nobody was buying BitUSD. Why they didn't see this coming, I'll never know. When the system is young, times like this will be routine. Why would you expect there to be BitUSD buyers when BTS is pumping? Why would you expect there to be BitUSD sellers when BTS is tanking? These are the hurdles we have to accept with a free-market system like this.

A longer period would encourage more shorts, thereby increasing competition to short, which increases interest, which helps BitAsset demand. So it could be win-win for both sides.
It all depends how much more the 30 day requirement adds to the peg and I haven't really looked into it enough to know.

Offline Agent86

• BTSX: agent86
    • View Profile
alt, you can get BitUSD here: https://bter.com/trade/btc_bitusd there are several hundred on orders not too far from the price feed.

I'm aware of here. But it's not enough. My cover order is due in 7 days, I'm worried if no one shorting situation lasts. And I think I'm not alone so to speak.
Why don't you place a good size buy order for bitUSD a bit above parity here: https://bter.com/trade/bitusd_usd   ($1.02/bitUSD?)
Then make an announcement; I suspect you will find takers for the amount you need.

I haven't formed a super strong opinion about the perfect system parameters, because it's not my decision how things get implemented.  But, I think you are generally lucky that you are protected as a short by the price feed.  I have thought 30day forced covering seems short, and maybe the 5% margin call penalty is not so nice.  But in my opinion you are lucky that you are not forced to buy above the feed; I think this is too generous to shorts and not good for the system.

Offline merlin0113

• View Profile
alt, you can get BitUSD here: https://bter.com/trade/btc_bitusd there are several hundred on orders not too far from the price feed.

I'm aware of here. But it's not enough. My cover order is due in 7 days, I'm worried if no one shorting situation lasts. And I think I'm not alone so to speak.

I'm not sure how much you need, but the way the market-maker bots on that trading pair are configured, they only place so much on orders at any one time. If you buy up the orders you see now, more will appear after a while. Just so you know.
thanks, you are so kind

Thankful to both of you, LOL.

Offline merlin0113

• View Profile
I don't understand the problem, I see there's like $10k worth of BitUSD selling at feed price, why are people saying they can't buy BitUSD?

They have price limit much lower than current feed price .

Offline kokojie

• View Profile
I don't understand the problem, I see there's like $10k worth of BitUSD selling at feed price, why are people saying they can't buy BitUSD?

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi

I'm not sure how much you need, but the way the market-maker bots on that trading pair are configured, they only place so much on orders at any one time. If you buy up the orders you see now, more will appear after a while. Just so you know.
thanks, you are so kind

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil

Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline biophil

• View Profile
    • My Academic Website
I wouldn't interrupt the market at all but the 30 day requirement is maybe too quick, 90 days might be better.
Although 90 day shorts would be great, for the shorters. This is a very temporary problem.

I think then there will be another thread in the not to distant future, screaming shame there are not enough BitUSD buy orders.

This. When BTS(X) first launched, people were distraught because nobody was buying BitUSD. Why they didn't see this coming, I'll never know. When the system is young, times like this will be routine. Why would you expect there to be BitUSD buyers when BTS is pumping? Why would you expect there to be BitUSD sellers when BTS is tanking? These are the hurdles we have to accept with a free-market system like this.
Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline ssjpts

• View Profile
    • 中国BTC
  • BitShares: coolman
我觉得还是不要更改现有规则,不然会出现新的问题,我觉得没人SHORT是因为价格还没到预期的低价,价格到了,自然会有很多的bitusd,bitcny买单出现。前期short的人应该要明白自己的风险,
新浪微博:剑指未来BTS
BTC:1Bc7gRGotktBmnNFr3BUUM22HFXCCTyxor
BTSX ID:loves,集大众之爱,待到BTS 500刀,10%回退给捐赠者,10%用于运营,剩余80%用于爱心事业和BTS宣传推广。

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile

Offline merlin0113

• View Profile

Offline biophil

• View Profile
    • My Academic Website