Author Topic: Marketing of assets fail  (Read 2452 times)

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Let them integrate BTS first then. Bitcoin merchants cash out into fiat as soon as they can because they're scared about volatility. Can't blame them. But with BTS, merchants will find that they can keep some of their balances in BitUSD, BitGOLD, or whatever asset. It's cheaper and faster than using an exchange. By trying it, they'll understand it, and I think we'll see a bump in BitAsset use.

Offline carpet ride

• View Profile

I have been actively talking with partners for over a month now. Everything from crypto to crypto exchanges, gateways,merchants anyone who will listen. I have noticed that everyone wants to add bts but no one wants to add the assets.

Lets take a recent partner for example. When talking to the head of their marketing department they immediately asked what features make bitshares different then other crypto's. To be honest I was a bit taken back and this question prompted me to ask if they were adding any bitassets. They paused for a min and I could immediately tell they had no idea what I was talking about. They then confirmed that they are not but that they would seriously consider adding them in the future.This is a nice way of saying probably never.

I suppose the funniest part of the above is that nubits which has nushares and is comparable in this case, has nubits (their product/asset) listed for over a month. I am pretty sure they didn't even know nubits was a asset and tbh doesn't care. The fail is on our part and the presentation of our products or lack their of. You see the truth of the situation is this, these partner businesses don't have the time or will to research every alt beating down their door to be added. They (often times) will not list many pairings (bts, bitUSD,bitBTC,bitCNY) etc.... They expect that when we come to them, the asset or share that we promote or suggest right out of the gate is the one they are going to add simple as that.

How do we fix it? If you read the above and agree that their is a problem then you should now be asking that very question. The answer is surprisingly simple. DON'T TALK ABOUT BITSHARES TALK ABOUT THE PRODUCT. Bitshares is for investors and investors will find us IF we have a good product that is being used. We do have a good product, it is not being used. Who wants to invest in shares of a company if they have no one using their product? A open email, reach out to a partner should be along the lines of

Hi such and such I am blah from blah and I would like the opportunity to sit down and talk with you about bitUSD and what it can do for you. You then meet with them on skype and talk their ear off about the assets not the company.......or let gentso sit and talk their ear off, your call.

Am I beating a dead horse yet?

+100%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All opinions are my own. Anything said on this forum does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation between myself and anyone else.
Check out my blog: http://CertainAssets.com
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso
No I said it right, our public-facing content doesn't promote BTS so my point was why would they want to integrate BTS instead of bitassets.

What I am talking about has nothing to do with our content and has everything to do with the people that are presenting information to partners through email and skype, I should have been clear about that.

The mistake you are making is that the people we are speaking with are not going to taking the time to read up and educate themselves about us. We are one alt among a sea of crypto's. The folks we are talking to receive 10+ emails a day from coins. I wouldn't be surprised if the process is to go to CMC look at where they rank and compare that to 24hr volume and base how soon should we add them off that. 

As to your point of why would they want to integrate BTS and not the assets they don't. The problem is they don't know that. That's why the title of the thread is "Marketing of assets fail". The people that sit down after the reach out email with partners need to explain that BitUSD is what they want and why. The product should be presented in the reach out email and during the sit down. The fact that the bts is being added before bitUSD is why its a fail.The purpose is to identify the problem, and come up with solutions.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 06:04:27 pm by Gentso1 »

Offline GaltReport

I have been actively talking with partners for over a month now. Everything from crypto to crypto exchanges, gateways,merchants anyone who will listen. I have noticed that everyone wants to add bts but no one wants to add the assets.

Lets take a recent partner for example. When talking to the head of their marketing department they immediately asked what features make bitshares different then other crypto's. To be honest I was a bit taken back and this question prompted me to ask if they were adding any bitassets. They paused for a min and I could immediately tell they had no idea what I was talking about. They then confirmed that they are not but that they would seriously consider adding them in the future.This is a nice way of saying probably never.

I suppose the funniest part of the above is that nubits which has nushares and is comparable in this case, has nubits (their product/asset) listed for over a month. I am pretty sure they didn't even know nubits was a asset and tbh doesn't care. The fail is on our part and the presentation of our products or lack their of. You see the truth of the situation is this, these partner businesses don't have the time or will to research every alt beating down their door to be added. They (often times) will not list many pairings (bts, bitUSD,bitBTC,bitCNY) etc.... They expect that when we come to them, the asset or share that we promote or suggest right out of the gate is the one they are going to add simple as that.

How do we fix it? If you read the above and agree that their is a problem then you should now be asking that very question. The answer is surprisingly simple. DON'T TALK ABOUT BITSHARES TALK ABOUT THE PRODUCT. Bitshares is for investors and investors will find us IF we have a good product that is being used. We do have a good product, it is not being used. Who wants to invest in shares of a company if they have no one using their product? A open email, reach out to a partner should be along the lines of

Hi such and such I am blah from blah and I would like the opportunity to sit down and talk with you about bitUSD and what it can do for you. You then meet with them on skype and talk their ear off about the assets not the company.......or let gentso sit and talk their ear off, your call.

Lot of good points and you have the credibility of actually talking with some of these people.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
No I said it right, our public-facing content doesn't promote BTS so my point was why would they want to integrate BTS instead of bitassets.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
Right, so who gave them BTS instead of bitassets to begin with? Our public-facing content doesn't really promote BTS bitAssets.
FIFY .. you can thank me later  :P

lol I didn't even notice that but I knew what he meant.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Right, so who gave them BTS instead of bitassets to begin with? Our public-facing content doesn't really promote BTS bitAssets.
FIFY .. you can thank me later  :P

Offline toast

• View Profile
Right, so who gave them BTS instead of bitassets to begin with? Our public-facing content doesn't really promote BTS.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
They then confirmed that they are not but that they would seriously consider adding them in the future.This is a nice way of saying probably never.

You should just say "we weren't planning to support another BTS exchange, the utility is in the bitAssets".

At this point their mind is all ready made up. The battle is lost. This is a meeting to send out a joint marketing message. The Devs are all ready doing the coding. To fight it at this point would mean that you may not gain anything. Their only care is to take a piece of fill in the blank thats it, and their is a whole list of coins behind you.

The correct approach is to give them the product from the start not bts which is for investors. I got involved after the pitched happened and is thus why I feel its important to talk about what pitch we give and to whom.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 03:30:02 pm by Gentso1 »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
You should just say "we weren't planning to support another BTS exchange ...
This.

sumantso

This is not surprising as BM kept expanding BTS's remit, so in the midst of all the drama BitAssets remained one of the products of BitShares.

The current infrastructure doesn't promote BitAssets. We need to have focused marketing for each Asset (or a bunch with similar attributes like BitCurrencies) with their own independent wallet, website, and exchange pairs. As far as casual customers are concerned, the only BitShares relation they see is a small *powered by BitShares logo. 

BM was pulling in an entirely different direction when he said that after firing Brian Page that he would go back to basics and promote the philosophy of BitShares.

Offline toast

• View Profile
They then confirmed that they are not but that they would seriously consider adding them in the future.This is a nice way of saying probably never.

You should just say "we weren't planning to support another BTS exchange, the utility is in the bitAssets".

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile